Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 06:30 AM

5 posts, read 52,755 times

Advertisements

As we are finishing our home finding trip (relo from NJ), we are zooming in on a newly built single family home at The Pasadera community (Shae Homes) in Aliso Viejo.
Really liked the villages Of Irvine before, it's school reviews but simply I would get more for my buck in Aliso Viejo it seems. BUT, I know very little about the Pasadera community, Aliso Viejo and the elementary school it belongs to (oak grove).
I would appreciate your feedback on any or all of the above especially on the school. I have my expectations set right, so I know it is not going to be NJ standard and probably not as good as an Irivine school, but absolutely no clue how good or bad the school is and if bad, any other options exist.

And last, if anyone has any hints on a short term rent until September in the area that would be fantastic!

Really appreciate the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
I’m also a transplant from the NE (Manhattan), but I’ve lived in Aliso Viejo for several years, so I may be able to help with specific questions you might have about AV.

Regarding schools, Irvine schools do tend to be top ranked and are rated higher than most of those in surrounding communities, including Aliso Viejo, but I can’t answer your questions about Oak Grove. Still, the schools are said to be good both in Aliso and in South County in general.

Someone else would be able to give you firsthand information. In the meantime, try this Great Schools site for info:
GreatSchools.org Search: oak grove elementary school, aliso viejo, ca

St. Mary’s in Aliso Viejo has an International Baccalaureate program, and might be option if you have concerns about Oak Grove, but others would know more about this:
St. Mary's School | Private IB World School in Orange County, California

About a short-term apartment rental, check-out Alicante Apartments on Aliso Creek Road. I stayed there when I first moved to Aliso Viejo and found management to be responsive; and the grounds are clean and well-maintained. The complex is large with plenty of grassy areas. What’s more, it’s very easy to meet people there.

Alicante Apartments | Aliso Viejo, CA | Sequoia Equities - YouTube
and
Aliso Viejo Apartments | Alicante Apartment Homes in Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Last edited by pacific2; 04-01-2012 at 10:12 AM..

Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
About Pasadera, as you know, it’s new, so apart from just being in Aliso Viejo, there probably isn’t much of a sense of being in a separate community.

Unlike Irvine (pop= 212,375 in 66 sq. mi), Aliso is a very small city (pop=47,823 in 7.5 sq. mi) without identifiable, or developer-proclaimed, “villages.”

Everyone seems to do most of their day- to-day shopping at Town Center and makes use of the same City amenities.

Last edited by pacific2; 04-01-2012 at 11:27 AM..

Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,852,517 times
I second Alicante as an apt complex that is safe and fun to stay in.

We moved there from CT and were happy. We used another elemntary school; elementary schools are less of a concern, can tell you that the middle school was good.

We looked at the shea houses back in 2008 and felt they were too close to each other and di not like the floorplans. We felt you get more for your money in the rest of AV and even Laguna Niguel. Hopefully you have found what works for you.

Unfortunately we had to move out due to job change, so never bought anything.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 52,755 times
Thanks so much, everyone, very helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County