U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 PM

452 posts, read 1,236,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbybee View Post
Well said, PAC!!!

Between the two choices you mentioned, SNA all the way!

But, have you looked into the possibility of using Long Beach Airport? That would put you right at the 605 and ready to head north - without all of the falderal attached with having to deal with the 405, 22, 5, 710, 605 bullpucky...
Long Beach Airport does not have non-stop service to/from Denver on any airline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 09:26 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,369,416 times
What about Burbank? Does Southwest fly from Denver to Burbank? That would be the easiest drive to go from Burbank to Industry.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 PM

394 posts, read 828,123 times
Check into Ontario Airport as well. The 10 Fwy is a real bee-yotch at certain times, but anything would be better than having to deal with LAX - even considering the possibility of having to change planes somewhere! (I effen hate LAX - can you tell?) ;-}

Old 07-05-2011, 11:18 PM

30,206 posts, read 16,742,264 times
Quote:
Check into Ontario Airport as well. The 10 Fwy is a real bee-yotch at certain times, but anything would be better than having to deal with LAX - even considering the possibility of having to change planes somewhere! (I effen hate LAX - can you tell?) ;-}
The OP stated in her original post that Ontario does not have any options that would work for her husband's situation. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsarahc View Post
My husband will be commuting to Industry for the next few months from Denver. Based on schedule of flights the two options are LAX or Orange County (no option into Ontario that works). Based on rush hour direction, even tho' LAX is longer in distance to Industry am I right that it will be going against traffic for morning/eve commute and would be the better option???

Old 07-06-2011, 11:38 AM

I guess I missed that. Thanks, D.

As I stated regarding Long Beach - even if one has to change planes somewhere, it's still preferable to dealing with LAX, IMO...

Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 PM

71,682 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsarahc View Post
My husband will be commuting to Industry for the next few months from Denver. Based on schedule of flights the two options are LAX or Orange County (no option into Ontario that works). Based on rush hour direction, even tho' LAX is longer in distance to Industry am I right that it will be going against traffic for morning/eve commute and would be the better option???
I have to smile when I read the title: which everone is longer, the other is shorter. Now, I know what you mean: I wouls still think John Wayne would be the best commute.

NIta

Old 07-06-2011, 02:00 PM

30,206 posts, read 16,742,264 times
Quote:

As I stated regarding Long Beach - even if one has to change planes somewhere, it's still preferable to dealing with LAX, IMO...
No worries. I'm with you regarding Long Beach Airport. MUCH better alternative to LAX, which I despise with a passion.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:08 PM

452 posts, read 1,236,538 times
Quote:

Its just not practical for a business traveler who is flying often to connect. Plus, even connecting service is very bad between Denver and Long Beach. JetBlue cannot to it as their flights to Denver only go to Boston and New York (doesn't make sense to fly east when your destination is west).
Alaska Airlines sends you at least two hours out of the way to Seattle.
Delta only offers connections through Salt Lake City and from Salt Lake there are just 3 flights per day to Long Beach. Total trip time is 4.5 to 6 hours with connectiom vs 2.5 hours nonstop to another So Cal Airport.
US Airways connects through Phoenix, but only offers two flights per day.

When LAX and John Wayne havr nearly hourly non stop service fro
Denver with United, Southwest, and Frontier, Long Beach is just not competitive. Especially for a frequent flier than just wants to be done with the flight.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:59 PM

Oh, I agree, Coo77. Like I said earlier, SNA all the way! The time and aggravation a passenger will save getting into and out of SNA - as compared to the clusterfrak that is LAX - will more than make up for a bit longer commute.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM

246 posts, read 355,931 times
SNA in every way. You can get from the gate to a rental car in 5 minutes and be out of the airport 10 minutes after your plane lands.

LAX would be 45min to an hour, never worth it.

DEN-SNA has plenty of flight options. Go John Wayne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County