Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 02:31 PM

29 posts, read 83,262 times

Advertisements

We're considering a move to Orange County in the spring and would love any information pertaining to which area is family friendly and has top notch schools? What can you tell me about schools in SC or YL? We do prefer being near the beach, so SC seems most appealing to us, but read that YL has amazing schools. Are there any other areas we should consider? We work out of our homes, have children 11 and younger, and our price range is 800-875K. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 PM

378 posts, read 757,819 times
Schools are great in San Clemente. SC high school has an international baccalaureate program. The schools from elementary to high school are all highly rated. Definitely look on the beach side of the 5 freeway. I'm afraid I don't have Yorba Linda info for you; hopefully someone else on the board here can give you the details.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:46 PM

526 posts, read 467,272 times
Yorba Linda has a new high school which looks very nice. The PYLUSD is considered to be good, but as someone who went through the PYLUSD all the way from Elementary School through High School, I didn't think the education was anything extraordinary. There are definitely a ton of families in Yorba Linda. As someone who lived in Yorba Linda from 2nd grade through after college, it's not a very interesting place to live. While the kids are young, it is probably not going to make a difference to them, but when they are high school age, I imagine they would appreciate living by the beach more. Don't know what the schools are like out there. Yorba Linda is a very safe city that is 20 minutes from Disneyland. That's pretty much how I described it to people who were unfamiliar with YL. If you do pick Yorba Linda, don't go East of the Weir Canyon Road/La Palma intersection. There are tons of houses in those communities, but there are very few shopping centers once you get that far east. It's mostly just other houses. My family still lives in Yorba Linda and love it and have no plans to move. Definitely a nice city, but on the boring side for a younger crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County