Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:37 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlm56 View Post
Isn’t this thread racist by definition? Imagine this thread heading (and the response):

“BEST cities in OC for white people, white people are beautiful!”
Imagine no more...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
It will remain but a pipe-dream I'm afraid...
Yes, it will, so long as people continue to feel superior to other races. And until white people can own up to their racism and quit acting as if it doesn't exist like they do on this thread.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:27 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,611 times
Obvious troll is obvious.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,884 times
Can't we all just get along?

Racism is so 20th century.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:51 AM

3 posts, read 5,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And isn't it too bad that we can't all simply be Americans -- assimilated, un-hyphenated and regardless of skin hue, eye shape or other differences? Then questions and statements like the OPs wouldn't even be a consideration.
....seriously.
hey yaLL... where are the White People????? damn, everyone is beautiful but I want to know where the White People at!!!!! i'd like to contradict all the negativity we hear all the time about White People. Know wut I'm sayin?
Creamy White Vanilla is Deeeeelicious and Beautiful. word.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:56 AM

3 posts, read 5,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567name View Post
Yes, it will, so long as people continue to feel superior to other races. And until white people can own up to their racism and quit acting as if it doesn't exist like they do on this thread.
ahhh, an old sayin comes to mind: "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" ...ever hear it?

and as long blacks continue to pretend as if they are somehow incapable of being racists, we'll just go round and round and round and round....

Old 07-18-2010, 06:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567name View Post
And maybe when "angry" blacks stop self-segregating and challenging, young blacks stop accusing and abusing school achievers as "being too white" and your youth stop dressing funny with their butts hanging out and listening and being influenced by gangsta rap, others of several races won't look askance and assimilation can truly occur.

Yeah! I know! Totally politically incorrect, 'cause it's totally true and needs to be said!

There's no such thing as "reverse racism." Racism is racism and is completely unattractive no matter where on the color scale it comes from.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 07-18-2010 at 06:37 PM..

Old 07-18-2010, 07:38 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And maybe when "angry" blacks stop self-segregating and challenging, young blacks stop accusing and abusing school achievers as "being too white" and your youth stop dressing funny with their butts hanging out and listening and being influenced by gangsta rap, others of several races won't look askance and assimilation can truly occur.

Yeah! I know! Totally politically incorrect, 'cause it's totally true and needs to be said!

There's no such thing as "reverse racism." Racism is racism and is completely unattractive no matter where on the color scale it comes from.
Wow. I didn't expect this from you.

There are plenty of good people of all races, classes, and musical tastes. Groups that are outwardly generalized in such a way can't be expected to unite and fix their problems. People are individuals, not monoliths.

I hope that there are still enough people out there that set good examples (and wield enough positive influence) for everybody, regardless of predisposed generalizations.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:17 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Wow. I didn't expect this from you.

There are plenty of good people of all races, classes, and musical tastes. Groups that are outwardly generalized in such a way can't be expected to unite and fix their problems. People are individuals, not monoliths.

I hope that there are still enough people out there that set good examples (and wield enough positive influence) for everybody, regardless of predisposed generalizations.
Of course there are. However, my "generalizations" come from direct experience at several levels of employment from entry to senior management and from living for over 60 years; many of them spent in multi-racialo areas. I know that what I wrote was unfortunate but it happens, and people need to stop making excuses for it or expecting special consideration because of it. Anger, attitude and resentment don't fix it!

Old 12-29-2010, 04:01 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,021 times
I also don't think the beautiful part is necessary but back to topic look at Cypress too right next to La Palma and close to East Long Beach as well. It is an under-rated area but highly rated schools. It's a 3% ratio there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County