U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 PM

9,723 posts, read 18,384,975 times

Advertisements

The cops absolutely used excessive force. How anyone can defend them ill never understand. The fullerton chief of police mike sellers CANT be trusted & that goes for the weasle mayor as well. The bully cops are as guilty as a fat lady at all you can eat buffet. Heres more info.
Friends For Fullerton's Future Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,650,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The cops absolutely used excessive force. How anyone can defend them ill never understand. The fullerton chief of police mike sellers CANT be trusted & that goes for the weasle mayor as well. The bully cops are as guilty as a fat lady at all you can eat buffet. Heres more info.
Friends For Fullerton's Future Blog
No one says they didn't use excessive force. Not even me, a police officer. Before I go further, let it be known, I've put several other police officers, in prison, for their actions, very similar to this.

At the sametime, the POS video you posted, doesn't show anything. Absolutely NOTHING. It DOES NOT show any police officer beating anyone to death, etc. Yes, the man died later; that is not in dispute. How he died, has yet to be proven.

I've been on the receiving end of many of lies, thoughts, inuendo's, etc. All of which are false. The general public have no clue, I'll say that again: NO CLUE, what police procedures, etc are. Most have NO CLUE what its like to fight someone and their ONLY idea of what police work is, is what they see on TV.

If the police, in this case are wrong, great. So be it. Lock em up, throw away the key. However, remember, YOU weren't there, nor was anyone on this board. Perception is NOT always the truth; your perception is they are guilty of something. Until proven, yes, I will generally side with the police; for, again, like it or not, I know more then you, when it comes to police work.

I know the other side, you do not. Its very easy to sit in your EZ Chair, with a few martini's, and second guess what occurred in 2.5 seconds.

Moderator cut: off topic and rude

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-02-2011 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: off topic and rude

Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,650,719 times
The Story Of Wrongly Accused and Convicted Jeffrey Scott Hornoff

Memphis police officer wrongly accused of burglary www.privateofficer.com « PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

Google falsely accused police officers. You people won't. You want your pound of flesh and dump it no police officers.

Moderator cut: rude Look at the facts and deal with the guilty. Don't lump ALL police officers in one mess.

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-02-2011 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: Rude - tone it down, please.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:16 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,716,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
No one says they didn't use excessive force. Not even me, a police officer. Before I go further, let it be known, I've put several other police officers, in prison, for their actions, very similar to this.

At the sametime, the POS video you posted, doesn't show anything. Absolutely NOTHING. It DOES NOT show any police officer beating anyone to death, etc. Yes, the man died later; that is not in dispute. How he died, has yet to be proven.

I've been on the receiving end of many of lies, thoughts, inuendo's, etc. All of which are false. The general public have no clue, I'll say that again: NO CLUE, what police procedures, etc are. Most have NO CLUE what its like to fight someone and their ONLY idea of what police work is, is what they see on TV.

If the police, in this case are wrong, great. So be it. Lock em up, throw away the key. However, remember, YOU weren't there, nor was anyone on this board. Perception is NOT always the truth; your perception is they are guilty of something. Until proven, yes, I will generally side with the police; for, again, like it or not, I know more then you, when it comes to police work.

I know the other side, you do not. Its very easy to sit in your EZ Chair, with a few martini's, and second guess what occurred in 2.5 seconds.

Moderator cut: off topic and rude
Since there is apparently a very high quality video of the entire incident from a nearby surveillence cam, fortunately we should have a lot more answers in the near future.

It does'nt take a decade of police training and experience for people to recognize that when someone is beaten to a pulp - and looking at the facial and head trauma suffered by Thomas that is a very appropriate characterization, not hyperbole - something is wrong. Under what circumstances is a police officer, when not literally fighting for his/her life, authourized to deliver repeated blows to the head of an unarmed suspect who is surrounded by six officers and being taken in custody? Please delve into your years of experience to explain and enlighten us all.

Your'e not talking about Hippy Dippy San Francisco here. This is OC. We usually support our cops. But we are not as blind or as stupid as you seem to think we are.

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-02-2011 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: off topic and rude

Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 AM

The video is said to be clear & shows the thug cops beating the homeless man to death. It will be released in due time. Moderator cut: off topic

I know the police have a tough & dangerous job but they should all be monitored so no more innocent people get killed or beat up. Fullerton police dept sound corrupt & its time to clean house. I hear the mayor may be involved as well (knows more then what people think).

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-02-2011 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-02-2011, 01:40 PM

6,475 posts, read 9,905,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
The Story Of Wrongly Accused and Convicted Jeffrey Scott Hornoff

Memphis police officer wrongly accused of burglary www.privateofficer.com « PRIVATE OFFICER NEWS NETWORK

Google falsely accused police officers. You people won't. You want your pound of flesh and dump it no police officers.

Moderator cut: rude Look at the facts and deal with the guilty. Don't lump ALL police officers in one mess.
Moderator cut: rude Who the heck says we're lumping all officers into one mess? Just these 6. Besides, it's no surprise that a LOT of cops do abuse there "power." They're just as capable of being as big an a-hole as the common Joe Blow. What the hell do the links above have to do with this case? There is video evidence, not to mention video/audio of witnesses who boarded a bus and told the bus driver what they saw. But let me guess, you're ignoring that part. Is that part of "the code"?

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-02-2011 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-02-2011, 04:31 PM

If you're homeless & live in fullerton you best be careful. The one eyed cop who killed the victim sure is a bad apple. ALL 6 of them are & i bet they arent the only ones. It seems the higher ups in the fullerton police dept were hiding this. They all sound like pure scum & im glad i dont live in or near fullerton.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:11 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,547,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Moderator cut: snip I've been following this death by hands of the Fullerton Police on another forum for a couple of weeks now. Currently the FBI in now involved in the investigation and the family of the MENTALLY ILL homeless man has been offer $900,000 so far to make this go away. Here is a better link with more information and a VERY GRAPHIC picture of Kelly Thomas in the hospital right after the beating that caused his eventual death. Needless to say Rodney King got a lighter beating than this person. Kelly Thomas was no saint but the beating he got by the six Fullerton LEO's is unacceptable at the very least and more likely criminal. Very detailed ongoing info of the case is found on the OC Register.

Kelly Thomas: Police beat and taser 'gentle' mentally-ill homeless man to death | Mail Online

Kelly Thomas’ dad: $900,000 offered to settle | thomas, kelly, ron - News - The Orange County Register
that first pic is nasty, I didn't even click on the second link. I was scared

Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 PM

All 6 are now on paid administrative leave. Only took 28 days.... and a boatload of publicity.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:16 PM

At the city council meeting today, the council shut down public comments after only one woman spoke. There will be another opportunity for public comments, let's see how quick they shut that one down.

Interesting piece of info: 2 councilmen are 2 former Fullerton police chiefs. Hmmm......

I got this info listening to an interview of Kelly Thomas's father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County