Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 AM

63 posts, read 216,944 times

Advertisements

Which street in NB has the latest Modern Architectural Artiistic Homes?

I saw on google maps all the houses there are really old and ugly but yet they demand over 14 Million Dollar price Tag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,786,099 times
New homes are mostly cookie cutter designs out of catalogues. Modern Architecture has become somewhat of an oxymoron. If by Modern Acrhitecture, you mean that you want McMansions, try newport crest.

IN the beach and view areas, arcitecture suffers even in many of the custom homes because real estate, especially with a view or at the beach is at a premium. Everyone feels that they must have more square footage than the next guy. Thus, most of the lots are overbuilt and the homes look terrible. Everything was built out years ago, so you are looking at buying a house to tear down and replace with a bigger house. Unless you buy two lots or more, you will not get a good balance for architecture, the lot will be overbuilt. Because they are so close together, appearance becomes less important (you cannot really see them anyway). Privacy limits the number of windows. Custom quality architecture is very expensive hard to find and costly to build. Most people would prefer more square footage for their money. Thus, even in the multi million dollar homes, quality architecture is rare. You can find it in places, but it is rare.

Laguna Beach has some nice architecture, but it is mostly older homes. However there are some nicely designed custom homes here and there. There are some decent places in Newport beach down ont he point of the peninsula and on that private island (I cannot recall the name). However you are looking at houses in the ten million range.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:17 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,444,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
that private island (I cannot recall the name). However you are looking at houses in the ten million range.
Linda Isle? I've been there few times. Every house is custom so there's a wide variety of styles.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,469,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Linda Isle? I've been there few times. Every house is custom so there's a wide variety of styles.
Yeah! Linda Isle which was originally a lump of sand known as Shark Island because of the hammerheads (that's special!) and which we natives with boats used to sail to and picnic on.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM

63 posts, read 216,944 times
Holly Jesus I just googled Linda Isle WOW all the house are so close together wt !!!

I see a lot of houses have huge boats on Bayshore drive according to google map would that be where all the rich American live?

Old 02-19-2011, 04:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,664 times
If you happen to have a picture of any of those modern houses in Newport Beach would you mind sharing them with me? I'm doing a new site about Newport Beach Houses http://www.newport-beach-houses.net and I really need those actual pictures. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:06 AM

5 posts, read 9,245 times
To have the "latest" would assume new homes being constructed. Newport is pretty built out so anything really "latest" would be a teardown which are here and there but not a whole street. To see more of the "latest" you'd probably need to go South and inland a bit to communities created more recently around Laguna Niguel for example. I guess it depends what you consider "latest". There's been plenty of newer neighborhoods built since the beginning of the 90s just about everywhere.

The house I grew up in in Dana Point was built in the late 60s and still looks great today. However, I have a preference for mid-20th century contemporaries somewhat modeled on Frank Lloyd Wright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County