U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 AM

17,413 posts, read 10,500,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheCars View Post
That's because your neighbors own the homes, they are not renters.
Actually some of the homes are occupied by renters, but not the vast majority. About 300 homes I believe in the development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 07:01 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,371,200 times
Default Why so many HOAs?

'Cause once they've outgrown Mommy's and Daddy's basement, some people just need a gubmint to tell them how to act.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:10 PM

193 posts, read 241,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually some of the homes are occupied by renters, but not the vast majority. About 300 homes I believe in the development.

Where my parents were living In Los Angeles county so much of the property was rented the area was getting run down... The city offered to pay $20,000 of the mortgage IF you agreed to live in the house you were buying. If you left early they would tag you back for them bucks.

As a general rule home owner take much better car of a home if they live in it rather than rent it... (Hmmm, they must ave a lil slumlord action within.)

Last edited by LordOfTheCars; 10-20-2012 at 11:37 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 04:28 AM

167 posts, read 232,553 times
Default No HOA for me

I love having no Hoa on my 10.6 acres. I can blast music, wash my car, park my trailer, burn trash, **** and drink beer..lol Freedom you and california HOA can stick it where the sun dont shine

Old 10-21-2012, 11:45 AM

26,346 posts, read 82,794,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad4143 View Post
I love having no Hoa on my 10.6 acres. I can blast music, wash my car, park my trailer, burn trash, **** and drink beer..lol Freedom you and california HOA can stick it where the sun dont shine
I envy you.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:03 PM

784 posts, read 829,966 times
I'm puzzled how people can actually want someone else to control what they can do on their own property?? Property values? I've seen plenty of "well kept" neighborhoods still lose thousands in value. It's none of your business what color I paint my house. If there's a real nuisance, trust me, city codes already cover those.

So what is the point of home ownership if I can't dictate what color it can be, when my garage door is open, how high my fence is, etc???What a joke.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM

33 posts, read 85,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
I'm puzzled how people can actually want someone else to control what they can do on their own property?? Property values? I've seen plenty of "well kept" neighborhoods still lose thousands in value. It's none of your business what color I paint my house. If there's a real nuisance, trust me, city codes already cover those.

So what is the point of home ownership if I can't dictate what color it can be, when my garage door is open, how high my fence is, etc???What a joke.
I completely understand your values. I, too, am torn on this topic. Personally, I don't like HOA's as I currently live in a neighborhood where everyone pretty much takes good care of their properties. However, don't underestimate how bothersome it is when a neighbor does something that gets under your skin.

My nextdoor neighbor, for example, buys junk cars (many of them) and parks them all on his driveway. Describing this doesn't truly paint a realistic picture of what an eyesore this can be. When I tried explaining to him that it's costing him more money to buy these junkers and paying a lot for repairs than it would be to simply buy a new, or good used car, he just ignores my advice. On one ocasion he purchased a very old and rusty FedEx cargo van. That was so upsetting that I nearly decided to move. That's how bad things can get.

So the bottom line here is that HOAs protect you from that "one" nutcase who has absolutely no regard for his house and his neighbors. It's sad that it has to be this way.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 AM

167 posts, read 232,553 times
Sorry your wrong, my place looks a lot better then these pics and your tiny back yard with your high utility bills, property taxes and HOA fees. I have lived in California and you can stuff it. To many homy liberals who make rules for everything. You cant even be a kid anymore in California, they outlawed just about everything..skateboarding in a lot of areas, motorcycle riding on the outskirts of cities and counties. You even have to be rich to fish and hunt. Thats ok you can have it. Pretty bad when neibors call the police for kids riding there bikes on the street. I had enough after 38 years of in justice. Moved out over 8 years ago and haven't looked back.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,661,426 times
Quote:
You cant even be a kid anymore in California, they outlawed just about everything... motorcycle riding on the outskirts of cities and counties.
Gee, I wonder why they don't allow tresspassers to ride their motorcycles on private property? And if you're bemoaning the loss of dedicated m/c parks, blame the high cost of land for that, which is the reason the orange groves disappeared. You can still ride those noisy, destructive beasts out in the desert on Federal land, so your whining is ridiculous.

Quote:
You even have to be rich to fish and hunt.
This is as laughable as your spelling and grammar.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,013,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Gee, I wonder why they don't allow tresspassers to ride their motorcycles on private property? And if you're bemoaning the loss of dedicated m/c parks, blame the high cost of land for that, which is the reason the orange groves disappeared. You can still ride those noisy, destructive beasts out in the desert on Federal land, so your whining is ridiculous.
"Riding my motorcycle across your lawn is not a crime".

When did the one next to your high school disappear? That was pretty popular back in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County