Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelaw08 View Post
No. No subconscious decisions im in denial about. I drive a car that has no stickers. I have never had a piercing and I have no tattoos. I also have short hair and usually dress in a suit for work. Yes, I am as boring and safe as they get. In fact, I kind of look like Ted Bundy, ha, ha, ha!
Okay, you just left yourself wide open there.

I'd prefer Al Bundy, however... "Peg, I'm blind!!!"

Last edited by Omaha Rocks; 04-23-2010 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
A girl I know from high school just recently got herself a pitbull, and I'm literally counting down the days until it mauls one of the 3 people in her apartment. Not only is the dog already a rescue but she will leave it locked in her room for hours, doesn't exercise it like she should and tends to be too harsh when disciplining the dog. It's a ticking time bomb and she's completely oblivious to the problems and won't listen when you try to tell her.
Not even a month later and this pit bull has already attacked another dog in their apartment complex.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:03 AM

696 posts, read 1,725,895 times
Quote:
Not even a month later and this pit bull has already attacked another dog in their apartment complex.
Maybe you could give the address or street to avoid this potentially dangerous dog.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
Maybe you could give the address or street to avoid this potentially dangerous dog.
It's not in Omaha. It's down here in Florida. Either way, I wouldn't post the address for a variety of reasons, however I'm pretty sure that Animal Control knows about the incident.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:01 AM

175 posts, read 441,634 times
I've never had a personal incident with a pitbull before, mainly because I try to avoid them. But I do remember a time I was at the dog park (114th and Maple) in the all dogs area when a pack fight broke out amongst the big dogs and lasted for a very long minute. The people sitting at the table with me were quite annoyed by it and complained the pit bull was the one who started it and apparently the same dog started two others on two different days. Yet the owner sees nothing wrong with bringing the obviously unsocial dog to the park to start a big fight evrey time he's there. One time is questionable but three?

I have had my dog (American Eskimo) attacked twice while walking her in the neighborhood. First dog was a large poodle who realized invisible fences don't really hold her in. The second time was this huge beast of a dog, crossbreed of something that ran at her, broke his chain and put it's entire mouth around my dog's head. Someone driving by was kind enough (or horrified enough) to stop and help me get the stupid dog off her. Luckily she's fine from both incidents. Dog attacks do happen with all breeds but I have no doubt if it had been a Pitbull with it's mouth around my dogs head, she wouldn't be sitting under my desk right now.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:53 PM

9 posts, read 14,185 times
Pit Bull Myths and Facts (http://www.thedogpark.com/articles/dog-breeds/pit-bull-breeds/pit-bull-myths-and-facts.php - broken link) go to this website and read the facts people... my 1 year old child slept on my year old pitbull since she was a newborn... he has never maulled her.. if people would raise their dogs right, train them right, and give them the attention they need, they wouldnt have such horrible instances...

Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaras_mommi View Post
if people would raise their dogs right, train them right, and give them the attention they need, they wouldnt have such horrible instances...
That's like saying a criminal's gun wouldn't kill anyone if he'd only stop being a criminal.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
That's like saying a criminal's gun wouldn't kill anyone if he'd only stop being a criminal.
A PITBULL IS NOT A GUN AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A WEAPON...!!! A PITBULL IS A DOG, A PET... IF YOU LOOK AT IT ALL DOGS ARE DANGEROUS BCUZ ALL DOGS CAN GET PISSED OFF AND BITE... ID TRUST MY ONE YEAR OLD AROUND A PITBULL BEFORE ANY SMALL "ANKLE BITING" DOG ANYDAY... THE REASON PITBULLS LOOK SO BAD ARE FROM PEOPLE LIKE MICHAEL VICK AND OTHERS... A PITBULL ISNT JUST AUTOMATICALLY ANGRY, AGRESSIVE AND READY TO BITE... THEY HAVE REASONS... JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DOG (FOR THE MOST PART)... ALL DOGS INCLUDING PITBULLS CAN FEEL YOUR ENERGY.. SO IF U ARE IN A HOUSE WHERE PEOPLE YELL ALL THE TIME OR A PERSON IS EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE THAT DOG WILL BE UNSTABLE... aLSO IF THE DOG ISNT TRAINED RIGHT, TREATED RIGHT, ETC ETC IT WILL BE UNSTABLE... THIS IS FOR ANY DOG NOT JUST PITBULLS...

Old 05-15-2010, 11:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i have seen kids stick their hands over the fence and taunt the pit bull i kid you not. life on the hood.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Exactly my mother in law lived in the city and kids and adults used to throw glasses at her pit or actually nething they could at her dog when they walked by her house...and a friend of mines pitbull got shot with a bb gun and the bb still in his body... Hes not angry or agressive or neting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: