U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2012, 12:00 AM
 
Location: A Van in SoCal
141 posts, read 73,497 times
Reputation: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Nationwide, 53.4% of Hispanics claim white. 36.8% claim "other".

In Orange County, 49.6% of Hispanics claim white. 42.4% claim "other".

Per census 2010. American FactFinder - Results
Yeah and back here on planet earth, ALL predominantly White countries are being forced to accept massive non-white immigration. The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan have a RACE problem that can only be solved by bringing in millions of third worlders and “assimilating” with them.

 
Old 01-05-2012, 12:04 AM
 
Location: LB/OC for now...
5,112 posts, read 11,306,726 times
Reputation: 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVan View Post
Yeah and back here on planet earth, ALL predominantly White countries are being forced to accept massive non-white immigration. The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan have a RACE problem that can only be solved by bringing in millions of third worlders and “assimilating” with them.
They're not being forced, they're allowing it. There is a difference
 
Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Status: "The official bad boy of City Data Forum" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
28,833 posts, read 8,473,636 times
Reputation: 6088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
EXACTLY, you said it yourself. End of discussion.
If a business owner caters to Hispanics, he doesn't have to put up the sign in English!

Yes, plenty Hispanics speak English, practically all of them, but many still prefer Spanish simply because they are immigrants that aren't fluent in English. I didn't make any "uninformed assumption" about anyone. Just look at Little Saigon, don't you think most Vietnamese speak English? Well duuuhhh, its just that they might prefer having Vietnamese better.

You say "I can speak both languages and a shopowner can put whatever language they want on their signs, however they shouldn't be surprised if not everyone is happy about it." Ofcourse they aren't surpirsed, but why should they care about putting it in English if they aren't CATERING to English speakers? And you want to bring some "Sanity" back? Everyone says they want to have their freedom of this, and freedom of that, blah blah blah, but then they get mad when someone else is exercising that freedom. I'm done with that argument.

Cheers!
Are you paying ANY attention to what you write? Do you not see that you are getting mad at me exercising my right to express a preference for English as the language that should be used in the United States? Start thinking about what you read and you will realize that what I wrote was a call for freedom for all people - those who want to "cater" to Spanish speakers can advertise in Spanish - those who think that this should not be done can express that opinion. Note that I am not on either side - I was defending the poster above that you attacked and was playing devil's advocate - I am neutral on this topic - I frequent businesses that have signs in Spanish while understanding the position of those who think English should be our language for government business NOT private business. And if you are "done with tha argument" then stop arguing. You make no sense.
 
Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 AM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
8,464 posts, read 10,857,343 times
Reputation: 5966
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVan View Post
Yeah and back here on planet earth, ALL predominantly White countries are being forced to accept massive non-white immigration. The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan have a RACE problem that can only be solved by bringing in millions of third worlders and “assimilating” with them.
Not sure why you quoted me, but none of ^this has anything to do with the safety or lack thereof of Irvine or Santa Ana.
__________________
Moderator for Los Angeles, The Inland Empire, the Washington state forums, & Co-Mod for the North Dakota forums
 
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 AM
 
Location: A Van in SoCal
141 posts, read 73,497 times
Reputation: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
They're not being forced, they're allowing it. There is a difference
I beg to differ. The American people ARE being forced. Here in the United States for instance, the Federal Government has ALLOWED illegal immigration by not properly securing our border.

The Federal government is even suing the state of Arizona for trying to use the methods at their disposal to curtail illegal immigration into their state. Therefore the American people are being forced to deal with it.

Our military is SUPPOSED to be protecting OUR border but instead they are "helping" other countries in the Middle East and elsewhere.

You are correct in a sense though. If Americans don't start standing up to the corrupt federal government, it will be the end of this country as we know it. That's why I'm speaking up about it.
 
