Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,607,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
But why does taxpayer money have to be wasted on them? Why do innocent people have to get caught in the cross-fire between these stinking morons? We're paying them to destroy whole neighborhoods. Enough already!

Let them kill themselves off, and leave the rest of us alone.
Ok, so to save taxpayer money lets not call the police to respond to neighborhood shootouts and wait until they are all done shooting each other. Let's also leave their dead bodies on the sidewalk to naturally rot and bullet riddled cars in the street to block traffic so we don't spend any taxpayer money disposing of dead gang members or criminals.

Lets close the prisons and jails and let the criminals roam the streets so us burdened taxpayers aren't paying to house, feed, and treat gangmembers. If you are in favor of cutting the least significant cost of the gang problem (medical treatment) than take a bigger step and cut the biggest costs us taxpayers pay to deal with crime: law enforcement officers salaries and penitentiaries for decades long sentances. We're trying to save money right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 12:25 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,591,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
That's still wrong. It's not a hospitals place to interject or determine people's care based on any kind of status or situation. That is called discrimination. Plain and simple, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Especially now if healthcare is to be funded by the government, the government HAS to always err on the side of non-discrimination. Trying to enforce your personal morality in an amoral medical federal institution is not going to put anyone any closer to solving the real problems that arise from crime and gangs. It's a knee jerk reaction based on personal prejudice and emotion.
Personal prejudice? Yep. I really don't like morons, who have absolutely no regard for the law or for human life, destroying one neighborhood after another - and all the while, the taxpayers are stuck paying for this crap.

Maybe if you were a taxpayer you'd look at it differently.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Ok, so to save taxpayer money lets not call the police to respond to neighborhood shootouts and wait until they are all done shooting each other.
I agree. Besides - and this is coming from a friend of mine who is a cop - these gang-bangers have kids with cell phones on every corner. When a cruiser arrives, the little kids call the gang-bangers & warn them. In other words, a police presence does no good anyway.

Let's also leave their dead bodies on the sidewalk to naturally rot and bullet riddled cars in the street to block traffic so we don't spend any taxpayer money disposing of dead gang members or criminals.
I agree. If they want to live in a crap-hole, let them live in a crap-hole!

Lets close the prisons and jails and let the criminals roam the streets so us burdened taxpayers aren't paying to house, feed, and treat gangmembers.
Let me stock up on guns and ammunition first. Then let me call a bunch of buddies, who are avid hunters, and let us all pick where we want to perch.

If you are in favor of cutting the least significant cost of the gang problem (medical treatment) than take a bigger step and cut the biggest costs us taxpayers pay to deal with crime: law enforcement officers salaries and penitentiaries for decades long sentances. We're trying to save money right?
We've already eliminated the need for police to be in gang neighborhoods, and turned the shooting over to law-abiding citizens. This, to me, represents a HUGE drop in the cost of law enforcement.
Thank you for your good ideas!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:34 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,462,884 times
Quote:
Let me stock up on guns and ammunition first. Then let me call a bunch of buddies, who are avid hunters, and let us all pick where we want to perch.
Wait. . Before we do this. . can we all get some kind of matching t-shirts or something? In the heat of the moment it's hard to hear someone yelling, "SAME TEAM, SAME TEAM".

Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your good ideas!
Maybe one of these days you'll present an adult argument based on reality and not the ramblings of a trigger happy anarchist with arrested development.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe one of these days you'll present an adult argument based on reality and not the ramblings of a trigger happy anarchist with arrested development.
And one of these days you'll come up with an argument that is not competely pointless and out of touch with reality!

By the way, what DID you pay in Property Taxes last year?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:02 PM

Out of touch with reality is advocating rotting bodies in the street and closing the prisons so you can get together with friends to hunt people in the streets. How is that any different than the situation you're upset with now? People thinking they're above the law and can roll around dolling out their own sets of justice? The same behavior you're lambasting is the same behaviour you're saying is ok for you and your hunting buddies to enage in. Roaming the streets shooting to kill. Gangmembers aren't commonly found in rural creeks like a deer or pheasant so I'm to assume you're ok with driving down N. 30th St. opening fire on people. I'm not interested in getting into far left or far right hyperbole, but any rational person would see that the solutions you previously advocated are out of touch with reality.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
Wait. . Before we do this. . can we all get some kind of matching t-shirts or something? In the heat of the moment it's hard to hear someone yelling, "SAME TEAM, SAME TEAM".
Camo shorts & beaters. That way we can fit the image. Nothing else needed.

Well... Maybe some night vision goggles would be nice.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Out of touch with reality is advocating rotting bodies in the street and closing the prisons so you can get together with friends to hunt people in the streets. How is that any different than the situation you're upset with now? People thinking they're above the law and can roll around dolling out their own sets of justice? The same behavior you're lambasting is the same behaviour you're saying is ok for you and your hunting buddies to enage in. Roaming the streets shooting to kill. Gangmembers aren't commonly found in rural creeks like a deer or pheasant so I'm to assume you're ok with driving down N. 30th St. opening fire on people. I'm not interested in getting into far left or far right hyperbole, but any rational person would see that the solutions you previously advocated are out of touch with reality.
We're not going to be driving down North 30th Street. IF you were in touch with reality, you would know that that is NOT where the problems are.

And I'm not going to tell you where I'm going to set up camp, other than that it'll be high up in a tree or on a rooftop somewhere. Neither you, nor any of the gang-bangers will ever see me. And since I'll have a silencer on my sniper rifle they'll never hear me.

By the way, how much DID you pay in Property Tax last year? I paid nearly $5,000 for this crap. What did you pay?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM

So now your firearm-mania has you up in trees with silenced sniper rifles taking people out? It is not I, who is out of touch with reality.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha