Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 04:20 PM

13 posts, read 36,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
The problem is they don't believe that. Their culture and tradition says have big families. By virtue of that, they will outgrow, outnumber and outlast our culture. Poverty is not a hinderance to them; it's where they have been thriving--according to their values--for generations.

We stand back and judge them according to our values while we grab our one child and flee. Our culture has lost its backbone. Considering the spineless people we elect again and again to represent us, we seem to be acting out an impulse of cultural suicide.

It does not appear we will ever dare risk being called racists to enact sane immigration laws. So unless we double or triple our birth rates--which would require a change in our values--they will dominate socially, culturally and economically in a few generations. Ultimately it's just a numbers game.
Robust taxi culture in rural Georgia - Framework - Photos and Video - Visual Storytelling from the Los Angeles Times

Carlos Santiago, 19, with his wife, Cynthia Flores,18, and their baby girl, Lisbeth, holds a picture of his parents, who recently went back to their native Mexico. Carlos says, “They came here Georgia with me 10 years ago to make a better life,” but they recently began to fear deportation under Georgia’s tough new laws. Carlos and Cynthia are local high school graduates, speak English and say they feel American, not Mexican.

18 and already had a baby.
How much you want to bet the baby and mother receive social services?

Old 11-18-2011, 05:10 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
The problem is they don't believe that. Their culture and tradition says have big families. By virtue of that, they will outgrow, outnumber and outlast our culture. Poverty is not a hinderance to them; it's where they have been thriving--according to their values--for generations.

We stand back and judge them according to our values while we grab our one child and flee. Our culture has lost its backbone. Considering the spineless people we elect again and again to represent us, we seem to be acting out an impulse of cultural suicide.

It does not appear we will ever dare risk being called racists to enact sane immigration laws. So unless we double or triple our birth rates--which would require a change in our values--they will dominate socially, culturally and economically in a few generations. Ultimately it's just a numbers game.
At the end of the day, however, Hispanic culture is still more or less a Western European culture (with Native American seasoning). As the world falls apart, that culture will appear a near ally compared with the anti Western barbarian fiends.

Let us not forget the Visigoth armies facing the Hun. That blood is now here. It is not all bad.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The opposite is true of people from south of our border; Only the poorest, least educated of their folks make it here. You don't see too many Mexican and Salvadoran doctors and engineers sneaking over here.
Correct, they come legit as H1Bs or other elite visas and are now at least 10%ers -

Old 11-18-2011, 11:48 PM

1,740 posts, read 957,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post

Let us not forget the Visigoth armies facing the Hun. That blood is now here. It is not all bad.
Oh great, now the Visigoths are sneaking over the border too

Old 11-19-2011, 12:23 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkiktd View Post
I myself am a sucker for historical homes and the stories that go along with them.
Really. Not to get off-topic, but my grandmother's house back in PA was built in the mid 1700's, and has had little upgrades since. It's actually got the original horse hair plaster walls and wavy old-fashioned glass in the windows. My house in PA is much newer. It was built in 1843, lol.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
It does not appear we will ever dare risk being called racists to enact sane immigration laws.
Ah, political correctness. America's Achilles heel in the 21'st century. It's gotten so bad that you can no longer refer to a Mexican as a Mexican without raising an eyebrow in the wrong company. The funny thing is, the "wrong company" I'm referring to are the liberal whites. They seem to be the only group that's actually offended by even the slightest hint of political incorrectness. Ironically, they don't mind being called "white" themselves, yet they'll chastise the living hell out of you for calling an African-American a "black".

Political correctness was born from a time in our country when those at the prime of their lives knew little of what it was like to truly suffer. There were no dust bowls or depressions for the children of America's Greatest Generation. Instead, there were the boom-years of the 80's and 90's. Sure there were a couple of recessions in the 70's and 80's, but it was peanuts compared to the hell their parents had to endure. For example, my grandfather enjoyed two and a half years of crawling across Europe on his belly, being shot at, and hiding under piles of dead American soldiers to avoid being captured by the Nazis. Before that, he spent a year in a Panama hospital in quarantine, stricken with "Jungle Rot", which is essentially a mild form of Leprosy. All this, just so he could watch his son grow his hair out like a girl in college, protest a war against the greatest threat to our economic and social ideology at that time, burn and trample the flag he fought to protect, and decree himself a "hippie". My father has come a long way as a human being since then, however if he had half the balls and backbone that his father before him had....I wonder how different I would have turned out. While it pains me deeply to make such a statement, I cannot deny it's truth.

