Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 04:24 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,833,185 times

Advertisements

now that california adventure is finally...FINALLY....up to speed with the final addition that is Cars Land, I thought it would be interesting to compare Disneyland Resort with the resort in Orlando which it is most like. Not the one with mouse.

I don't think any theme park resorts are more alike in layout and concept than are Disneyland Resort and Universal Orlando:

Two theme parks each (Disneyland, DCA; Studios, Islands of Adventure)
Shared space between them dedicated to shopping/dining/entertainment
(Downtown Disney; CityWalk)

Concentrated property that could be totally walked.

In contrast, Disney World is vastly different from each of them.

So how do you think these two compare as a total resort experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 09:18 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
One comes with suffocatingly humid Summertime weather.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
i can assure you, fontucky, that when i started the thread, i was well aware of the infinite advantages the golden state has over the sunshine state IMHO.....literally no contest.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 AM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Disneyland is a 2-3 day trip max. You can literally ride everything in 2 days and then one more for CA adventure. It's a great daytrip for folks in CA but not somewhere you'll stay for a week. DisneyWorld, and other resorts in Orlando, make it a much bigger, more expansive experience.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Disneyland is a 2-3 day trip max. You can literally ride everything in 2 days and then one more for CA adventure. It's a great daytrip for folks in CA but not somewhere you'll stay for a week. DisneyWorld, and other resorts in Orlando, make it a much bigger, more expansive experience.

but that's just it, Sassberto: I was comparing Disneyland not to Disney World, something incredibly extensive that there is nothing to compare to it.

my comparison was strictly between disneyland and universal orlando.

and as for offerings, they have basically the same: 2 theme parks, a shopping/dining/entertainment complex between them, and about 3 or 4 resort hotels.

i mean, of course, i agree with you that orlando's themed attractions beat anaheim's (no one is going to question that); i just was trying to compare two complexes that their very similar in structure.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:32 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post

Old 06-13-2012, 03:21 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
my comparison was strictly between disneyland and universal orlando.
Universal Orlando is where you go once you've exhausted Disney World, i.e. I didn't go until my third or fourth trip.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:28 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
I don't think any theme park resorts are more alike in layout and concept than are Disneyland Resort and Universal Orlando:
Except for the Magic Kingdom at WDW, which is nearly identical to Disneyland.

Wouldn't a better comparison for Universal Studios Orlando be the one in Hollywood?

Either way, the theme parks in FL trump CA's equivalents. They are bigger and better in pretty much every way.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Except for the Magic Kingdom at WDW, which is nearly identical to Disneyland.

Wouldn't a better comparison for Universal Studios Orlando be the one in Hollywood?

Either way, the theme parks in FL trump CA's equivalents. They are bigger and better in pretty much every way.
you're missing the comparison I'm trying to make. Disneyland Resort and Universal Orlando are about the same size and have the same type of composition.

Disney World is far, far bigger than Disneyland. Of course WDW shares plenty with Disneyland....they are DISNEY and the MK was built on the DL model, just as the Grand California was built ton the Grand Floridan model and numerous attractions (Soarin', Tower of Terror that aren't even in the MK or in Disneyland Park are both in WDW and DLR.

sav...my question is simple: COMPARE TWO RESORTS (DISNEYLAND RESORT AND UNIVERSAL ORLANDO) THAT HAVE A SIMILIAR SCOPE AND SIZE.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:09 PM

590 posts, read 1,249,420 times
They cannot be compared. You are mixing up apples and oranges.

Plus I see no mention of what each costs. And btw. If one goes to disneyland adding on Disney adventure should be considered in the equation

Personall I cannot even put universal and Disney in the same sentence

Sorry

Many have tried pointing out this to you and it seems you continually say we are no help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County