U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 AM

590 posts, read 1,069,601 times

Advertisements

Btw. Any police video can only document actions. Not reactions. Ie. Now you admit to not having both hands on the wheel as u used your phone to searching an alternative route
Thus. You did break the rule. Cop can't tell if you were texting or getting directions. In either case you were distracted by ca law

Again. The needing dental work is so ridiculous. As to be pathetic

Prisoners in the pen. Likely get very little dental work. And if they do. Probably wait many months.

Please don't do anything stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,346,243 times
Prisoners have the right to get treated for medical and dental issues. You cannot be turned down. I will risk it.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM

You may want to check out the regs on this. Am a healthcare professional for many years and know this has many many limitations.

Mostly only true emergencies are treated at the jail level. A few days does not qualify for "dental" work. Those in the pen. May get limited dental work. Which usually consists of extractions. .o crowns false teeth etc. If you are in a jail for a few days. Forget it

If you are a diabetic yes they must provide needed mess etc

But you are talking about dental work at a county jail!

Wow. To get yourself thrown into jail instead of paying a measly fine could come back to haunt you for the rest of your life

You need to really reconsider this

Your attitude could land you with more trouble than 170 bucks.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:24 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,346,243 times
Again I will risk it.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:34 PM

Good luck then

Old 07-08-2012, 04:08 AM

671 posts, read 962,397 times
So he is going to spend a good amount of $$$ for the gas, wear and tear on the car (It's long agonizing trip), time (is money), eating out, etc. of the sojourn from Slimey Valley to deep into OC. I presume he won't lose wages while on this field trip of his nor while "serving time"--more $$$ lost on top of other expenses.

This is just one of those angry guys who is just offended that he was caught in clear violation of the vehicle code (breaking the law, albeit an infraction) that "the man" cited him and now expects him to pay $170 on top of it. So, yeah, a record of conviction and jail time and all the fun and lack of earning any wages while in there and being told by the guards to "shut your friggin' mouth or I'll punch it for you. This aint no Marriott" when he requests free health services (or they just burst out laughing at him and offer go give him some REAL health problems that would warrant immediate attention) is the smart and economical thing to do compared to one of the cheapest moving violation fines (oh, yeah, he takes the points on his driving record and a little closer to paying more for insurance, how's that for economical) in existence. He'll never get it. He might get Community Service sentencing, but that costs in gas and time and more. At the end he will be out more than the fine. Whatever.

Let's stop wasting our time on this thread. I'm out.

Last edited by HarryKerryJr; 07-08-2012 at 04:17 AM..

Old 07-15-2012, 02:33 PM

Funny she never returned to report her experiences. Now talking about moving to Hawaii

Golleee. What no jail time to get your dental work done

Surprise surprise.

Perhaps you learned some reality. Tho I doubt it

Lol lol

Old 07-15-2012, 05:33 PM

6,662 posts, read 26,322,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
So then I should ask for jail time.
You would not get jail time, you would see detention center time. Prisoners in Federal and state prisons get medical. Detainees get meals.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:03 PM

Apparently she didn't get either!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM

26,346 posts, read 83,045,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I vote for West Court. Its marginally closer and the parking is easier than Central. The worst traffic will be getting through LA so that's going to suck regardless. Leave home by 5:30am. Eat dinner in OC and leave after 7pm.
I'd so something like this. Leave Simi early to beat traffic. Get to a Starbucks near your destination around 7-730. Drink coffee, post on City-Data, goof off online, people watch, then drive the last mile to your destination. I did this once and met someone from CD at a coffee joint once to catch a flight at SNA driving from Agoura.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or