U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,068,348 times

Advertisements

So... Kofoed is found guilty of evidence tampering.

Whether or not he is actually guilty, he was found guilty. And this raises an interesting legal issue.

I would assume that every case Kofoed has been involved in will be re-opened and re-tried, correct?

How many cases will that be? And how many millions of dollars is this going to cost John Q Taxpayer?

Questions follow ‘dark day' - Omaha.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 10:46 AM

6,486 posts, read 5,662,293 times
They're saying, no...they won't need to. I would hope though, that if there is any possibility whatsoever of compromised evidence that they'd at least take a look at them.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,068,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
They're saying, no...they won't need to. I would hope though, that if there is any possibility whatsoever of compromised evidence that they'd at least take a look at them.
First of all, I'll clarify that I don't know whether Kofoed actually did or didn't tamper with evidence. But he was found guilty.

Anyway...

Does this not cast doubt on every investigation he was involved in? With what measure are they determining which investigations should and should not be revisited?

It's very interesting.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:15 AM

3,284 posts, read 2,845,166 times
I would think it gives many of his convictions the right to have their cases investigated by a "non-felon". I also have no idea because I hardly followed the case.

One good thing this shows is that many prosecuteres would have covered up the case or found him free of all charges to avoid re-opening any cases and the civil suits that may follow.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 AM

6,486 posts, read 5,662,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
First of all, I'll clarify that I don't know whether Kofoed actually did or didn't tamper with evidence. But he was found guilty.

Anyway...

Does this not cast doubt on every investigation he was involved in? With what measure are they determining which investigations should and should not be revisited?

It's very interesting.

I don't disagree with you for a second. If there is a single person in jail because of him tampering that's too many. On some cases, I suppose the evidence could be so cut and dried that there is no doubt, but I'll agree that they need to be reviewed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or