U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 11:24 PM

111 posts, read 11,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmpEngineer View Post
Also, if you marry these gold-digging OC women, they will eventually divorce you and take your Newport Beach house and Porsche 911 turbo from you with the divorce settlement. After the divorce, you will then have to share a Santa Ana studio apartment with another man and drive a Toyota Corolla.
Any wealthy man who marries without an iron-clad prenup and serious asset protection in place is an idiot who deserves to lose everything.

If she won't go for the prenup then you know her game and you don't marry her. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 AM

128 posts, read 421,726 times
Default Not buying it.....

Did you really move here expecting to meet "perfect 10" 34D-blondes who can do modular arithmetic in their heads?

See above. Brilliant statement........... and so true. Yes, I am absolutely positive that some men indeed DID plan to move to California, meet the "perfect 10 blonde" who can "do it all" including Modular Arithmetic (whatever that is......I'm a blonde so I wouldn't know)..... But according to someone on here, these wonderful women all live in San Fransisco (???!!......ha ha....I have to laugh at that....as if!)

The most interesting thing about men is this: No matter what age, what experience, or what education or level of intelligence, men will always say they are not attracted to a woman because of anything else but her "natural" self. LOL. I wish I had a dollar for every man I've known who said that. They don't care about make-up. Or how about clothing style. Or how about Hair ? Possibly we could also consider manicures, pedicures, or good glowing moisturized and polished skin????? And why not include Teeth in the equation? We should also banish braces or white teeth from the "enhanced" woman category.

And they think we believe them when they tell us this ???!!! Guys, I have news for you.....we are not ALL stupid.

Sit at a bar and watch which women the men ogle and wish they could meet. Funny, they are never DIY blondes, they aren't wearing clothes from the discount stores, they don't have on Naturalizer comfortable shoes, and they most definitely have make up on, a manicure, and probably some Jewelry (gasp). Men are great, but they are so full of it. LOL..........! And we all know that from such an early age !

Old 11-05-2007, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,548 times
Default 4 years in OC

If the man who originally asked this question really wants to have a good conversation with a woman, I recommend letting her talk it out -- it may take days -- eventually she should run out of ways to insult that pretty girl across the room and will stop asking you how much you make a year. You may find a down-to-earth, intelligent, sexy woman underneath. If not, just move on to the next girl. That's how it is. Every relationship fails until the one that doesn't.
You could try to be more understanding of the unique pressure women are exposed to in the OC. Women are constantly bombarded with advertising focused on their appearance and people openly comment about women's bodies all the time. Don't be so quick to judge a woman if you want to meet a good one.
You may want to look at yourself even and try to figure out why women aren't opening up to you, or why you are having unpleasant interactions with them. Ask your sister or an old girlfriend if you can. Maybe your appearance is attracting gold-diggers. Do you flash your money around? Why not borrow your friend's crappy car when you take a girl out for the first time? That could weed out a gold-digger.
Another thing, if you are a high-earner and career ambition is an important quality in a women for you, then why not try and meet high-earning women? If you want a career-oriented woman, sounds like you have been looking in the wrong tax bracket for a girlfriend. Local charity events are excellent for meeting high-earning, caring women. Gyms are good too, but you have to try not to come off as a pervert at the gym. If you are a decent guy yourself, then maybe one of your friends would set you up with someone known for her intelligence (if your friends wouldn't set you up with their cousin/sister, then you probably have some work to do on your own personality). Good luck!
BTW, I turn heads, work full-time, and earn more money than my husband. I met my husband in the OC and girls like me are out there. (Sorry for the long response!)

Old 11-05-2007, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,548 times
Default Pre-nups no way

Signing a pre-nup may be a reasonable request if you are a high-earner with ample assets (own multiple companies) and you have children from a previous relationship. Otherwise, if you're thinking pre-nup, then I think you shouldn't marry that person.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:58 PM

1,389 posts, read 2,746,534 times
I agree with Becca. As someone who married in my early 20s, if something happened with my marriage, I wouldn't take my husband to the cleaners or anything but I would absolutely have a right to reasonable alimony, as the person who took care of our house, his laundry, and his kids, etc while he expanded his career and earned a graduate degree. Even in families with two working parents there is usually one spouse who shaves off their career aspirations in order to take care of the endless demands of a family. I have read that the average career woman takes a sum total 10 yrs off from work in order to attend to family needs (including maternity leave, troubled or ill kids, ailing parents, in-laws, etc. Women are the ones who shoulder the lion's share of these burdens.)

That said there are men and fathers who are absolutely being treated deplorably in divorce settlements and custody battles. It is a real issue that definitely needs to be addressed, but not at the price of screwing over mothers and other caregivers, especially those who have chosen to put careers on hold for the sake of their families.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:52 PM

26,362 posts, read 54,199,434 times
I'm a Super Dad. I'm a Dad AND I have a career.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 4,069 times
Unhappy I am from San Francisco and now LB and looking towards moving to OC For a JOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Women here actually seem to aspire to be Rich Housewife's.

Unlike San Francisco, where women have independence and want to work for their own needs. It appears women want to find a man, lose their job, have a couple of spoiled kids, and brag to their friends at brunch everyday about how they bought a new Benzo and they are going on a trip to Africa. (Yes I am generalizing, sorry to the innocent women out there).

Then they become sad after doing nothing with their lives, and the bragging turns into griping, which then gets made into a TV show.

Where should women with more independence who wants to make friends with other females who are not Stepford's wives or Barbie dolls move in OC? Don't get me wrong... I have some nice things and make good money.... and can contend with the best of them... but I happily drive a Honda and I went to Africa to live in and help out the villages (not to live in a posh hotel while on a safari trip).

Where can I find down-to-earth people in OC???????

Old 11-09-2007, 10:52 AM

112 posts, read 256,972 times
Hello... The OC is a pretty diverse area you know. If you want rich, beautiful, and superficial... there's Newport. If you want active, lively, and fake... you have Huntington. But if you want down to earth poverty, just go hang out in Anaheim, Garden Grove, or Orange.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM

198 posts, read 629,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving to OC View Post
Where should women with more independence who wants to make friends with other females who are not Stepford's wives or Barbie dolls move in OC? Don't get me wrong... I have some nice things and make good money.... and can contend with the best of them... but I happily drive a Honda and I went to Africa to live in and help out the villages (not to live in a posh hotel while on a safari trip).

Where can I find down-to-earth people in OC???????
I think it's more about getting involved in activities that down-to-earth people participate in than moving to where we are... Take classes at the local community college or adult ed site, join an adult sports league or outdoors activity club, do volunteer work.

Personally, I like HB--I play volleyball on the beach across from the pier every Thursday night, actually. I don't know that I'd say there's adequate night life, though... nor would I say I think everyone there is down-to-earth, but, hey, you're next to the beach, you're bound to find some pretty neat people there. ^_^

Old 11-10-2007, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,175 times
There are lots of women everywhere that wouldn't mind being rich housewives. I am just so glad that all these comments are generalizations. There are tons of women in the OC that aren't as the ones generally described in these comments. Obviously, some people only look at one type of girl such as the ones desricbed in one comment above with the extra large implants and valley girl accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County