U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 PM

659 posts, read 2,611,880 times

Advertisements

I need to find a new doctor since I am not able to make it in during regular M-F business hours...or rather I'd prefer not to make it a hassle like that. Anyone recommend any regular family doctors that are open on Saturdays? I live in Santa Ana, but I'll go anywhere in Orange County. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 11:17 PM

26,362 posts, read 55,197,591 times
Here's your typical phone machine message at a doctor's office:
"Hello, You've reached Dr. Golf N. Cheatinonspouse's office. If this is an emergency call 911 now [now they've released themselves from any liability]. Our normal office hours are Mondays through Thursdays 9 to 4 with lunch from 11 to 1. Friday's 9 to 11. We are taking our next appointments [three months from now] in June. Our latest appointment is 3PM. If arriving for your first appointment, please arrive 45 minutes early [so you can fill out 19 forms which release us from any liability and guarantee we'll get paid. The forms always ask both your age and your DOB because we're too stupid to figure out your age from your DOB. We also need your SSN nine times because we couldn't care less about your risk of identity theft. Finally we ask the same information each time on each form because we are still using 1950s technology in this office and we can't transfer information from one form onto multiple forms - so you need to enter the same information over and over and over.]. If you can't make an appointment please let us know three weeks in advance or else we will charge you $150. [We double book so there's a 95% chance you'll be sitting around in the waiting room for 90 minutes.]"

Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 PM

Haha, thanks, I know! Decided it may be faster to ask here than hear that recording ten million times. Love the Friday lunch from 9-11. So, know any doctors open on Saturdays? lol

Old 03-22-2011, 12:30 AM

2,650 posts, read 2,385,383 times
The Woodbury Medical Group in Irvine is open on weekends:
Immediate Medical Care, Family Doctor, Pediatrician In Irvine, Emergency Medical Services, Adult Medicine, Hoag Affiliated Board Certified Family Physician, Urgent Care Center Irvine Woodbury Medical

Old 03-22-2011, 01:49 PM

394 posts, read 503,141 times
My doctor is part of the Family Care Center in Costa Mesa - also associated with HOAG Hospital (can't do much better than that) and they have Saturday hours, I believe. Maybe even Sundays in some locations.

Family and Primary Medical Care Orange County::Family Care Centers Medical Group Inc. - Medical Care, Family Physicians, Family Care Centers

Old 03-23-2011, 01:04 AM

Thanks guys! Looks like both of these are urgent care, at least on the weekends. I have actually been to the one in CM. I may have to go that route, but I'd love to have an appointment with a doctor that I can make my primary care physician. I appreciate the help though!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
Thanks guys! Looks like both of these are urgent care, at least on the weekends. I have actually been to the one in CM. I may have to go that route, but I'd love to have an appointment with a doctor that I can make my primary care physician. I appreciate the help though!
Woodbury offers both a family medicine practice and urgent care services. I would suggest giving them a call to see if the familly medicine docs see non-urgent, as a well as urgent care patients on weekends.

Good Luck.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 PM

5,112 posts, read 11,984,552 times
I don't have a doctor anymore. I go to the Memorial Prompt Care facilities(there are a few across OC). They have a staff of doctors, all of the facilities(for blood tests, xrays, etc), and they're open 7 days a week(until 9pm or something). Costs the same as a doctors visit, no appointment necessary

Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Woodbury offers both a family medicine practice and urgent care services. I would suggest giving them a call to see if the familly medicine docs see non-urgent, as a well as urgent care patients on weekends.

Good Luck.
I did, that's when they told me they don't do appointments on the weekends

Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
I did, that's when they told me they don't do appointments on the weekends
Ugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County