Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 12:41 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Love the pictures Vegas! I always love pictures of Trabuco Canyon Rd. It is wierd to see a road so rural in a place like Orange County, which you usually think of as endless array of single family homes.
Thanks! RSM is a really nice community. Just like everywhere else in greater LA-- and other urban areas in the western US, for that matter-- the flatlands are all urbanized so you have to get into more hilly terrain to start seeing a little bit of nature. It's kind of a predictable formula. I'd like to come back to Trabuco Canyon in the spring after it rains a lot and looks greener (let's hope so).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 09:50 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,191,282 times
My neck of the woods! I love the rural feel to TC.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 13,188 times
I am really enjoying this thread! My son just moved to Ervine in August and haven't gotten a pic yet! He says there are no mountains to go over and from seeing the pictures I do not think he is levelling with mom!!! lol I have a real thing about mountains. He is 5 min from Ervine UC he says. Thanks for all who posted pics.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
I only get to visit the OC about once a yr. I loved seeing all these beautiful pictures!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:24 AM

2,498 posts, read 11,438,813 times
The city of Rancho Santa Margarita is located east of O'Neill Regional Park and Mission Viejo in a valley directly below Saddleback Mountain. From the freeway, Alicia Parkway and Oso Parkway are the major streets that one can get to RSM using. The 241 tollroad also runs through the city with several exits (for a price). RSM is one of the youngest cities in all of Orange County, with most development being done in the 90's. The community is master planned and features parks, trails, a lake in a city park, and shopping centers.

RSM Library located near Central Park and Plaza El Paseo

This fountain is in front of RSM City Hall. You can see the small movie theater across the street.

There is the new city hall/civic plaza behind the fountain.

Target is a major anchor in the Town Center

This little strip near Lowe's has a bunch of places like Pasta Bravo, Pizza, Pick up Stix, etc...

RSM Post Office in a plaza I have always thought is really ugly. My kids' orthodontist is a few doors down.

This RSM street known as "Candy Cane Lane" (really El Corzo) takes Christmas to the max.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:40 PM

342 posts, read 1,427,918 times
Thanks for the photo's of Rancho Santa Margarita - my nephew lives there.

Is that the same "Candy Cane Lane" that just aired on the HGTV show. They were saying that everyone who lives there "must" decorate. A couple of the owners are jewish - but go along with the tradition. There may be more than one 'candy cane lane' in souther CA. I can't even imagine the time it takes to put that all up and then - - - -take it all down. And pay the electric bill. But it is sure beautiful and so fun for the kids to see.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Great photography!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:01 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,634 times
Default Chicago is Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Yeah I know it's rare to have it there, but I'm just saying that it's possible and it's great that we don't get too much of it too often like some cities out in the Mid-West that border Lake Michigan and have funny accents and think they're better than LA that we won't name.

If you don't understand..I meant Chicago. I can't stand that place.

How dare you Chicago rocks. Chicago also funds Orange County. More tourist come to the OC from Chicago than anywhere else. One of my friends owns a home in Laguna Beach. Chicago wins best of the big 3 cities by far. LA and NYC just have too much pollution and their skylines cannot compare. I really like LA mainly for the weather, but LA can be miserable in large doses. Anyway NYC was named 4th most miserable city, Chicago was 6th, and Los Angeles was 7th.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 AM

499 posts, read 2,157,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Is that in the Aliso Town Center? Near the Ralphs and Barnes and Nobles?
I remember they took the old one down and this must be what replaced it.

Looks really nice for a Taco Bell. You wouldn't be surprised if the took off the Taco Bell sign and put up "PF Changs" or "El Torito Grill" or something.
Cool picture! It reminds me of an old saying: "You can dress the monkey in silk, but she's still a monkey."

Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveOC View Post
Thanks for the photo's of Rancho Santa Margarita - my nephew lives there.

Is that the same "Candy Cane Lane" that just aired on the HGTV show. They were saying that everyone who lives there "must" decorate. A couple of the owners are jewish - but go along with the tradition. There may be more than one 'candy cane lane' in souther CA. I can't even imagine the time it takes to put that all up and then - - - -take it all down. And pay the electric bill. But it is sure beautiful and so fun for the kids to see.
I think a lot of family-friendly smaller cities within this megalopolis of SoCal have one. El Segundo has one on Acacia. Maybe once I get my DSLR for Chanuka I'll take pics of it and post in the LA photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County