Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:45 AM

283 posts, read 625,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
To the best of my Knowledge, there is no ER in Santa Ana. there is certainly no major ER in Santa Ana. This is either made up or imagined. I am thinking either a drug addiction problem or just a troll post from the get go.
Western Medical Center is in Santa Ana and it is a "major" ER unit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 11:53 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalpal View Post
Western Medical Center is in Santa Ana and it is a "major" ER unit.
Yep. I don't know how anyone who's lived here could not know that. Its right off the freeway and every news report of a major car crash, gang shooting, or stabbing within 15 miles of it says that's where the injured were taken.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:05 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,445 times
It's awful! Don't come here. California's going to fall into an ocean after the big one! Too many illegals, and fake people! You don't want to live here!!!

Just kidding, that's just what we tell people so they don't crowd our beautiful beaches in perfect year round weather.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:56 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,391,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
It's awful! Don't come here. California's going to fall into an ocean after the big one! Too many illegals, and fake people! You don't want to live here!!!

Just kidding, that's just what we tell people so they don't crowd our beautiful beaches in perfect year round weather.
I see this a lot actually. I grew up in north O.C. (Yorba Linda/Placentia) and what a great place to have been raised. I never heard of any crimes and never feared for my safety or my personal property. The worst thing to happen would be a drunken bar/kegger party fight on a Friday night, or CDs stolen out of an unlocked car.

I've seen the areas change a lot since I left 10 years ago. The traffic is insane. Each time I visit family, it takes me 30 minutes to drive 8 miles. I see a much more "diverse" population than what I grew up with. Honestly, I can't stand to visit and haven't been for about 1 1/2 years now.

I think people try to discourage others from moving there, to try to preserve any of what used to be. Just my opinion.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Yep. I don't know how anyone who's lived here could not know that. Its right off the freeway and every news report of a major car crash, gang shooting, or stabbing within 15 miles of it says that's where the injured were taken.
Have you ever been there? It is a small hospital and usually very quiet. It takes overflow from St. Joes. I did not realize that it has a Santa Ana address. It is a few feet or inches from being Tustin and we always called it Tustin Hospital or Western Med. Tutsin. I have been in there several times. And no it is nothing like what is described in the post. There are not gangs hanging around, people with guns. The patients are mostly sick people and a few accidents. Certainly some crime victims are taken there, but it is nto a majority, nor is it common. The crazy busy ER is St. Joes. and that is where I have seen things like people who were stabbed or conked on the head.

Of course it is always more fun and dramatic to over exaggerate everything. What fun is it to say that Orange County is quite safe and a little boring? Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-27-2011 at 06:24 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 04:18 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I see this a lot actually. I grew up in north O.C. (Yorba Linda/Placentia) and what a great place to have been raised. I never heard of any crimes and never feared for my safety or my personal property. The worst thing to happen would be a drunken bar/kegger party fight on a Friday night, or CDs stolen out of an unlocked car.

I've seen the areas change a lot since I left 10 years ago. The traffic is insane. Each time I visit family, it takes me 30 minutes to drive 8 miles. I see a much more "diverse" population than what I grew up with. Honestly, I can't stand to visit and haven't been for about 1 1/2 years now.

I think people try to discourage others from moving there, to try to preserve any of what used to be. Just my opinion.
I hear you... Happens everywhere, even Arizona... You should see where I born in the early 70's: San Gabriel. I wouldn't live there today if it was the last place on Earth! Luckily my family moved us up to Ventura County when I was 7 years old. Smog was bad even then.

But I love RSM. Happy and feel blessed to live here!

Old 07-27-2011, 05:12 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Have you ever been there? It is a small hospital and usually very quiet. It takes overflow from St. Joes. I did not realize that it has a Santa Ana address. It is a few feet or inches from being Tustin and we always called it Tustin Hospital or Western Med. Tutsin. I have been in there several times. And no it is nothing like what is described in the post. There are not gangs hanging around, people with guns. The patients are mostly sick people and a few accidents. Certainly some crime victims are taken there, but it is nto a majority, nor is it common. The crazy busy ER is St. Joes. and that is where I have seen things like people who were stabbed or conked on the head.
Moderator cut: personal attack A Google news search for "western medical center santa ana" turns up half a dozen stories in the last week of trauma victims being taken to Western Med. Heck, even the guy who got stabbed in Costa Mesa who walked to Hoag got transferred to Western Med. I hardly ever see St. Joseph's mentioned and a Google news search doesn't show any stories of trauma victims being sent there.

Last edited by Kimballette; 07-27-2011 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 PM

283 posts, read 625,985 times
Quote:

Of course it is always more fun and dramatic to over exaggerate everything. What fun is it to say that Orange County is quite safe and a little boring? Moderator cut: rude

Western Medical Center in Santa Ana IS the main Trauma/ER center for Northern Orange County.

Anyone who lives in that area knows that all the doctors at Western Med center live in North Tustin, Villa Park, Anaheim Hills etc (major reason why you see such huge mansions in these areas). The whole area is known as "Pill Hill" to locals because so many of the doctors work at Western Med Center....

Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 PM

74 posts, read 242,971 times
I've been in this area since the early 90s. Today Orange County is a county divided between the fairly wealthy and the poor. Areas such as Yorba Linda, Villa Park, parts of Orange, Brea, Fullerton, and south OC continue to rank as very safe and high income. The central part of the county (Santa Ana, Anaheim, Stanton, parts of Fullerton, Garden Grove, Buena Park, Orange) are very run down, suffer from huge gang and crime problems, and are demographically and politically very different from the wealthier areas. It seems many parts of OC are becoming more like LA. It's similar today to what it was back then, just dirtier and more divided.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:44 AM

590 posts, read 1,249,158 times
Quote:

Western Med Center Tustin Ave Santa Ana is a 282 bed hospital...with very busy ER....you might be thinking of another hospital I think with an Orange address that used to be part of the Western Med Group...cannot remember the name of that place..but I used to deliver Meals on Wheels and we picked up the meals at the smaller place for years...then we went to the Tustin Ave addy

tho I would prefer St Joes or Hoag...I gotta give credit to Western Med Santa Ana for saving my hubby's live 11 years ago when he had a heart attack...it is not as "pretty" as others..but the ER gave him excellent care!!..Since then I believe it is a part of Tenet Corporation...enuf said..I avoid their facilities!!

but yes...Western Med on Tustin is in Santa Ana...it is a good sized place..but years ago there was a smaller one..mostly inpatient psych if I remember..have no clue what if anything is there now..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County