Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:57 AM

14,561 posts, read 22,992,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
One too many Zio's in town
I disagree. Only three of them around and they'd fit into Benson excellently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 07:42 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,600,074 times
Quote:
Back to topic:

I think Benson would be a really great place. They do seem to have a lot of open space available. I do have a really nice link to website with a list of some gay-owned franchises that would be some great choices for that area, too!

The question has been asked....aren't gay people just like everyone else? What makes a "gay district" different from any other area?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:43 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,463,607 times
Quote:
Why? The St Patrick's Day parade wasn't straight enough for you? Speaking of parades. Maybe someday the Gay pride parade will go right down Maple street through Benson!
I don't know. Parades are for 4th of July or something where people drive their cool cars and throw candy to the kids. I'm not sure what really happens at gay pride parades, I'll never go to one. I only see what's on the news, and unfortunately for you, the only people that make the news are the ones that are half naked and making out with each other. Which does nothing for the credibility for gay people and is the same reason people are nervous about gays claiming parts of the city.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:30 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,598,595 times
I just drove by the Metro Community Church on 22nd & Leavenworth this morning. I'd heard of it, but hadn't previously seen it.

A friend of mine, who is gay, went there a couple times and will never go back. He was offended by the fact that (in his opinion) it wasn't so much a church as it was a gay hook-up center. Go figure.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
How ironic that you included the crying emoticon.

Maybe we should rename it "crybaby" just for you.
that is a good idea.

surfomaha seems to be one of these wont rest til everything is gay in omaha types.

btw: zio's makes good pizza. you dont have any taste surfomaha.

insulting zio's is like insulting Zesto's. i.e. picking a fight with a omaha treasure.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:32 AM

175 posts, read 440,331 times
I disagree about the Dundee comment.

I think they (Gay community) really need to focus on developing one area before they try to take over another. Sure there's an area on Leavenworth street but it's not that developed yet imho. Benson is nice but it's hard for me to picture it as a gay district or whatever you want to call it.

I know this is a specific topic started by SurfOmaha and that's fine, but I have seen him go into random threads that has nothing to do with gay rights and throw his bombs in the thread. Whenever I see that I inwardly groan a bit.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM

^^ I'm curious what, exactly, constitutes a "Gay District."

Is it an area where gays are welcome? An area where all shops & businesses are owned by gays? A district where only gays are welcome?

I'm also a little puzzled, because I thought gays just wanted to be people, rather than be singled out and have their "different-ness" emphasized. So wouldn't a Gay District be doing the exact polar opposite of what gays claim that they want?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM

BTW, what happened with Zio's? I liked that place, don't tell me they closed!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheO! View Post
BTW, what happened with Zio's? I liked that place, don't tell me they closed!
SurfO claimed he personally closed the place down, due to his protest.

Truth is, they just moved their downtown location to another building.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 AM

The one on 16th? If they did I don't see how that's any better since it's so small. Then again it's been a few months since I've gone to that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha