Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 AM

119 posts, read 878,989 times

Advertisements

Irvine has many villages: Woodbridge, Heritage, Northwoods, Northpark/Northpark Square,
West Park, Turtle Rock/Turtle Ridge;Oak Creek; Quail Creek, Woodbury/Woodbury Square,
Portola Springs.

The Oldest neighborhoods are Woodbridge, Heritage, Northwoods, Turtle Rock, and West Park. Woodbridge is considered the most prestigious section in Irvine. Its the only neighborhood that is a lake front community. Woodbridge has two lakes and has one of the highest HOA's in town because this. Most of Irvine Villages have single family homes, condo, townhome/rowhomes and apartments. Rancho San Jaqouin Apartments has an a golf course attached to the community. Irvine Spectrum Village is a urban Village with Office Parks, Apartments, Condos and the Irvine Spectrum Mall on the the city's east side. Villages sizes vary North wood and Woodbury are some of the largest while Oak Creek, Quail Creek are some of the smallest.

Non Irvine Ranch communities include Central Park West in the Irvine Business Center near John Wayne Airport on the city's West Side is a series of Luxury High Rises;Including The Plaza Irvine and Park Place communities creating Downtown Irvine. Irvine Civic Center is located there. Sadly, there very few shops in the area. South Coast Plaza is close by(Incidentaly Irvine kinda sorta reminds me of LA only that the urban villages are on the city's far east and far west sides
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 05:14 PM

376 posts, read 1,057,773 times
Default Woodbridge is best for families

I moved to Woodbridge in irvine a few years ago from Glendale. I prefer Woodbridge over other irvine villages because it is well established and has the most community amenities (22 pools, tennis courts, paddle boats, basketball and raqurtball courts, etc). Many community schools that kids can walk to. 2 attractive community lakes. Lush mature landscaping. The downside is you'll probably have to upgrade interior of any place you buy. Most houses built in '79-'85.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:48 PM

12 posts, read 37,403 times
I have been looking in irvine for a place to buy or rent (depending on what the housing market does) and all the neighborhoods I have looked at are the same. I just moved here to the OC from Chicago and all the villages look the same to me. I also noticed the demographics made up of mostly asians and whites and that's not an issue for me, but I did notice. I will say though that Tustin Ranch did strike me as very nice so that would be my first choice but from there I will basically settle anywhere in irvine that my wife and kids like. But I do like the fact that Irvine is one of the safest cities in America.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:45 PM

53 posts, read 242,277 times
Although I would love to live anywhere in Irvine, my vote would be Woodbridge. I used to rent a condo in there. Loved having a lake across the street. One of the few places I've lived where I felt safe going jogging at night by myself.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:53 PM

88 posts, read 318,210 times
Default funny you should mention that

I also live in the OC. I thought that was great you noticed that Irvine is all the same. That is one of the reasons I didnt move to Irvine. I actually work in Irvine but prefer to live in Laguna Niguel or Dana Point. Much more diversity and easy going type of people especially Dana Point which appeals to me more than being the same. Irvine is almost 100% Asian which is fine but again all the same. The CCR's will kill ya because yet again all the same. The housing is expensive for renting. The rents have not come down yet and should as housing is almost affordable again (whoops feel like that was an oxy moron to say) Yep if you look hard you can find housing for under 500k even if you want to stay in Irvine - at least go out towards portola road and portola springs. A little different in housing and rentals and not as crowded yet. So basically if you want to look like all the rest move to Irvine, to be different and own style go to Dana Point.

Di

Old 03-13-2010, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 9,159 times
Di,

Your post reveals more about your personal prejudices or misperceptions than the diversity of either Irvine or Dana Point.

The demographics of Dana Point are as follows: 87.25% White, 0.82% Black or African American, 0.57% Native American, 2.52% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 5.92% from other races, and 2.81% from two or more races. 15.49% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Compare this to Irvine's demographic: 61.06% White, 1.45% Black or African American, 0.18% Native American, 29.83% Asian American, 1.14% Pacific Islander, 2.54% from other races, and 4.82% from two or more races. 7.37% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:30 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,314,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanies4811 View Post
Di,

Your post reveals more about your personal prejudices or misperceptions than the diversity of either Irvine or Dana Point.

The demographics of Dana Point are as follows: 87.25% White, 0.82% Black or African American, 0.57% Native American, 2.52% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 5.92% from other races, and 2.81% from two or more races. 15.49% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Compare this to Irvine's demographic: 61.06% White, 1.45% Black or African American, 0.18% Native American, 29.83% Asian American, 1.14% Pacific Islander, 2.54% from other races, and 4.82% from two or more races. 7.37% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.
This thread is as old as I suspect your statistics are.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:20 PM

214 posts, read 646,957 times
Irvine realtor and long time resident of Irvine here. Each Irvine Village is very different which makes prices very different. There are the newer Villages like Northpark, Northwood II, Woodbury, Quail Hill, Oak Creek, Turtle Ridge, and Portola Springs. I used to own a condo in Quail Hill and enjoyed living there. It's not as conjested as other parts of Irvine but you were still right there close to everything. Turtle Rock is all the old most established area with a lot of "old" money. Some people prefer the more neighborhood feel of Woodbridge with it's lakes and other amenities. Remember to figure out your "all-in" price which included HOA and Mello Roos. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask as I know each Village very well.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:51 AM

257 posts, read 943,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgclyde View Post
Irvine has many villages: Woodbridge, Heritage, Northwoods, Northpark/Northpark Square,
West Park, Turtle Rock/Turtle Ridge;Oak Creek; Quail Creek, Woodbury/Woodbury Square,
Portola Springs.

The Oldest neighborhoods are Woodbridge, Heritage, Northwoods, Turtle Rock, and West Park. Woodbridge is considered the most prestigious section in Irvine. Its the only neighborhood that is a lake front community. Woodbridge has two lakes and has one of the highest HOA's in town because this. Most of Irvine Villages have single family homes, condo, townhome/rowhomes and apartments. Rancho San Jaqouin Apartments has an a golf course attached to the community. Irvine Spectrum Village is a urban Village with Office Parks, Apartments, Condos and the Irvine Spectrum Mall on the the city's east side. Villages sizes vary North wood and Woodbury are some of the largest while Oak Creek, Quail Creek are some of the smallest.

Non Irvine Ranch communities include Central Park West in the Irvine Business Center near John Wayne Airport on the city's West Side is a series of Luxury High Rises;Including The Plaza Irvine and Park Place communities creating Downtown Irvine. Irvine Civic Center is located there. Sadly, there very few shops in the area. South Coast Plaza is close by(Incidentaly Irvine kinda sorta reminds me of LA only that the urban villages are on the city's far east and far west sides
I always thought Turtle Rock was the most prestigious - that and Shady Canyon.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 9,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
This thread is as old as I suspect your statistics are.
Actually, the data appears to be from the 2000 census, not that it makes a difference regarding the point made.

If you have some stats showing that Irvine is 'almost' 100% Asian (or has been 'almost' 100% Asian at any time), post them.

I realize that diversity is threatening to some people, but that's no reason to post trash or try to defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County