U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM

9,721 posts, read 18,362,907 times

Advertisements

Fullerton sounds corrupt to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM

6,475 posts, read 9,891,424 times
There's supposed to have been a second session for public comments. Will be watching the news for it.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 AM

Whats the latest news.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Well, the 2nd session for public comments was held. Watched it live on the city's website. People voicing their outrage, calling for the police chief's resignation.

Also, the person that offered Ron Thomas (Kelly's dad) a $900,000 settlement was NOT the city attorney, but the guy whose company wrote and sold FPD their handbook regarding use of force. Hmm... interesting, isn't it?

Old 08-03-2011, 05:24 PM

The cops on the tape are busted & they know it. Just wait till that tape is released to the public. It will be viewed world wide & chief of police mike sellers should be fired but we all know that wont happen. Cops....ugh!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
The cops on the tape are busted & they know it. Just wait till that tape is released to the public. It will be viewed world wide & chief of police mike sellers should be fired but we all know that wont happen. Cops....ugh!
One of the councilmen (woman) has told the mayor to ask the chief to resign immediately.

Also, the person that offered Thomas the $900,000 is now denying that ever happened. The dummy had an accountant in tow when he met with Thomas. Thomas has the accountant's business card and paperwork itemizing the settlement offer. Thomas has given the contact info to John & Ken of KFI radio.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,767,103 times
Here's a link to the John and Ken show page that has an image of the contract and a video of Kelly Thomas' father addressing the City Council: http://www.johnandkenshow.com/

Old 08-06-2011, 05:11 AM

10,494 posts, read 23,132,950 times
I am not saying I agree with this video, but it is worth watching. After watching it, I might have been wrong on what I said earlier in the thread.

‪Police Beating of Kelly Thomas in Fullerton, CA (George4title Report)‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 AM

3,813 posts, read 3,647,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Moderator cut: rude Who the heck says we're lumping all officers into one mess? Just these 6. Besides, it's no surprise that a LOT of cops do abuse there "power." They're just as capable of being as big an a-hole as the common Joe Blow. What the hell do the links above have to do with this case? There is video evidence, not to mention video/audio of witnesses who boarded a bus and told the bus driver what they saw. But let me guess, you're ignoring that part. Is that part of "the code"?
There is no code. You are living in the 1950's. Cops don't cover for other cops; it just doesn't happen the way it used too. Look at the generation of police officers. The new/newer ones are only in it for "me." They don't care about you, your life, or what happens too you. That includes me. They will "rat out" another officer faster then you can blink an eyelash.

Video evidence IS NOT always reliable. People think it is, because hell, they've been watching it most of their lives. Quite often, what you see, really isn't what you see, or what is truly going on. There are, quite often, circumstances you do not know, nor will you ever know. You are given an ignorant, uneducated opinion, to what you think you see. See the issues there?

The links have alot to do with this case. As I said, the video shows NOTHING. So some people standing around said the cops beat the man; maybe they did, maybe they did not. But you can't use the people's statements. Witness statements are horribly innaccurate. The links show how often people make up false complaints against police, up to and including putting them into dinner.

Now, again, so its PERFECTLY CLEAR: IF these officers are found to have beaten this person to death and the person did not die due to a drug/alchol overdose or excited delirium, or a host of other issues, then yes, prosecute them and give them stiff jail times.

However, I've been on the receiving end of the same, very nasty media coverage, with people like YOU lambasting me, cursing me, calling for my death, etc. All based upon a "video" which did not lie; well, the video DID lie. It did NOT show the truth and when the truth came out, did any of YOU apologize to me? My family? How about the commuity activists who called for my resignation? Not a peep...cricket. cricket. cricket.

In most of these cases, I wait for the FACTS to come out. Not an emotional, knee jerk reaction, which is what is happening on this thread. NONE of you were there. NONE of you know the full facts of what occurred. NONE of you should be condeming ANYONE at this point.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,938,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
There is no code.
Do you actually think we are going to fall for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County