Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 01:43 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockproipi View Post
Well, because people all want to live and enjoy the same thing you do. If you don't like it you can move else where.

So why the fock should we have cleveland national forest? Huh? I mean let's just carve it up and put up more single family homes. Why don't we open our borders to every third world immigrant that wants to call America their home. See how stupid and absolutely unrealistic your mentality is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM

143 posts, read 431,518 times
Ah, SoCalCroozer, as much as you don't like it, Stock gave you the best answer. You don't HAVE to live here. Many people want to live here because of the lifestyle - and many leave for the same reason.

I recently spoke to a man who left SoCal a decade ago to live in Idaho. He was so happy - the people are nice and friendly, there is a co-op in town where people all go and swap items like produce for other items. He talked about the snow glistening on the trees after the first snow of the season and lots of land between homes so he had a view every day of mountains, clean air and blue skies. And privacy.

The cost of living is low, including land and real estate. He paid somewhere over $100,000 for his 2500 sf home on a couple of acres. There are a couple of paved roads in town and a few restaurants. Just a great "Mayberry" feel. He spoke so glowingly of the community gatherings and the selflessness of the neighbors.

The down side is that there are no jobs and no real industry, including tourism, so the area is pretty depressed and a lot of the residents there depend on the co-ops just to survive financially. This gentleman and his wife didn't really have financial problems because they were both retired long-time government employees.

Despite his enthusiasm, I cannot imagine a WORSE ambassador for the state of Idaho to entice me to move there. But it might be a great referral for you.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:47 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,982,648 times
It's all about money. Greed has ruined Scal. The more they keep developing the more they will have coyotes and other animials in peoples back yard. There are already enough problems with this.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:39 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
coyotes and other animials in peoples back yard.
Is this even in the top ten negatives of Southern California?

Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Is this even in the top ten negatives of Southern California?
Never mind the fact that you can live in the middle of the city, in the flatlands, and have coyotes in your backyard.

(But I agree with the greed part.)

Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 AM

53 posts, read 113,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
To developers to build a 14,000 home community on 23,000 acres? Can't these *******s say enough is enough. The area surrounding Antonio, Ladera, and Orteg is so beautiful it would be completely tragic to see even more development and housing take over such beautiful scenery. Why not turn that area into a major park with more hiking and biking trails? Or here's a really bad idea.............why not turn it over to some young entrepeneurs who would love to run some organic farming operations say for some grass fed beef, free range pigs, organic vegetables, pastured chickens...........maybe sell to local communities..........maybe make those local communities more self sufficient etc..

America really has veered so far from what it used to stand for and how we used to live. To think that area at one time was filled with grizzly bears is just amazing!
Organic livestock? You ever lived near a feed lot, or any serious commercial agriculture?

Trust me, you don't want that in your back yard either,

OF course with a landfill sitting right there in San Juan Capistrano, and the new one just east of Irvine... seems the regional planners aren't to bright anyway.

The answer is,.. someone figures it'd be profitable to do whatever they are doing.

But yes, I agree, the density of all of the OC (especially considering prices) is too high.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:32 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyBelt View Post
Organic livestock? You ever lived near a feed lot, or any serious commercial agriculture?

Trust me, you don't want that in your back yard either,

OF course with a landfill sitting right there in San Juan Capistrano, and the new one just east of Irvine... seems the regional planners aren't to bright anyway.

The answer is,.. someone figures it'd be profitable to do whatever they are doing.

But yes, I agree, the density of all of the OC (especially considering prices) is too high.

Im not talking a feedlot dude. I'm talking lush green pastures with free roaming livestock like cattle, pigs, chickens etc. Thousands of acres supporting thousands of animals feeding thousands of South OC residents. Americans need to start thinking outside the box in how we develope and run communities. We were once an agrarian society. It's ok though.........people are going to learn the hardway when they rely on others i.e. corporate America or the government for everything including feeding their family.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 AM

144 posts, read 318,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
So why the fock should we have cleveland national forest? Huh? I mean let's just carve it up and put up more single family homes. Why don't we open our borders to every third world immigrant that wants to call America their home. See how stupid and absolutely unrealistic your mentality is?
Dude, what make you think that only you deserve to live here and not everyone else? Which stone was this written on? You own the lot you live on and that's it. Once again, if you don't like it then move else where to live.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:11 PM

31 posts, read 55,894 times
[quote=stockproipi;19631406] Which stone was this written on?
I checked the 'Ten Commandment' tablet: Couldn't find it

Old 06-18-2011, 07:14 PM

31 posts, read 55,894 times
[quote=stockproipi;19631406] You own the lot you live on and that's it.

What about the free roaming cattle, pigs and chicken ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County