Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
Hmmmmm, I have a feeling your sarcasm detector is busted. I should have used the proper emoticon, like this one .
Subjected to emoticons for comprehension -- I'll write with crayons from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 AM

6 posts, read 34,447 times
Honestly you can't beat the weather here; we moved from Wisconsin and get to visit the beach every weekend. However, there is a reason so many folks are leaving our state for Texas, Nevada etc. If you would need section 8 just to make ends meet, you will be shocked by the other costs associated with living here. Consider state taxes, auto registration, where the section 8 is located and gasoline costs. Do your homework and don't be seduced by the lapping of the waves like I was. I hear you though. I'll only leave kicking and screaming.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:45 AM

14 posts, read 23,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheradar3 View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but stay in Texas and live off of your own state. We can't afford you!
quite Californian!!!! lolzz
yeah I'm wondering too, why would you move away from Dallas? Is it not busy enough?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:44 AM

17 posts, read 29,384 times
Originally Posted by TXRyan23
Don't worry about what posters on this forum have to say in reguards to section 8 and expensive neighborhoods, They're jealous that you're in a situation that can provide you a place to live in an area they can't afford.

If the government gives you that option, More power to you !

You'll always get negative comments about public assistance (which is even more odd since California hands out more then any other state.) So don't worry about that. California is going to be a huge culture shock for you coming from Ohio.

If you can't get anywhere with Santa Monica, Try Pacific Palisades or El Segundo..

Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnsonyvette View Post
Originally Posted by TXRyan23
Don't worry about what posters on this forum have to say in reguards to section 8 and expensive neighborhoods, They're jealous that you're in a situation that can provide you a place to live in an area they can't afford.

If the government gives you that option, More power to you !

You'll always get negative comments about public assistance (which is even more odd since California hands out more then any other state.) So don't worry about that. California is going to be a huge culture shock for you coming from Ohio.

If you can't get anywhere with Santa Monica, Try Pacific Palisades or El Segundo..

last time...section 8 housing is nOT located in expensive neighborhoods...

Old 02-13-2011, 01:44 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
I am sorta stunned that anyone would think they could live in a beach community..on Section 8 housing...

yikes those that work two incomes often cannot afford beach locations

as for staying in "your own state"..that may be harsh..but sorry..realistic..
Oh there is another one on here who is also Section 8 form Ohio and she wants to live in Santa Monica....LOL.

The entitlement is unreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County