U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 11:28 AM

3 posts, read 3,413 times

Advertisements

I am taking a job transfer to Orange County for work and will be moving in July. Our office is located in Irvine, close to the John Wayne airport.

I'm looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment for no more than $2100 per month. Is this a realistic price in a safe neighborhood close to Irvine? What cities and areas do you recommend to live in? I have no children.

I do not want to have a long commute to work. It's a MUST that I live somewhat close to the office. (No more than a 20 min commute)

I'm looking for any advice you have - thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,858,401 times
You will have no problem finding a place in Irvine.

http://www.rental-living.com/

Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 1,829 times
I live in Newport Beach and work in the Irvine financial district directly adjacent to John Wayne Airport near Main and MacArthur. Both Costa Mesa and Newport are the most attractive options with commutes to Irvine around 10-15 mins, plus at your price point of $2100 you will definitely find a quality 2 bedroom. Further, if you lead an active social life Newport/Costa Mesa will provide anything and everything you desire. Irvine will be a little more homogeneous as far as the look and feel of the community and is definitely more of a "bedroom" community comprised of mostly families. This being said: drive around, do your due diligence, see it all first hand and you will find the perfect place.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 PM

26,435 posts, read 62,677,450 times
second Newport Beach. Balboa villiage (not island) if possible. It will take you more than 20 minutes to get home sometimes in the summer, but the mornings will be fine. Worth it to have lots of neat places to hang out, fabulous people wathcing and walk on the beach after dinner.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 PM

371 posts, read 646,296 times
Plenty of options at your price point.

You might be on the lowish end for a two bedroom, but check out Corona Del Mar, which is about 10 minutes down McArthur Blvd from the airport area. It's a gorgious, walkable community right on the beach.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 PM

28 posts, read 49,012 times
Check out Park Newport Apartments. My wife and I are on our second stint here after a year on the East Coast. Slightly older apartments so they aren't as fancy as a lot of the newer places - meaning no marble counters in the kitchens and things like that. But the places are very nice and spacious, rent is comparatively cheap and the amenities are amazing. Lots of families with kids here, especially in the townhouse models. It's honestly like living at a resort. And John Wayne is just around the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County