U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-29-2010, 05:20 PM

8 posts, read 7,777 times
Default Best Coffee Shops in OC

I'm relocating from Seattle (where we take coffee serious). I'm concerned with the coffee I've tasted thus far. In fact, I can't seem to find a coffee shop beyond SBUX and Coffee Bean. I'm looking for a local shop with a good vib, music, people, and most importantly serious java. Thanks!

Ryan
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM

26,362 posts, read 54,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiphika View Post
I'm relocating from Seattle (where we take coffee serious). I'm concerned with the coffee I've tasted thus far. In fact, I can't seem to find a coffee shop beyond SBUX and Coffee Bean. I'm looking for a local shop with a good vib, music, people, and most importantly serious java. Thanks!

Ryan
We live in Orange County where we taking local traveling seriously.

Assuming you won't travel more than one mile to a coffee shop (who would?), what location are you targeting?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:27 PM

8,051 posts, read 9,799,673 times
Diedrich coffee was real good, but I believe they were mostly bought out by SBUX.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:30 PM

One mile is kinda far but acceptable if the Jo is right. I realize I'm spoiled with three coffee shops across the street from my house.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 PM

5,112 posts, read 11,788,409 times
There are a few in coastal Long Beach, but not too many that I can think of in OC. The demographics don't support the Seattle style coffeeshop in most places. Most everything I know of are chains: Peet's, Deidrich's, Coffee Bean, Starbucks, etc. Of those 4, Peet's is definitely the best, but I order all my coffee from Mariposa Coffee Co these days and fallback on Peet's when I run out.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:46 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,274,209 times
Try the Neighborhood Cup in Aliso Viejo. They are one of the few real coffee shops to be found in South County with live entertainment, antique car shows, yoga classes, an art gallery, etc:
The Neighborhood Cup, Live at The CUP! Entertainment is ALWAYS FREE!! (http://www.theneighborhoodcup.com/index.html - broken link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szgkShe6ZXc

You can also get freshly brewed coffee at City Perk in Aliso Viejo. Their coffee is great, but they don’t offer entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT1JwrWYozM

Old 12-29-2010, 05:48 PM

26,362 posts, read 54,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phiphika View Post
One mile is kinda far but acceptable if the Jo is right. I realize I'm spoiled with three coffee shops across the street from my house.

I know a good one in Boise, ID; would that work for you?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 PM

Nice. I'll definitely check these spots out. AV is one of the areas we're looking at. Lots seem really small though...

Old 12-29-2010, 05:57 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,022,623 times
Agree with bhcompy, Peet's is the best chain and better than most of the local coffee shops, that is of course if you like your coffee on the thicker and rich side. Maybe I don't have the right coffee machine but when I brew Peet's coffee at home it just isn't the same or any other brand for that matter.

Peet's is No.1, No.6 is Coffee Bean and the rest start at No. 10 and at that point I don't really care, they just don't compare to Peet's. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:02 PM

4,998 posts, read 4,990,568 times
Try these:

vietnamese coffee shops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County