U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,139,803 times

Advertisements

I had heard from some friends of mine, quite awhile back, that this guy we went to school with was doing serious time for shooting at a police officer or something. You never know with stories like that if they are exaggerated or not.

I finally found a related news story. This is the only information I have been able to find on it. If anyone else wants to test their websearch skills to find other stories, that would be cool.

Omaha Man Sentenced For Shooting At Deputy - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha (http://www.ketv.com/news/1716201/detail.html - broken link)

The reason for posting this is because at the end of the story the family describes the sentence as too harsh and describe the shooter as a soft-spoken, good kid who has been through some tough times.

I think he moved here from California for 5th grade. He lived with his father and sister. I have no idea what happened to his mom. His dad was into drugs either dealing or using or both. Not to mention an alcoholic. From the beginning this kid was a bully, picked on everyone, tried to start fights. High school came around his younger sister got pregnant. He was still a punk trying to prove how tough he was by intimidating people and harrasing them. I think he was in and out of school and juvenile detention. He was finally removed from school after beating a kid up pretty badly for being gay. I think it wasn't long after, he dropped out. Apparantly it didn't take him long after that to grab a gun and do something to get himself locked up.

My point is. This kid was not soft spoken and he was a wannabe punk and jail is a good place for him. My fear is that he will only get out one day thinking he's even more hardcore and hurt someone else. We always talk about how parents of criminals talk about how good of a kid they are, this is proof that parents sometimes have no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or