Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 12,786 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I could really use some help finding a good apartment complex in the La Vista area. I've checked out apartmentratings.com but apparently there are a lot of complexes that give discounts to their residents for posting good reviews, so I'm hoping I could find some unbiased opinions here! My main concern is safety and noise levels...anyone know of a good place???

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 06:51 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,105 times
Here are a few previous threads that have talked about apartments in LaVista (and surrounding area like Ralston and Papillion).... hope these help, if not, repost a more specific question.

La Vista, NE ?

Apartment help for Lincoln commute

Moving to omaha soon. Need info

Moving Soon want good school district

neigborhood 4 toddler

Old 01-25-2010, 09:11 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,381 times
I have lived in Val Verde Apartments (96th & Cornhusker). Unless there has been a complete change in management, I wouldn't recommend them. They were nice when I moved in, but went downhill by the time I left.

I also would strongly recommend staying away from Huntington Park in Papillion or any other property managed by Lund Company. Okay, that's a bit of an understatement....RUN AWAY! I had to go above the property manager to her boss at Lund, who is just as bad. I moved out three months ago and am still fighting with them on some issues. Feel free to send me a message if you want more info.

I guess I don't really know of a good place in Papillion/LaVista.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:18 PM

119 posts, read 438,617 times
Discounts in rent for posting good reviews? Wish I knew about that! Not that I would lie in an apartment review, I would just talk about what I liked about them...

That said, I lived in Brentwood Park for several years. The good things were ameneties for the price -- a nice pool, washer/dryer in each apartment, paid gas heating. The bad things were almost all due to cheap construction. Drafty in the winter (thank goodness for paid gas heat!), easy to hear loud neighbors when we had them (I've never been in an apartment that was soundproof), and a mouse problem that we pretty much fixed ourselves once we discovered they entered behind the stove from an unsealed hole in the drywall where the gasline came through. We also lived on the ground floor which had its own problems... we'd often get BIG spiders that crept in either from bad weatherstripping or sneaking in from the common hallway. Our patio and mutliple others had cracking and flooding and had to be replaced and sod replaced due to constant saturation (the building has no rain gutters and landscape is not always graded away from foundation) I also personally knew someone who had problems in one building with the rainwater actually flooding into the common hallway and molding on the walls, but that was only one of the buildings, which were the first to be constructed. When we had to have maintenance come fix things, they often left tools in our apartment (got a nice set of allan wrenches which we kept!) and sometimes they wouldn't fix what we asked (they probably had trouble following written instructions that the office staff wrote for them).

That said, the office staff was generally nice, the landscaping is pretty... we had a lilac bush planted right outside our bedroom which smelled heavenly when in bloom. Plus, we had easy access to Giles street, and then the interstate. Traffic was not a problem living there.

I wouldn't say the problems we had living there were so bad we wouldn't have lived there had we known. In my mind, living in an apartment is kind of a compromise anyways. There will always be pros and cons and it would be silly to expect anyplace to be perfect. But here is the truth of the apartment as I know it... good luck in your search!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM

4 posts, read 12,786 times
Thanks guys! I did contact Brentwood and they told me they don't allow pets. I have 2 kitties that I just can't give up so I had to cross that one off the list.

Have you heard anything about Rock Creek Apartments? Or The Pointe Apartments?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 AM

28 posts, read 68,363 times
yuck

Old 03-05-2010, 05:35 PM

28 posts, read 68,363 times
We just moved into Autumn Grove. apartment seems nice enough, very spacious. I think the rent is about 80-100 too muchThe main problem has been the iron gates. When slammed the noise just goes through the apartment and could stop your heart. Jut get an apartment away from iron gate. I think Lund is buying these apaprtments. At least rumor has it

Old 03-05-2010, 05:52 PM

12 posts, read 48,735 times
Just moved into Muirfield. So far, so good.

I got top floor apt, so very limited noise. Pets are accepted (There is a limit but I can't remember since I don't have any).

It's one of the rare complex that offered washer/dryer unit in the apt in the area I wanted to stay (West O).

Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,469,292 times
Rock Creek is kind of jank. The Pointe is a party place.

We looked at Brentwood Square and it seemed decent. We lived in Thomasville and it was a party place. My friend lived in Briarwood and it wasn't too crazy.

Harrison Hills are pretty nice.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:31 AM

380 posts, read 1,000,119 times
Harrison Hills was awesome for me. Beautiful apartment, attached garage to my apartment.....I LOVED living there. We recently moved out of The Pointe. Had a good experience there too. We got an apartment that had been completely renovated. I guess there had been a fire so they had to gut it out. We enjoyed living there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha