U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 PM

3,730 posts, read 5,264,570 times

Advertisements

The Sunday OC Register has the manufacturers coupons and sales fliers for drug stores, dept. stores and such, $1.50. Any resident with a mailbox will receive most of the grocery ads on Tuesday and Wednesday via sales fliers delivered by the P.O., no real need to get a paper, with the usual assortment of ads and junk mail coming almost daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 AM

14 posts, read 18,539 times
Ralph's
Albertsons
Costco

Old 08-10-2012, 09:54 AM

26,429 posts, read 62,677,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I don't know what a Meijers is, but the selection at Costco is limited, at best. And half the time they stop carrying something you've grown fond of.
Meijers is a giant everything store. They have a large grocery area with a great fresh produce section, butcher, deli, bakery, it is a full grocery store and more. Plus it is usually a bit cheaper than regular grocery stores. THen they also have a huge selection of cheap clothing (think target) sporting goods (including guns and ammunition), electronics, houshold items, liquor, garden and outdoor supplies, furniture, books, music, pretty much evrthing, but on a large scale, not a few token featured items like Cosco, but full on departments for pretty much everyhthing. It is a discount store and some of their items are chintzy, but many are the same quality as anywhere.

Best of all it is open 24/7 and they unload their seasonal clothing for up to 75% off when they need to change to the next season.

We love Meijers, but we rarely get out of there without spending $500+

Old 08-17-2012, 09:30 PM

381 posts, read 712,454 times
I know exactly what you are talking about as we moved from the Twin Cities -- tons of Targets and Super Targets in every neighborhood (or so it seemed), plus a few Super Walmarts. Everyone talks about how great CostCo is, but it's not anywhere near the same. You will learn to readjust your shopping habits. The Target stores in my area have begun to be modernized, allowing for a larger grocery section in some of the larger ones. Still nothing like a Super Target, but getting closer. Almost all of my grocery shopping is done in an actual grocery store with Growers Direct being a great find for produce (as someone else mentioned). I have found that my shopping habits shift from store to store, all depending on what is on sale each week. Coupons have really been cut back, though I have become more picky about what I actually cut out. Still, not nearly the quantity there used to be. Grocery store flyers are just fine for the most part, and those get delivered to your mailbox every week (Monday or Tuesday here as sale weeks run from Wednesday through Tuesday). Good luck!

Old 08-18-2012, 04:04 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,239,296 times
I get coupons from the stores online and I belong to all the clubs, Von's (Pavilions), Ralph's, Albertson's and go on the sites for Sprouts, TJ's, Gelson's etc. Other than that I get some in the mail and some from the Sunday Register.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:38 PM

4,941 posts, read 6,330,073 times
Lucky Irvine , it looks like there will soon be two brand new Wal-Mart Supercenters there:
Walmart to open another O.C. supercenter | walmart, irvine, supercenter - Business - The Orange County Register

Sorry, but I can't resist:

People Of Wal Mart - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or