Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times

Advertisements

So I'm on my way to the office this morning...

Yes, I realize that there is about 4" of new snow on the ground, and that it's a little slick underneath.

But holy guacamole - I cannot believe the sheer idiocy of a lot of the drivers out there!

Maybe it's just that I spent all those years living, and driving, in Minnesota. But I am dumb-founded by what I saw. There was even a guy in a 4x4 service truck that managed to get stuck in a driveway, with about 3/4th of the truck jutting out into the street. He just left it there and walked away.

Unbelievable! I'm going to go brew another pot of coffee...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
I'm just convinced there is a higher than average number of idiots calling Omaha home. I know it sounds bad, but everyday I see the dumbest person I've ever seen - and it's not that I'm getting smarter either.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I'm just convinced there is a higher than average number of idiots calling Omaha home. I know it sounds bad, but everyday I see the dumbest person I've ever seen - and it's not that I'm getting smarter either.
That could be. Both my sons & their wives live in Minneapolis. Every time they're down here, somewhere along the line there will be the comment, "Wow, I cannot believe how people in Omaha drive!"

Frankly - and I know I'm going to catch heck for this - a lot of the worst drivers are of the female gender. You'll see these sassy young chicks, always yapping on their cell phones, driving like they're on a NASCAR track. And some of the women are just sassy young chicks with more experience and attitude.

I've driven the same VW Golf for many years, but I'm pondering selling it and getting a Suburban.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
That could be. Both my sons & their wives live in Minneapolis. Every time they're down here, somewhere along the line there will be the comment, "Wow, I cannot believe how people in Omaha drive!"

Frankly - and I know I'm going to catch heck for this - a lot of the worst drivers are of the female gender. You'll see these sassy young chicks, always yapping on their cell phones, driving like they're on a NASCAR track. And some of the women are just sassy young chicks with more experience and attitude.

I've driven the same VW Golf for many years, but I'm pondering selling it and getting a Suburban.
I've always said that if I die because some stupid young girl hits me because she was texting or yapping on her cell phone that I would come back, haunt her, and cut her break lines.

I honestly can't find a more needless way to go...

Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I've always said that if I die because some stupid young girl hits me because she was texting or yapping on her cell phone that I would come back, haunt her, and cut her break lines.

I honestly can't find a more needless way to go...
This past summer I was driving along on Sorensen Parkway.

A gal (30, maybe?) passed me in a lifted Dodge Ram truck. She was smoking, talking on the cell phone, and putting on makeup as she drove. As hard as it seems to believe, she was actually doing a pretty good job of driving! Because we were going the same direction, I ended up following her clear down toward Bellevue on the Expressway, and she drove better than a lot of the other drivers!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
This past summer I was driving along on Sorensen Parkway.

A gal (30, maybe?) passed me in a lifted Dodge Ram truck. She was smoking, talking on the cell phone, and putting on makeup as she drove. As hard as it seems to believe, she was actually doing a pretty good job of driving! Because we were going the same direction, I ended up following her clear down toward Bellevue on the Expressway, and she drove better than a lot of the other drivers!
Damn women and their multi-tasking. I can barely drive and dial my phone at the same time...so I usually just avoid using it all together.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Damn women and their multi-tasking. I can barely drive and dial my phone at the same time...so I usually just avoid using it all together.
Not to mention a guy's endless need to "scratch where it itches."

Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Not to mention a guy's endless need to "scratch where it itches."
Ouch, you may want to get that checked. lol

Old 02-06-2010, 11:34 AM

One of the highlights of my drive to the office yesterday was seeing a Police Cruiser sliding sideways down a hill. He did manage do slide backwards into a snow pile on the curb and get stopped.

But it certainly gets your attention!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
I had an accident last month (and got a ticket ) so I am now driving like a grandma. I'm sure I've pissed some people off, but they shouldn't be driving like idiots, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha