Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Their "marriage" is no more valid than 1 man and 6 women.
Why should same sex marriages not be recognized?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:20 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Why should same sex marriages not be recognized?

Because they are not "marriages"? I've told you that a few times. People of the same gender can't get married and it's not a real marriage. If you want to go to Iowa, fine--they'll call it a marriage there. We don't call it marriage here.

Now....I'll be waiting for your whining response about how that's bigoted or whatever. My guess is you'll keep asking the question until I stop responding, then claim "victory", as if that's why we even post here.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,469,460 times
Calvin does have a point. Many states use the jurisprudence that we inherited from English law to define a "recognized" marriage. According to that common law, only a man and woman together are capable of a real marriage. Due to the complimentary nature of their being.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Because they are not "marriages"? I've told you that a few times. People of the same gender can't get married and it's not a real marriage. If you want to go to Iowa, fine--they'll call it a marriage there. We don't call it marriage here.
Wait a minute, I thought you said they could get married? Backtracking again are we?

Quote:
Now....I'll be waiting for your whining response about how that's bigoted or whatever.
I don't know that it's bigoted because you've refused to answer my question, although that in itself is pretty telling.

Quote:
My guess is you'll keep asking the question until I stop responding, then claim "victory", as if that's why we even post here.
I don't need to wait to claim victory. Everyone watching this thread has seen you attempt to tap dance and outright refuse to answer a very simple question and that sure isn't making you look good in any way. Generally speaking, people don't like those who lack the testicular fortitude to clearly state their opinions on matters like this.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Wait a minute, I thought you said they could get married? Backtracking again are we?
They can. A man can marry a woman, and a woman can marry a man. Same rights I have.
Quote:

I don't know that it's bigoted because you've refused to answer my question, although that in itself is pretty telling.
I have answered your question repeatedly.
Quote:
I don't need to wait to claim victory. Everyone watching this thread has seen you attempt to tap dance and outright refuse to answer a very simple question and that sure isn't making you look good in any way. Generally speaking, people don't like those who lack the testicular fortitude to clearly state their opinions on matters like this.
Honestly, I see you harping away at it, despite that I've repeatedly given my answer. I'm sorry if you're not able to comprehend it, or don't care for what i have to say.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I see you harping away at it, despite that I've repeatedly given my answer. I'm sorry if you're not able to comprehend it, or don't care for what i have to say.
So you've provided an answer to why you believe gay marriages should not be recognized? Provide a post number or quote, because this is sure news to me.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
So you've provided an answer to why you believe gay marriages should not be recognized? Provide a post number or quote, because this is sure news to me.

Because they are not "marriages"?

Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Find someone to read it to you if you need help.

Quote:
Because they are not "marriages"?

Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Find someone to read it to you if you need help.
They're "not marriages" because they're not recognized. We already know that, so now tell us why they shouldn't be recognized.

It's a very simple question Calvin.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
They're "not marriages" because they're not recognized. We already know that, so now tell us why they shouldn't be recognized.

It's a very simple question Calvin.

Because they don't meet the requirements? They aren't real marriages?

It's a very simple answer, bosco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha