Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 05:48 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralOregonDude02 View Post
I think you could write a novel about Madison. And that story made me laugh because it's so true!
Well... In all fairness, Madison and her family recently suffered a devastating tragedy. Speckles, their pet Shih Tzu, threw up on the Persian Rug in the vestibule of their lake house. OMG, it was awful!!!!

Husband Jordin sped Speckles off on a white-knuckle trip to the Vet Clinic, risking total contamination of his new Sequoia. Thanks GAWD Speckles is cancer free, and seemingly only bothered by having eaten his Orijen 6 Fish a bit too hastily that morning!

Unfortunately, while Jordin was away with Speckles, poor Madison had to wait for the @#$%$!! Stanley Steamer man - who was running late - to come professionally clean the Persian Rug that had recently been contaminated by the earlier-mentioned vomit. By the time that blue-collar lout arrived and received his instructions, Jayden was already 15-minutes late for LaCrosse practice!

Ruined. RUINED! Their entire weekend at the lake house was RUINED!

Madison now has to do some research to find out if there have been any recent recalls of Orijen 6 Fish dog food - because, by GAWD, if there have been, there will be hell to pay!

Poor Speckles. Poor Madison.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,688,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Of COURSE you'll find that to be true! Do you think it MIGHT have something to do with poverty versus prosperity?

Do you suppose it's possible that little miss Madison, whose daddy is a doctor and has had everything handed to her on a silver platter, might do better in school than Anthony, who lives with his single mother next to a Section 8 apartment complex?

Then of course, little Miss Madison's rich daddy will buy her a new Jeep Liberty and just write out a check for whatever college she wants to attend. Whatever she wants or needs, she has daddy's credit card.

Then when perfect little Miss Madison graduates from college, daddy will just buy her some business to run, kind of like busy-work - you know, something to do.

By the time Miss Perfect's daddy has paid for her $75,000 wedding at the Country Club, and she & her husband have a couple school-aged children, she'll INSIST on taking her kids in her Lexus SUV to a MILLARD school, because MILLARD schools are just inherently superior to all other schools.

Perfect Madison will be REALLY arrogant too. After she drops her oldest son (Jayden) off at school, and her daughter (Chloe) off at Montessori, she'll go to Starbucks Coffee, sip her custom made frappo-snotty-ccino and chat with her rich white friends Morgan & Ashley. They'll chortle on about how HARD they've had to work to get where they are, and how they thank GOD (every Sunday at their mega-church) for the Millard Schools, and that they don't have to live in North O with all those Negros!

Praise God & pass the over-priced coffee!
Way to freaking stereotype? I mean really? I hate people like you who love to paint everyone with one freaking brush! Freaking grow up and realize people out here are people too, not plastic dolls.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Way to freaking stereotype? I mean really? I hate people like you who love to paint everyone with one freaking brush! Freaking grow up and realize people out here are people too, not plastic dolls.
Freaking deal with it, Madison. Don't be so freaking frightened by people who aren't the same freaking color as you, who don't freaking fake & bake at Ashley Lynns, and don't freaking nosh biscottis while sipping a freaking over-priced Latte Macchiato.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:56 PM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,626 times
personally, I went to Central. A nice diverse school, with average academics, home to a whole host of high achievers.

In a perfect world, students would be able to go to any school THEY chose, and wouldn't have to worry about the size of the parental pocketbook.

given that, OmahaRocks is out of line to stereotype West O, just like it would be wrong to say that all North O kids don't care about their future and just want to be the next rap star. Just because things appear one way to some, doesn't make it appropriate to lump everyone together. We are all individuals. Personally, I will never send my kids to Millard or any other school out west, because the lack of diversity and life-lessons is too stark for my tastes. Its a personal preference.

I wouldn't go to any other school in the city if I had the option. Central was the best option for me personally.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Freaking deal with it, Madison. Don't be so freaking frightened by people who aren't the same freaking color as you, who don't freaking fake & bake at Ashley Lynns, and don't freaking nosh biscottis while sipping a freaking over-priced Latte Macchiato.
Then its obviously a problem that I have good friends who are Black and Asian and Indian. I'm sick and tired of people like you saying suburbanites must be racist or that we are sheltered or that we're all just swimming in money. I'm not rich, and most of my friends are not rich, and those who are are not spoiled at all, they're actually quite nice and usually don't have iphones or blackberries or any of that crap. I know one person with an Iphone, and even then he has to pay for it with money he earns with work, not just given to him. And I have no clue what a biscotti is, nor is my name madison, nor do i have a car and nor have a ever had a latte macchiato nor have I ever touched a tanning salon nor do I ever intend to. Most people don't except for some girls who just get a small spray tan for prom. So stop being arrogant and grow up. Stereotypes are unhealthy.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
personally, I went to Central. A nice diverse school, with average academics, home to a whole host of high achievers.

In a perfect world, students would be able to go to any school THEY chose, and wouldn't have to worry about the size of the parental pocketbook.

given that, OmahaRocks is out of line to stereotype West O, just like it would be wrong to say that all North O kids don't care about their future and just want to be the next rap star. Just because things appear one way to some, doesn't make it appropriate to lump everyone together. We are all individuals. Personally, I will never send my kids to Millard or any other school out west, because the lack of diversity and life-lessons is too stark for my tastes. Its a personal preference.

I wouldn't go to any other school in the city if I had the option. Central was the best option for me personally.

as I graduate and alumni rep of Omaha North, I agree Omaha Central is great school.

Central gave us the creator of No Frills and Ahman Green and Gale Sayers

and the inventor of the tv dinner and Henry Fonda among others

I btw hope Omaha Central does better at football this fall. their football team has been terrible the last few years.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Then its obviously a problem that I have good friends who are Black and Asian and Indian. I'm sick and tired of people like you saying suburbanites must be racist or that we are sheltered or that we're all just swimming in money. I'm not rich, and most of my friends are not rich, and those who are are not spoiled at all, they're actually quite nice and usually don't have iphones or blackberries or any of that crap. I know one person with an Iphone, and even then he has to pay for it with money he earns with work, not just given to him. And I have no clue what a biscotti is, nor is my name madison, nor do i have a car and nor have a ever had a latte macchiato nor have I ever touched a tanning salon nor do I ever intend to. Most people don't except for some girls who just get a small spray tan for prom. So stop being arrogant and grow up. Stereotypes are unhealthy.
Apparently you're an angry little person who doesn't live far enough west. And obviously I've struck a nerve. Ooooo...

Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Apparently you're an angry little person who doesn't live far enough west. And obviously I've struck a nerve. Ooooo...
168th center. And yes you have.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
168th center. And yes you have.
So move a little further west, where the ELITE Millard school is at. Geez...

Old 05-17-2010, 03:50 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,544,498 times
Quote:
So move a little further west, where the ELITE Millard school is at. Geez...

I know some Millard West grads and they act do elitist.

but then you got grads of all schools who act elitist at times, but not as much as Millard West folks do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha