Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:17 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palenaka View Post
I recommend 3 days to see it all at your leisure. Avoid weekends if you can! Disney usually sells a pass in the summer for So Cal residents that will give you three days for about $99. These passes are great as they usually give you 60 days to use the pass so you don't have to go consecutive days.
Those $99 three day passes can be upgraded to annual passes by just paying the difference. Just be sure to do it before the end of the third day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 09:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I think an Angels game would be more advisable and healthy. Especially if you are a Giants fan.

If your kids are under 8 there is burnout potential from over stimulation.

Other than that have at it. One year We spent an entire week in Orange County actually rented a beautiful condo in the wonderful City of Orange. Four days just at the Disney attractions. Yes I did go see an Angels game. it was the year they won the World Series I think that was 2002. Very nice fans and very clean stadium back then.
well you could be right about the game situation, but being a Dodger fan, I could not spend a week in the city without taking in a game. How would you have liked to be a die hard Dodger fan and live in the bay area for 5 years: it was HELL!!!kinda like when we lived in Dallas and were Redskin fans.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:27 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
lived here for 20 years and there are still parts of Disney that I have not seen, whether by choice or by crowded conditions.

Two days is good. go to DCA first, then hit the magic kingdom (DCA is a bit of a let down after the magic kingdom)
Errr... The Magic Kingdom is in Orlando ... You mean DISNEYLAND.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:29 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Two days to avoid burnout. And get a park hopper ticket.

I'd go with Disneyland the first day then hit CA the second. CA has very little shade so if you are there when it's hot and sunny go in the morning. Back to Disneyland (which I vastly prefer) in the afternoon/evening. Some people also go back to the motel during the heat of the day. Rest up. Hit the pool.

If you do get an Annual Pass get the premium if you can afford it. Disneyland is JAMMED on the non-black-out days of the cheaper passes.
That is a good point about the shade ... I usually do Disneyland during the day but once it gets more packed during afternoon hours, I hope over to California Adventure.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM

66 posts, read 110,928 times
How are weekends in November and December? Is Disneyland open in December? Their schedule doesn't show past November: Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

I thought they had holiday themed days in December.

Also, any thoughts on each of the resorts?

Disneyland Hotel
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Disney’s Grand California

Old 10-18-2011, 09:59 AM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icrnk View Post
How are weekends in November and December? Is Disneyland open in December? Their schedule doesn't show past November: Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

I thought they had holiday themed days in December.

Also, any thoughts on each of the resorts?

Disneyland Hotel
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Disney’s Grand California
Disneyland is open daily throughout the year. I've never been to any of the hotels, but the Grand Californian Hotel is the nicest of the three and the most expensive. I think you can save a few bucks if you have a premium annual pass.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the reply wrcousert. How bad are the weekends in terms of masses of people in November & December?

Looking at the following dates
Nov 13 - 15
Nov 27 - 29
Dec 9 -11

Not sure if I should add one more day but thought as the first day won't be a whole day due to travel.

Then driving to San Diego for the remainder of our time.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
if you can do a monday/tuesday/wednesday on a non holiday weekends you will have a better experience. Look at which season passes have block out dates - if there block outs for two or more types of season passes, those days are usually decent for visiting (except saturdays).

What I like to do is get a fast pass the minute you walk in. Then do one major ride and visit a few smaller attractions with short wait lines.

Then get another fast pass, repeat.

If you are lucky you will be able to fast pass a lot of the major attractions toward the end of the day.

Fast passes are valid for anytime after you are scheduled.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icrnk View Post
Nov 13 - 15

Dec 9 -11
I'd choose between these two. And if you can afford it: the Grand Caliornian. It's closest to the entrances which counts if your feet are killing you. (In fact it has it's own entrance into DCA.) It has a wonderful lobby, and is a couple of notches above the other two IMO. One warning: the Downtown Disney rooms are noisy but great for people watching.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd choose between these two. And if you can afford it: the Grand Caliornian. It's closest to the entrances which counts if your feet are killing you. (In fact it has it's own entrance into DCA.) It has a wonderful lobby, and is a couple of notches above the other two IMO. One warning: the Downtown Disney rooms are noisy but great for people watching.
Why do you prefer those two date ranges (Nov 13 - 15 or Dec 9 - 11)? Weather is probably not much of a difference in those dates being so close, so less people?

How much of a hassle would it be to do two of the hotels. One is due to cost and the other is just being the type to want to try different things/places.

I was thinking two nights each
Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel (Fri/Sat)
Disney’s Grand California (Sun/Mon)
It's only $50 more per weekend for the Pier vs $100 more for the Grand California.

Thanks on the noise tip. We don't mind noise too much so I think we can sleep though it and we'll probably be tired from keeping our 3 year old busy.

Last edited by icrnk; 10-18-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County