Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 06:14 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times

Advertisements

I'll let you know if they rise from the ashes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 PM

434 posts, read 849,122 times
The poster who has never felt safe in Santa Ana or Anaheim has had a home in Floral Park (north Santa Ana) for 10 years and has worked in Anaheim for 5 years. I'm not saying that your life is constantly in danger in these cities, they are just are not safe places compared to other parts of OC (areas to the south and towards the coast). Why would you send your kid to Santa Ana or Anaheim? Not much to do there anyway and lots of safer places to hang out.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinAustin View Post
Hi from Austin,

Looks like my daughter is heading to Chapman University! It's as if she wants to live her own life or something....?

I am asking for some good local knowledge--OK, places to avoid! Seriously, any input regarding where to go and where to by-God not go in the area would be appreciated. (She'll be on-campus, but sure to venture out.)

And if I show her on this thread, I'll have more cred! (Got my Johnny Cochran on--sorry!)

Thank you!
You can easily look up crime stats here on this site...
Just scroll down till you see them, here's a few examples:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Orange-California.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lake-F...alifornia.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Santa-Ana-California.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Costa-...alifornia.html

Like a previous poster said before, she should get some good advice from
fellow students, and even in the safest of cities, common sense and basic precautions are a must.
Good luck!

Old 10-25-2010, 12:01 AM

97 posts, read 264,117 times
From the OP:-

THANK YOU all--but now is time for sleep! Will respond in full tomorrow--

Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,019 times
So happy to find this thread and read all the very helpful advice about Orange. My husband just accepted a job teaching at Chapman that will begin in the fall of 2012. We have a 5 year old daughter and she will be starting 1st Grade. Any advice for a family moving to Orange? Good schools or neighborhoods?
We'd be grateful for any direction. Thanks!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:13 PM

283 posts, read 626,031 times
papa hassans also opened in anaheim recently

Old 11-28-2011, 09:48 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post
papa hassans also opened in anaheim recently

Halleluliah!

Old town areas and neighborhoods are discussed earlier in this thread. Palmyra school (South East quatdrant of old town) is decent, not fabulous, but not bad. We did not like the elementary school that is near Chili Pepper (Batavia? I cannot remember the school name but I think it is named after the street it is on). Otherwise, I do not remember much about public elementary schools.

Chapman has a pre-school, they used to be at the Methodist church in town, but I think they moved. The church may have a different pre-school now.

The Lutheran church has a good pre school and elementary.

El Durado school for gifted children is a great school if you can afford it (about $12,000 five years ago, not sure now).

Old 11-28-2011, 12:36 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinAustin View Post
From the OP:-

THANK YOU all--but now is time for sleep! Will respond in full tomorrow--

will she have a car??? the campus is pretty and the old town Orange is quaint etc...but for nightlife and beach etc...it would be safer if she had a car

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County