U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 AM

111 posts, read 163,925 times

Advertisements

I'm curious if there are any other "gun nuts" here on the forum?

Part of my decision to move to OC vs. other areas was the political conservatism and pro-gun policy of the Sheriff, in fact I recently got my CCW permit like I had in my previous state. OC is the only urban county in California I know of that issues them to regular citizens.

So, any others here? Where do you shoot? Other CCW holders? Etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 02:15 AM

9,715 posts, read 13,313,848 times
Well, there are only 1287 CCW permits in Orange County according to the California CCW website. There are 3,000,000+ people in Orange County. Good luck finding the other 1200 with permits. Chances are that a lot of them are in risky occupations (bodyguards, jewelry couriers, etc.)

I've got to be honest. Guns here in Southern California are so rare that if I saw someone on the street with a gun who didn't have a uniform on, I'd be calling the cops. I wouldn't care if it was concealed or not concealed. Hardly anyone has a legal gun in Southern California. I'm in LA County though, but as you know, LA and OC run together.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:00 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,105,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwinston73 View Post
I'm curious if there are any other "gun nuts" here on the forum?

Part of my decision to move to OC vs. other areas was the political conservatism and pro-gun policy of the Sheriff, in fact I recently got my CCW permit like I had in my previous state. OC is the only urban county in California I know of that issues them to regular citizens.

So, any others here? Where do you shoot? Other CCW holders? Etc etc.
I didn't think California would give a CCW May be that's los angeles that will not. When I went to the sheriff station to ask about it they look at me like I am some kind of criminal and then ask me if I have a gun on me. Then he ask me why I want a gun? I tell him for the same season you want yours.
I don't live in california any more now I have my CCW without any Ca BS

Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM

110 posts, read 390,245 times
Thankfully, "political conservatism" in So Cal means something different than it would in the south or in middle America. After being here for a while I've noticed that people are not very concerned about politics. It's a very NIMBY attitude (not an awful thing). And, as far as I can tell, having neighbors with guns is not something people here consider a good thing in their backyards. Most of the people I have met are just trying to raise families and get home from work before the sun is gone. Shooting guns seems as far from what OC folks want to do as you can get.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 AM

9,224 posts, read 15,930,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I've got to be honest. Guns here in Southern California are so rare that if I saw someone on the street with a gun who didn't have a uniform on, I'd be calling the cops. I wouldn't care if it was concealed or not concealed. Hardly anyone has a legal gun in Southern California. I'm in LA County though, but as you know, LA and OC run together.
I'd be calling the cops too.

I know there is a big gun shop in Costa Mesa Welcome to The Grant Boys, perhaps you can find what you seek.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:43 AM

124 posts, read 652,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slang75 View Post
Thankfully, "political conservatism" in So Cal means something different than it would in the south or in middle America. After being here for a while I've noticed that people are not very concerned about politics.

Ppphh... you are misguided.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM

110 posts, read 390,245 times
"Ppphh... you are misguided."

Yes, I'm sure the people I have met have been pulling the wool over my eyes. Maybe they are all closet political activists.

Are you saying OC conservatives are as conservative as southern conservatives? Really?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:31 PM

320 posts, read 1,603,887 times
I do most of my shooting on the 110 North but occasionally on the 405 South. Not a lot opf ranges around anymore most around me have closed down.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:33 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,105,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSoCal View Post
I do most of my shooting on the 110 North but occasionally on the 405 South. Not a lot opf ranges around anymore most around me have closed down.
By closing down shoot ranges is their way to make people give up their guns. But I don't think I would say that about the 405 even if you are just joking

Old 10-03-2007, 07:09 PM

320 posts, read 1,603,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
By closing down shoot ranges is their way to make people give up their guns. But I don't think I would say that about the 405 even if you are just joking
EVEN IF ? I don't even carry when I drive anymore, haven't since the Rodney Kings riots. If Cali had their way we would not allowed to have guns at all. They have taken away most of our liberties and expect us to register every gun we own so they know where to gather them up when the time comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or