Over time, the ideology of my father's generation evolved into the p.c. movement, the neo-hippie culture, and finally the "1%ers" that you see laying in the streets "occupying" something....what they're occupying, I don't think they even know. Christ, I remember how exited some of my parent's disgusting hippie friends were when the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq first broke out. They tried to hide it, but they were so transparent....They were literally waiting for years to relive their glory-days as full-blown "activists", and their time had finally arrived.

These are all people who take for granted the sacrifices that so many made before them, just so they'd have the right to criticize and protest everyone and everything. They are utterly ignorant to the reality of what it means to be an American. They're disgusted with the founding principals of this great nation, and they'll always be disgusted with them no matter what...Because theirs is an empty cause and a crusade to nowhere. It's a culture all of it's own. Hippies and p.c. fascists are the cancer of this nation. They are the enablers of our cultural decline, and the police force of society's dregs. They are without question the embodiment of treason on every level imaginable.

What makes me hopeful for our future, is seeing so many young people hearing and responding to the call to stand up and fight for our country and what we still stand for here. We're living in an age where it's so easy and culturally acceptable to choose to live a self-absorbed lifestyle and ignore our duties as Americans. There's no draft. Hell, I don't think anyone cares anymore if a young man doesn't even bother registering for it when he turns 18. Yet I still see and hear of so many young people volunteering and risking their lives for all of us....Even the 1%ers and neo-hippies who would just as soon spit in these kid's faces if given the chance.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:06 AM

9 posts, read 46,861 times
Orange county going down! Los angeles rising!

Old 11-21-2011, 03:39 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,391,410 times
I left the O.C. (ol' historic Anaheim) in 2002 making $11.75 an hour and living in a little old rental house that was built in 1917. I had no hopes of ever affording a home in Anaheim or anywhere near the Yorba Linda or Placentia neighborhoods where I was raised. When I left in 2002, I was the only white girl living on my street. Most of my street was Hispanic with two Japanese families living in two neighboring homes. I had my back fence burnt down when a kid threw a joint in our trash can in the alley; I had to rescue my neighbor's pit bull when they tied her to clothes lines in the backyard and went on vacation; and I'd be awakened by the sounds of sirens and gunfire several times a week. I felt very isolated and alone but I felt stuck based on what I could afford (and yes, I had a roommate).

I spent two years bouncing around No. California before I relocated to Phoenix in 2004. Didn't escape diversity, but did finish my Bachelors, greatly increased my salary, and met my husband.

I have only returned to the O.C. 4 or 5 times since leaving in 2002. Honestly, I hate it. It isn't what it was back in the 80's and 90's. It takes 30 minutes to drive 8 miles during non-rush hour times in Anaheim/Anaheim Hills/Yorba Linda. Believe me, Phoenix isn't perfect and my husband and I are currently looking for our next relocation adventure, but the O.C. is not even a fragment of what it used to be and I find that sad.

But what I do find surprising is the number of people I graduated H.S. with that have never left!! How they can afford to live there, or how they can tolerate living there, I don't know.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:59 PM

Here's something fascinating. For the second time in two days, someone from Asia has expressed to me that they are growing weary of California ... why? Because to them, it's TOO dominated by non European and non African groups, and they feel like they are not in the "real" USA! They both want to move to the Eastern US. What a crack up.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I left the O.C. (ol' historic Anaheim) in 2002 making $11.75 an hour and living in a little old rental house that was built in 1917. I had no hopes of ever affording a home in Anaheim or anywhere near the Yorba Linda or Placentia neighborhoods where I was raised. When I left in 2002, I was the only white girl living on my street. Most of my street was Hispanic with two Japanese families living in two neighboring homes. I had my back fence burnt down when a kid threw a joint in our trash can in the alley; I had to rescue my neighbor's pit bull when they tied her to clothes lines in the backyard and went on vacation; and I'd be awakened by the sounds of sirens and gunfire several times a week. I felt very isolated and alone but I felt stuck based on what I could afford (and yes, I had a roommate).

I spent two years bouncing around No. California before I relocated to Phoenix in 2004. Didn't escape diversity, but did finish my Bachelors, greatly increased my salary, and met my husband.
Have you considered the northeast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County