U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 PM
 
Location: laguna beach
200 posts, read 249,669 times
Reputation: 84
Default Aliso Viejo $193 PSF!!

DQNews - Los Angeles Times Zip Code Chart


Anyone know why Aliso is significantly cheaper than most other communities in Orange County? Is this a DataQuick mistake? Seems very odd for Aliso to be cheaper PSF than even the worst areas in Santa Ana and Stanton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,362 posts, read 52,971,138 times
Reputation: 16258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post
DQNews - Los Angeles Times Zip Code Chart


Anyone know why Aliso is significantly cheaper than most other communities in Orange County? Is this a DataQuick mistake? Seems very odd for Aliso to be cheaper PSF than even the worst areas in Santa Ana and Stanton?
It's more expensive than Ladera and Coto and Mission Viejo and RSM in $/sqft apples to apples.

Here are the average $/sqft sales for the past 6 months 5+ BR, $650K to $800K:

AV $273
MV $239
RSM $225
Coto $230
Ladera Ranch $231
Irvine $285

from

http://www.redfin.com/homes-for-sale...6&zoomLevel=11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 PM
 
Location: laguna beach
200 posts, read 249,669 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's more expensive than Ladera and Coto and Mission Viejo and RSM in $/sqft apples to apples.

Here are the average $/sqft sales for the past 6 months 5+ BR, $650K to $800K:

AV $273
MV $239
RSM $225
Coto $230
Ladera Ranch $231
Irvine $285

from

Real Estate Search | Redfin
5br built in >1990 600-850k????? talking about PSF SFR I am confused as to what the factors you listed have to do with the SFR PSF comparison....$193 PSF for the newer homes located in Aliso seem to be a bargain....Question is there a reason why these houses are significantly lower than other communities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM
 
11,728 posts, read 23,484,844 times
Reputation: 7089
Aren't there lots of condos in AV with high HOA/Mello Roos? That should depress prices a bit in an environment where the banks are enforcing debt to income ratios. Also, AV has relatively poor freeway access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,362 posts, read 52,971,138 times
Reputation: 16258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post
5br built in >1990 600-850k????? talking about PSF SFR I am confused as to what the factors you listed have to do with the SFR PSF comparison....$193 PSF for the newer homes located in Aliso seem to be a bargain....Question is there a reason why these houses are significantly lower than other communities?
Specifically, what homes in AV are averaging $193/sqft (I didn't read the article)?

Last edited by Charles; 06-21-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 PM
 
Location: laguna beach
200 posts, read 249,669 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Aren't there lots of condos in AV with high HOA/Mello Roos? That should depress prices a bit in an environment where the banks are enforcing debt to income ratios. Also, AV has relatively poor freeway access.
The PSF are SFR only not Condos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 PM
 
Location: laguna beach
200 posts, read 249,669 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Specifically, what homes in AV are averaging $193/sqft (I didn't read the article)?
Its a Chart
Attached Thumbnails
Aliso Viejo 3 PSF!!-chart2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top