Old 01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Orange County
55 posts, read 71,347 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are you paying ANY attention to what you write? Do you not see that you are getting mad at me exercising my right to express a preference for English as the language that should be used in the United States? Start thinking about what you read and you will realize that what I wrote was a call for freedom for all people - those who want to "cater" to Spanish speakers can advertise in Spanish - those who think that this should not be done can express that opinion. Note that I am not on either side - I was defending the poster above that you attacked and was playing devil's advocate - I am neutral on this topic - I frequent businesses that have signs in Spanish while understanding the position of those who think English should be our language for government business NOT private business. And if you are "done with tha argument" then stop arguing. You make no sense.
What are you talking about? Are you really THAT ignorant? You contradicted yourself three times buddy! Your post is so confusing! It goes like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Do you not see that you are getting mad at me exercising my right to express a preference for English as the language that should be used in the United States
Yes, you have all the right to say that, but if you're being rational about things, then why do you contradict that statement with this????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Start thinking about what you read and you will realize that what I wrote was a call for freedom for all people
BUT wait!? You want to take away people freedom to put signs in spanish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ummmmmmm...... maybe because Santa Ana is located in the United States of America NOT Los Unidos Estados de Mexico? The primary language in this county is English. We may need to make it the legal one just to bring some sanity back.
See you said it. contradiction "Amigo."
Then this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I frequent businesses that have signs in Spanish while understanding the position of those who think English should be our language for [i]government business NOT private business.
Okay only for "government business" but not for "private business?" But remember this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ummmmmmm...... maybe because Santa Ana is located in the United States of America NOT Los Unidos Estados de Mexico? The primary language in this county is English. We may need to make it the legal one just to bring some sanity back.
You just brought up this "government" and "private" thing up. You don't even know what your trying to say buddy.

In conclusion, you want English to be the primary language in the country, which is fine because you can say that. But you want freedom for all people? Well, you will be taking freedom away by setting English as the primary language....

See where im going. Santa Ana residents, just like anyone else in ANY 1st world country, can post up signs in WHATEVER language they want because that is FREEDOM remember? And freedom is what you want? So why take it away from others? I think I make a lot more sense than you do.

Cheers!
 
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Orange County
55 posts, read 71,347 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVan View Post
1. The freedoms people refer to are for CITIZENS.

2. Japanese people have Japan. Mexican people have Mexico. People of European descent have not one sliver of land on this earth to call their own; not even Europe, our homeland. All the lands that have been developed by people of European descent are being deluged with other peoples and if we ask for even a tiny sliver for our selves we are accused of being horrible racists. That's anti-White and guess what? We're starting to notice and we're starting to care. It doesn't mean we don't like people who aren't White but it means, just like Japanese people, that we feel our race and cultures are worthy of being preserved. Deluging ALL predominantly White/European countries with non-White people amounts to nothing less than genocide of my people.
You're off topic. This has nothing to do with Safety in Santa Ana.

By the way, boooo hooo that we don't have a "homeland." Get over it. I have never seen a Japanese say that they hate foreigners that go to Japan because it is their homeland... You're calling for a land that is 100% white? That is RIDICULOUS! Mexico isnt 100% Mexican, Japan isn't 100% Japanese! Go ahead and preserve your dang culture! I'm white, and last time i checked, no one came to my house to tell me i can't make Apple Pies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVan View Post
Deluging ALL predominantly White/European countries with non-White people amounts to nothing less than genocide of my people.
Do you know the definition of genocide? I don't see mass killings in any predominantly Caucasian country. You are brainwashed dude. Get on with your life please, this doesn't affect ANYONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVan View Post
All the lands that have been developed by people of European descent are being deluged with other peoples and if we ask for even a tiny sliver for our selves we are accused of being horrible racists.
You know who was the last person to try that? Hitler. What happened to him? this forum is about cities, take you're amazingly naive ideas to StormFront.
 
Old 01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Orange County
55 posts, read 71,347 times
Reputation: 49
Please, lets get back on topic.
 
Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Status: "The official bad boy of City Data Forum" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
28,833 posts, read 8,473,636 times
Reputation: 6088
Whatever urban planner - I did not contradict myself at all. It is you making assumptions about what I think that is the problem. Let me make it very clear. I would NEVER support a law that made PRIVATE businesses post signs only in English. I do have a problem with government paperwork being available in several different langauges. Now when you can demonstrate an abillity to put preconceptions aside and read a post objectively - get back to me.
 
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Status: "The official bad boy of City Data Forum" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
28,833 posts, read 8,473,636 times
Reputation: 6088
Glenn County ordered to provide Spanish language election materials

This is the type of multi-language nonsense that offends me, not a business owner who seeks to attract persons who speak a certain langauge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top