Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 AM

394 posts, read 966,662 times

Advertisements

As long as you have a digital tuner in your TV you will be able to get the channels that EC mentioned. There are also over-the-air HD channel broadcasts available as 00M alluded to.

But how can one survive without the SPEED Channel (only available with cable/satellite subscription)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 10:47 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
OMG....I give my "cox box" that I pay dearly for...but gives me a gazillion channels and that oh so import DVR/TIVO!!

good luck...some areas do not allow antenannas on roofs, correct?? our neighbor with a million year old analog TV has an antenanna (sp sorry) in their attic...son says reception is spotty at best...

glad now all of you watch as much TV as we do...much be a retirement thing??
Most of what I watch is online anyways.. (Youtube, Anime, Foreign Films/Series, etc.) Just need to run a monitor and audio cable from laptop to TV. No need for cable TV here.. plus you can't watch all gazillion channels at once, eh?

Old 07-15-2011, 11:04 AM

590 posts, read 1,248,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Most of what I watch is online anyways.. (Youtube, Anime, Foreign Films/Series, etc.) Just need to run a monitor and audio cable from laptop to TV. No need for cable TV here.. plus you can't watch all gazillion channels at once, eh?

nah..can't watch them all at once..ie...the need for DVR...I always have a "library" of shows previously taped that I can pick from

as with most old marrieds...we have wildly different favorites....hubby can watch Military channel hours every day...I like some of that kind of history..but actually prefer "junk TV" like Dr Phil and David Letterman!! watching on computer or laptop is ok..but surely not as comfy as curling up on sofa with blanket etc...tho our largest flat screen is ONLY 42 inches...so many folks have entire walls of TV screen...I love my puter...but not for watching hour long shows...etc...

different strokes for different folks...

Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 AM

590 posts, read 1,248,924 times
Quote:
ah...just re read your post...so you connect the computer feed to the TV..thus you get computer access...plus bigger screen..and can be comfy on couch..

will have to get DIL the guru to do that for me...

gotta it not...yes..you are right..then don't need cable ...

Old 07-15-2011, 11:07 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
When I can get everything that's on cable via legal Internet based on-demand systems, I'll drop cable. I'd love to drop cable but we're not there yet. If we ever do get there, they'll just jack up the cost of Internet to compensate.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:01 PM

394 posts, read 966,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
When I can get everything that's on cable via legal Internet based on-demand systems, I'll drop cable. I'd love to drop cable but we're not there yet. If we ever do get there, they'll just jack up the cost of Internet to compensate.
...or charge you per episode to view them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County