U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 11:39 AM

14 posts, read 46,472 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Lincoln NE by about April 1st 2010. We're looking to find an executive or at least an upscale neighborhood to rent in until we're familiar with the area and know where to buy. I've searched Google, Craigslist, Nebraskarenters.com, most all property management websites, rentingtime.com, rentalhouses.com, rentping.com, reachoo.com, and more I can't remember right now all with no luck because all it ever gives me is Omaha rentals. We don't want to live in Omaha, plus his job requires he be on call and be no further than 20 minutes out if he's needed at work(at the AFB).

If anyone can help me out or at least guide me to another place I don't know of or any realtors that know of any rental property. I'm looking for around 2500+ sq ft, preferably 4 bed, 2+ bath, 2 car gar, large fenced yard, upscale country club area or professional neighborhood, finished basement preferred, pool preferred, large deck to cook out and entertain, no more than $2000 or so a month. Would not be against a lease option or rent to own situation.

We have two little ones, 2 1/2 and 4 so we would like to send them to a Montessori school in the area, if anyone can recommend the best full day option.

God Bless you all and thank you in advance for all your help, it is much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 PM

481 posts, read 1,151,266 times
If the AFB you are talking about is Offutt, then Lincoln will not work for the 20 minutes away deal. The base is just south of Omaha so you may want to look at some the burbs such as Bellevue or Papillion.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 PM

2,200 posts, read 3,786,285 times
Ftr Lincoln is a separate city well SW of Omaha. Is your hubby working at Offutt or the Lincoln AB?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:19 PM

109 posts, read 227,524 times
If your husbands job requires him to work at Offutt I would recommend Sarpy County, which is part of the Omaha metro area, but has much more in common with Lincoln then Omaha. It has many nice areas to buy or rent. You can live in suburbia, rural or a little bit of urban areas in parts of Bellevue. I don't know what you dislike about Omaha, but Sarpy County and Lincoln are similar in demographics, lots of white upper middle-class people. You can find LOTS of those kind of neighborhoods in Omaha also, believe me. I hope you find what you want but the Omaha metro and Lincoln metro are not that much different to commit to that long of a commute!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:36 PM

2,200 posts, read 3,786,285 times
Quote:
Sarpy County, which is part of the Omaha metro area, but has much more in common with Lincoln then Omaha.
I would have to greatly disagree with that unless you are talking about the Gretna area. Otherwise, LaVista, Papillion, and Bellevue are way more Omaha-affiliated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or