Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:07 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,208,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Well, I have some great news for you!

If you go to the WalMart or Payless on Talbert Ave, or the Target on Adams Ave, you can pick up a pair for less than $12.00.
Just don't get it wet, else they'll fall apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 11:22 PM

453 posts, read 1,622,119 times
I was joking about the flip flops, I would never pay that much for any shoe. When I picked them up and saw the price tag, down they went. I just don't understand why everyone is thinking I would have bought them. They were cute though...........

Old 10-09-2010, 11:28 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,446,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
I was joking about the flip flops, I would never pay that much for any shoe. When I picked them up and saw the price tag, down they went. I just don't understand why everyone is thinking I would have bought them. They were cute though...........
Same reason people pay $2 (and circle for a parking space and park their car and walk inside and wait in line) for a $0.50 cup of coffee.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:55 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,115,667 times
Quote:
I just didn't want you to leave, and then find out later that you had alternatives.

Actually, I knew you were kidding, just using it as a comment.

However, a lot of folks who don't post at all read this forum for insights about various areas they may be contemplating, and I wanted to just get out the comment that "normal" prices for items are available here too.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,046,339 times
yup!

here's some for under $5
Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Old Navy

Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,197,651 times
Quote:
but when I pick up a pair of flip flops that cost $94, I say, it's time to go home.
Isnt flip flop just a fancy name for a pair of beefed up shower shoes? Could grab a pair of the latter at any 99 Cents Only store.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:10 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,237,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Oh come on. Unless they're deep in debt, I'm sure they could afford a home somewhere inland like Brea or Placentia. What they're probably upset about is they can't afford one in Laguna or Newport.
Sure you can afford a home in OC if you don't mind living in a gang land, or a drug turf. Otherwise, it's going to cost you money. Check out the cost of homes in Irvine (not Laguna Beach or Newport Beach). They require pretty high incomes and cash outlays.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:12 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,237,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Yep, the people who say its not that expensive either make tons of money, brought equity with them, don't mind living paycheck to paycheck, or are too young to care about having a house and family.
Well I bought in the late 90s before "creative financing" became really popular and I think homes were priced somewhat well back then.

Now days, I'm honestly surprised when I see homes closing at $325/square foot, and buyers think that's a "good deal".

Old 10-10-2010, 01:13 PM

66 posts, read 161,822 times
Quote:
But I am going to move back to AZ in a couple of months. People told me how expensive it was here, but until you live here, you just can't imagine. I live close to the Ocean so there is not a lot of sun and boy I sure miss the sun.
i hear you on the cost, i didn't know how expensive CA was until I visited TX, boy oh boy, for what i pay in rent in CA I could live in a brand new, state of the art living complex with its own private movie theater, gourmet restaurants inside the complex. And be about a stone's throw away from Downtown Austin.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:21 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,320,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Same reason people pay $2 (and circle for a parking space and park their car and walk inside and wait in line) for a $0.50 cup of coffee.
Ya mean in CA they now charge ya ta tour a parkin' lot? Next up they'll be chargin' for an' taxin' the polluted air ya breathe -- the more the pollution the higher the tax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifornicateTexas View Post
i hear you on the cost, i didn't know how expensive CA was until I visited TX, boy oh boy, for what i pay in rent in CA I could live in a brand new, state of the art living complex with its own private movie theater, gourmet restaurants inside the complex. And be about a stone's throw away from Downtown Austin.
But would you be earning enough there to live like that back there? Wages usually seem to ebb and flow with housing prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County