Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,512,063 times

Advertisements

to Michaela Saunders and Joe Dejka of the omaha world herald and other Omaha North high haters who are jealous

feel free to ask the other 6 ops schools reps why they dont do as good as Omaha North and Westside do

and also ask Millard South and Millard West reps also that same question

================================================== =====

10 recognized for perfect scores
By Michaela Saunders
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER
The governor and others are today recognizing 10 Nebraska students who scored perfectly on the ACT and SAT college entrance tests.

Omaha area students were recognized at Westside High School this morning. Lincoln area students will be recognized this afternoon at Lincoln East High School.

“Congratulations on your commitment to learning and all the hard work that has put you at the top of your class,” Gov. Dave Heineman told the students this morning. “This is an incredible individual accomplishment. . . . We're very, very proud of you.”

The achievement is rare nearly 1.5 million seniors took the ACT during their high school career. And, according to the organization, less than one 10th of 1 percent of them scored a perfect 36.

Nebraska's statewide average score was 22.1.

While fewer Nebraska students overall take the SAT exam, two were among the 297 students who earned a 2400 nationwide.

The students are:

PERFECT ACT
Jahan Claes, Lincoln East High School
Zachary Christensen, Elkhorn High School
Matthew Deveney of Omaha North High Magnet School
Thomas Gilgenast, Creighton Prep
Anna Heffron, Skutt Catholic High School
Griffin Hovorka, Elmwood-Murdock High School
Grace Lyden of Westside High School
Zion Schell, Lincoln High School

PERFECT SAT
Elisabeth Thoreson-Green of Westside High School

PERFECT SAT AND ACT
Nick Ryan, Lincoln East High School

Sophomores and juniors who have earned a perfect score will be recognized in a similar ceremony during their senior year.

http://omaha.com/article/20100510/NEWS01/100519977

Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM

475 posts, read 2,227,295 times
Note the composite ACT scores by school when those come out... not only will you find Millard North/West at the top in Omaha... you'll find the participation rate among the highest (Westside THE highest, because I believe they actually require that the test be taken).

I think my son might actually be one of the last ones from Millard to ace the ACT.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,591,056 times
I'd be curious to see the average scores for the tests for every high school. The fact that there might be one brainiac at a school doesn't mean every kid is doing well.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:01 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,563,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer View Post
Note the composite ACT scores by school when those come out... not only will you find Millard North/West at the top in Omaha... you'll find the participation rate among the highest (Westside THE highest, because I believe they actually require that the test be taken).

I think my son might actually be one of the last ones from Millard to ace the ACT.
Of COURSE you'll find that to be true! Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with poverty versus prosperity?

Do you suppose it's possible that little miss Madison, whose daddy is a doctor and has had everything handed to her on a silver platter, might do better in school than Anthony, who lives with his single mother next to a Section 8 apartment complex?

Then of course, little Miss Madison's rich daddy will buy her a new Jeep Liberty and just write out a check for whatever college she wants to attend. Whatever she wants or needs, she has daddy's credit card.

Then when perfect little Miss Madison graduates from college, daddy will just buy her some business to run, kind of like busy-work - you know, something to do.

By the time Miss Perfect's daddy has paid for her $75,000 wedding at the Country Club, and she & her husband have a couple school-aged children, she'll INSIST on taking her kids in her Lexus SUV to a MILLARD school, because MILLARD schools are just inherently superior to all other schools.

Perfect Madison will be REALLY arrogant too. After she drops her oldest son (Jayden) off at school, and her daughter (Chloe) off at Montessori, she'll go to Starbucks Coffee, sip her custom made frappo-snotty-ccino and chat with her rich white friends Morgan & Ashley. They'll chortle on about how HARD they've had to work to get where they are, and how they thank GOD (every Sunday at their mega-church) for the Millard Schools, and that they don't have to live in North O with all those Negros!

Praise God & pass the over-priced coffee!

Last edited by Omaha Rocks; 05-14-2010 at 09:11 AM..

Old 05-15-2010, 12:05 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,997,462 times
Come on.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:40 AM

50 posts, read 134,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Of COURSE you'll find that to be true! Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with poverty versus prosperity?

Do you suppose it's possible that little miss Madison, whose daddy is a doctor and has had everything handed to her on a silver platter, might do better in school than Anthony, who lives with his single mother next to a Section 8 apartment complex?

Then of course, little Miss Madison's rich daddy will buy her a new Jeep Liberty and just write out a check for whatever college she wants to attend. Whatever she wants or needs, she has daddy's credit card.

Then when perfect little Miss Madison graduates from college, daddy will just buy her some business to run, kind of like busy-work - you know, something to do.

By the time Miss Perfect's daddy has paid for her $75,000 wedding at the Country Club, and she & her husband have a couple school-aged children, she'll INSIST on taking her kids in her Lexus SUV to a MILLARD school, because MILLARD schools are just inherently superior to all other schools.

Perfect Madison will be REALLY arrogant too. After she drops her oldest son (Jayden) off at school, and her daughter (Chloe) off at Montessori, she'll go to Starbucks Coffee, sip her custom made frappo-snotty-ccino and chat with her rich white friends Morgan & Ashley. They'll chortle on about how HARD they've had to work to get where they are, and how they thank GOD (every Sunday at their mega-church) for the Millard Schools, and that they don't have to live in North O with all those Negros!

Praise God & pass the over-priced coffee!
I think you could write a novel about Madison. And that story made me laugh because it's so true!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:33 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,591,056 times
Not every kid that goes to Millard has parents that are making millions.

But for the sake of statistics, I'd be curious to see what the percentages of single parent versus 2 parent households there are between the districts. I think parental involvement might play the biggest role in how a kid does. Yes, single-parents can be plenty involved, but it's easier for a parent to be involved when one parent can stay home and not have to work outside the home, or just has help from a 2nd parent.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,563,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Not every kid that goes to Millard has parents that are making millions.

But for the sake of statistics, I'd be curious to see what the percentages of single parent versus 2 parent households there are between the districts. I think parental involvement might play the biggest role in how a kid does. Yes, single-parents can be plenty involved, but it's easier for a parent to be involved when one parent can stay home and not have to work outside the home, or just has help from a 2nd parent.
Of this there is no question.

We absolutely cannot underestimate the roles poverty & parental involvement play in the success of kids in school. It has been proven beyond doubt.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:24 PM

one character you could to perfect madison book Omaha Rocks.

madison has a somewhat sleazy reporter friend at the local newspaper who bashes millard schools and sucks up to omaha public schools

while not publically admitting they graduated from Millard South or Millard West.

(I know 2 OWH reporters who suck up to OPS and yet wont admit they graduated from MWHS or MSHS. I btw am a Omaha North high grad

Old 05-15-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralOregonDude02 View Post
I think you could write a novel about Madison. And that story made me laugh because it's so true!
I agree.

they btw have starbucks coffee shops at some omaha mega-churches some of which the pastor worships the willow creek association more than JESUS

been to a few wca churches in west omaha and it is all white folks (lot of west omaha churches I guess arent as diverse as they claim to be)

I am a white guy btw and I one time almost felt like quoting Peter Griffin and saying out loud as a joke

"awful lot of honkeys here today"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha