Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:27 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,057,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
I definitely agree with that. In fact, the first time I went to L.A., I did notice that even though there is ALOT of traffic on the highways the drivers in general are less aggressive than in Miami. Now, driving in L.A. is no picnic, but as hard as it may be for some to believe, in general, drivers are more courteous and less aggressive in L.A. than Miami.

There is no denying that drivers in Miami are the worst ... in fact you can see the difference as soon as you head north and cross the dade / broward line .... I drove all over Los Angeles last week and even though people drive fast ... they are not nearly as reckless as drivers in Miami .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 02:37 PM

160 posts, read 853,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I like both LA and Miami ... neither suck ... I just think Little Will 1971 sucks !! I will keep coming to Southern California as often as I want ... I have family in Pasadena and business in LA ... now because of Little Will 1971 I have even more incentive to go to So Cal in fact I will be in San Diego in three weeks and thinking of you darlin !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well CA has a great freeway system, FL does not. Which adds to the problem.

FL in addition to not enforcing the car insurance issue by getting cars off the road that shouldn't be, has no car inspections.

Again insane. So anyone can drive around with no brakes, bald tires, no insurance, etc.

Anything goes!!
Quote:
I agree totally ... yes the weather in So Cal is much better than in So Fla ... no doubt ... in fact I only really like the weather in So Fla for six months of the year ... right now it is awesome ... listen I love California and I love Florida also ... and my intent on these posts is simply to state that both places share many common problems that is all ... I lived in So Cal for four years in the late 90's with my family ( Valencia ) and I was there last week on business .. I was kind of shocked to see how the economy has taken its toll on some areas ... the highways especially are in nasty shape and I saw many homeless people in Santa Monica near the pier that you would never see a few years ago ... again I was simply responding to a person that was making So Fla and Miami in particular seem like Iraq and So Cal seem like Sweden .. especially with absurd claims and implications that some how Mexicans were superior to other Hispanics by assimilating into US society quicker ... which again is simply absurd .
Seain Dublin - Don't listen to this guy, he's just the usual So Floridan - angry and confused. Just read the posts. I have NEVER once said Mexicans were " Superior". This guy makes things up and expects people to believe him. That's probably why his wife left him.

All I'm saying about the Mexicans in Southern California is; they seem to have adapted to American Culture a lot more than any of the latins in So Florida, in my opinion. That's probably why there's a blatant disregard for the English language here in MIAMI....

Old 12-17-2010, 02:48 PM

[quote=Rock Newman;17039341][quote=william1971;17029155]
Quote:
I like both LA and Miami ... neither suck ... I just think Little Will 1971 sucks !!

I don't have to resort to low life profanity ... and no I have only lived in three states born in NYC , lived in California and now Florida ... and my career has offered opportunities that have included moving around which is great and a tremendous experience for my family ... now live in Parkland which is a beautiful area ( reminds me of Irvine ) .. a college degree and hard work will get you places ... think about that when you are watching MTV in your trailer in Opa Locka next time ... Neanderthal .
Parkland? Sounds more like Hialeah to me. Remember Rock Newman, college degrees only count from a reputible University, not from Florida Career College.

Sorry to inform you Rock Newman, but most of us on here realize that you're full of it and don't buy into the fantasy you have that MIAMI is a wonderful place. All facts on here have been my experience in MIAMI and none are lies. I feel it's my obligation & duty to let others know the truth about MIAMI from my experiences and not some painted dreamworld you have of it. Once again, Southern California doesn't need So Floridians like you there, try and conduct business elsewhere for the sake of all Southern Californians everywhere - PLEASE!!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:16 PM

[quote=william1971;17041774][quote=Rock Newman;17039341]
Quote:
Originally Posted by william1971 View Post

Parkland? Sounds more like Hialeah to me. Remember Rock Newman, college degrees only count from a reputible University, not from Florida Career College.

Sorry to inform you Rock Newman, but most of us on here realize that you're full of it and don't buy into the fantasy you have that MIAMI is a wonderful place. All facts on here have been my experience in MIAMI and none are lies. I feel it's my obligation & duty to let others know the truth about MIAMI from my experiences and not some painted dreamworld you have of it. Once again, Southern California doesn't need So Floridians like you there, try and conduct business elsewhere for the sake of all Southern Californians everywhere - PLEASE!!
Yup my friend Parkland ( Heron Bay ) to be exact ... somewhere you will never live .. do not have a clue where Florida Career College is located ... nope I went to the U and graduated with a BA in Business Adminstration started my MBA at FIU but could not finish due to heavy travel ... your posts are laughable and do not make me angry .... I thought you were just a vile scumbag but now your are source for entertainment for me and several others on here like the court jester or village idiot ... please keep the insults coming they are a fun way to break up the day and frankly entertaining ... not sure where you see me blindly defending Miami .... I just do think it is nearly as bad as you make it out to be and as much as I like So Cal it is not the nirvana you make it out to be either ... I guess that is too much for you to comprehend . Your duty and obligation ..wow what a patriot ... again your are a fool and certainly fun to razzle on here .

Old 12-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Seain Dublin - Don't listen to this guy, he's just the usual So Floridan - angry and confused. Just read the posts. I have NEVER once said Mexicans were " Superior". This guy makes things up and expects people to believe him. That's probably why his wife left him.

All I'm saying about the Mexicans in Southern California is; they seem to have adapted to American Culture a lot more than any of the latins in So Florida, in my opinion. That's probably why there's a blatant disregard for the English language here in MIAMI....

I heard plenty of disregard for the English language last week in LA ... Seain Dublin ... I like Los Angeles ... this is not an LA vs Miami thing ... I just think that william 1971 is a fool and his ignorant rants and posts are actually fun to read ... william I thought you had implied that my wife had left me for you a Cuban stud remember ... make up your mind already .

Mexicans in LA adapted to the American Culture ... really ... soon they will be all speaking english , have blonde hair , listening to country music , norah jones and calling their kids Brandon , Jordan and Megan .. dude you are sooo funny ... do you have a website or twitter account ?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:28 PM

[quote=Rock Newman;17042118][quote=william1971;17041774]
Quote:

Yup my friend Parkland ( Heron Bay ) to be exact ... somewhere you will never live .. do not have a clue where Florida Career College is located ... nope I went to the U and graduated with a BA in Business Adminstration started my MBA at FIU but could not finish due to heavy travel ... your posts are laughable and do not make me angry .... I thought you were just a vile scumbag but now your are source for entertainment for me and several others on here like the court jester or village idiot ... please keep the insults coming they are a fun way to break up the day and frankly entertaining ... not sure where you see me blindly defending Miami .... I just do think it is nearly as bad as you make it out to be and as much as I like So Cal it is not the nirvana you make it out to be either ... I guess that is too much for you to comprehend . Your duty and obligation ..wow what a patriot ... again your are a fool and certainly fun to razzle on here .
Wow, how impressive. The only man in the country with a BA. Certainly a man of your intelligence can figure out how to hold a marriage together, couldn't you? Or did you snap at her about MIAMI like you do me and every else on here.....

As far as Southern California goes, it MOST CERTAINLY IS A NIRVANA compared to MIAMI in my opinion, and with guys like you in So Florida even gives more credibility to my argument.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I heard plenty of disregard for the English language last week in LA ... Seain Dublin ... I like Los Angeles ... this is not an LA vs Miami thing ... I just think that william 1971 is a fool and his ignorant rants and posts are actually fun to read ... william I thought you had implied that my wife had left me for you a Cuban stud remember ... make up your mind already .

Mexicans in LA adapted to the American Culture ... really ... soon they will be all speaking english , have blonde hair , listening to country music , norah jones and calling their kids Brandon , Jordan and Megan .. dude you are sooo funny ... do you have a website or twitter account ?
Funny Rock Newman, because the last time I checked the locals of MIAMI don't even know who Elvis, The Beatles, or The Rolling Stones were. Now, I know plenty of Mexicans in Los Angeles that will be able to answer that plus some. Are you seeing the difference here or is your BA clouding your perception?

Last edited by william1971; 12-17-2010 at 07:42 PM..

Old 12-17-2010, 09:43 PM

152 posts, read 333,949 times
[quote=william1971;17044220][quote=Rock Newman;17042118]
Quote:

Wow, how impressive. The only man in the country with a BA. Certainly a man of your intelligence can figure out how to hold a marriage together, couldn't you? Or did you snap at her about MIAMI like you do me and every else on here.....

As far as Southern California goes, it MOST CERTAINLY IS A NIRVANA compared to MIAMI in my opinion, and with guys like you in So Florida even gives more credibility to my argument.
This situation with you continuing your false accusation and vile insults on a anonymous message board is something that is very sad for you, don't you have anything else to occupy your mind, now you are expanding your false accusations, no one said anyone was special for having a BA, or how good anyone drove, what good marriage partners they were, has the most American musical taste. Are you some sort of a Internet Lepricon perhaps a mutated Loch Ness monster, there has to be some reason for your inappropriate ramblings.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:15 PM

1,061 posts, read 2,240,918 times
Miserable people like to make others feel miserable. Like the saying goes "misery loves company".

I think many here who has had the chance to read many of this guys post can agree that it is like debating or communicating with an irritational human being. Like I stated before, he likes to dish it out but cannot take it. Interestingly enough, 2 of my posts in this thread were deleted, but his insults and nasty posts are not. I wonder if he cried and reported me. Anyhow, it's a waste to debate or have a dialogue with this guy. I feel like I have stooped down to his level enough. It is actually sad when people continuously reply with this type of hostility and negativity. Sad, sad, sad.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:27 PM

253 posts, read 1,127,812 times
Quote:
I moved from Yorba Linda California to Miami FL about 4 years ago and have regretted it ever since. Miami just may be the worst city on the planet! Just a little information about Miami to help you make your decision on moving here:

Miami is a city that has been focused around the latin culture. Now, I know what your saying; Los Angeles has lots of Mexicans (Hell I'm Latin) but Miami is quite different. The latins dominate this city and the cities main focus is around the latin culture. The majority of Miami's residents prefer to speak spanish over English. You'll find this aspect quite difficult if you're one that doesn't speak the language.

Now, about the people. The inhabitants of Miami are probably the rudest I've ever encountered - in my life! They have little consideration towards others and basically do whatever they want. On top of the fact that the city has some of the worst drivers you'll probably ever find, the cities been ranked with having the worst road rage in the country (this is topping Los Angeles).

What you see on TV about Miami, having sun all the time, girls in bikini's and the weather being all around wonderful is only a percentage of what it's like. What they don't tell you about the the climate is how humid it is. There is sun in Miami but rain clouds are not far off. It's so sticky here you can't walk a block without sweating to the point where your clothes are soaked! The city is infested with mosquitoes and other disease carrying rodents. So if you're looking for drugs, to escape the law, rude people, people who don't speak English than Miami is your Disneyland!
Not to criticize, but you forgot to mention the Formosan termites (they swarm by the millions as compared to the drywood & subterraneans here in Cali) and flying cockroaches.

Other than that, I've been told similar to what you've posted by several trustworthy individuals.

Sorry for your circumstances but a big THANK YOU for the warning

Best!

-Cali-girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County