U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM

590 posts, read 1,065,898 times

Advertisements

Also. Tustin high is not called foothill Tustin. Just Tustin high. Foothill high is just foothill high. No town in it's name.

Just a btw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM

69 posts, read 153,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Too many people come here and say "I want a super safe, family oriented community with great schools and large lots and a lot of parks. Preferably no more than a mile from the ocean. It also has to be affordable. And I want it to have a lot of character (no cookie cutter) and a walkable downtown."
The fantasy isn't complete without the "down to Earth people", preferably in Newport Coast or Corona del Mar.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 PM

6 posts, read 7,763 times
Default Moving to South OC

We are beginning to look around at different areas in south OC, like San Clemente, Dana Point, etc. Our kids are out so we are not concerned about schools and we will be working in San Clemente. Should we care about the nuclear power plantin SC? How about Mission Viejo or Aliso Niejo? We would prefer proximity to the beach. Thanks

Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 666 times
Yes it is fantastic place to relocate prefer southern part of it.It is convenient and has great localities.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:13 PM

26,403 posts, read 62,617,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurserosie View Post
Also. Tustin high is not called foothill Tustin. Just Tustin high. Foothill high is just foothill high. No town in it's name.

Just a btw
You still need to differentiate tustin Foothill form the other Foothill High School. Perhaps it owudl make you happier if I used Foothill High in Tustin instead of Tustin Foothill High School?

You have better notify the school as well. At sporting events or other places where they are referenced they are frequently referenced as Tustin Foothill in order to distinguish them. They need to correct that mistake.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM

Having lived within a few miles of both of these high schools...unless I am losing my sight...

Foothill High School is on the corner of Newport Ave and Foothill Ave..in the unincorporated area also known as North Tustin..part of the Tustin School District tho..mascot is the Knights (I see the huge signs several times a week)

Tustin High School is on El Camino Real, Tustin..also part of the Tustin School district..mascot the Tillers..again..see the sign all the time...and no..it does not read Tustin Foothill..just Tustin Hight School..

I just did a thorough search..and can find NO high school referred to as Foothill Tustin...

if you can give me an address I will look again....

not that it matters...tho Foothill is supposed to be a better academic school..its campus is big and beautiful..likely or maybe because the hood it services is pretty affluent

Tustin HIgh School is not that great academically..at one point many of its students came from the Helicopter Base on RedHill...south of Redhill the area is primarily apts and smaller homes...no comparision with the Foothill High School hood...believe me..I live here

again..if their is a Foothill Tustin..please tell me where it is...I couldn't find any school using that name...(even Foothill HIgh does not put Tustin in front of it..at least not in the 25 years I have driven past it..)

Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM

26,403 posts, read 62,617,980 times
Try searching for "Foothill in Tustin." The use of Tustin Foothill is simply an alternate use of language. Kind of like saying Santa Ana Sergerstrom High.

That Segerstom high is in Santa Ana. It is not called "Santa Ana Segerstorm." The Foothill High school I am referring to is in Tustin (or Tustin Hills if you will). It is a way of distnguishing it from Foothill High school in Palo Cedro, or Pleasanton or any other Foothill High Schools. Thus rather than saying "Foothill High School in Pleasanton" or "Foothill High school in Tustin" it is common in the English language to say "Tustin Foothill High School" and "Pleasanton Foothill High school" At athletic events and other competitions it is shortented to "Tustin Foothill" Pleanston Foothill" It is an adjective desribing the noun, not part of the name itself.

Enginlish is not your primary language I take it?

And that is your English lesson for today.

Last edited by Coldjensens; 03-13-2012 at 02:50 PM..

Old 03-13-2012, 03:45 PM

LOL...yeah English is my primary...and only language..

I searched as you suggested..and could find NO listing as Tustin Foothill HIgh..only as I pointed out

actually until the NOrth Tustin moniker was made up(yep it is not a real town)...Foothill high on Foothill and Newport actually has a SAnta Ana Addy...as do all areas in this unincorporated areas...funny is that we have next door neighbors who insist they live in NOrth Tustin..we have always used SAnta Ana..

I will take your word for it that at sporting events and such..the distinction likely must be made...but next time you go by Foothill HIgh please send me a photo of a sign that reads Tustin Foothill High...

obviously a generic sorta sounding name like Foothill can exist in many different towns and areas..

change of subject...I come from a town in Westchester County NY that is totally unique..not another town with the name on the planet..same thing for our high school...

but I get your drift that Foothill is pretty common is many areas..which is why the sporting events likely address the area

Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 AM

26,346 posts, read 82,779,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfromtxtoca View Post

1) Need to find a area with good schools for both of my kids.
2) area has good swimming team club nearby.

School Performance Maps is a start

World Famous Mission Viejo Nadadores but that isn't reasonably close to Orange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or