Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 13,102 times

Advertisements

We are moving from north California to L.A. we have two kids,17 & 10 .My husband got a new job in orange county.It's in Tustin city. where is the good & safe place to raising a family. thanks to every one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,444,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pariya2002k View Post
We are moving from north California to L.A. we have two kids,17 & 10 .My husband got a new job in orange county.It's in Tustin city. where is the good & safe place to raising a family. thanks to every one.
Tustin has some nice areas.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,593,605 times
Irvine, Newport.

Budget?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 02-02-2013, 06:52 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,685,446 times
To paraphrase an old saying about vegetarians living longer, it looks like people in South County live longer, or maybe life just seems longer here. This article features Aliso Viejo, but it actually applies to all of South County:
Aliso Viejo Boasts Highest Life Expectancy in OC - Aliso Viejo, CA Patch

Hey, maybe we do have a bunch of tree-bark and rabbit food-eating vegetarians down here. I'm definitely one, but I also like seafood.

Kidding aside, it's not just diet, but a host of other factors obviously also played a role in this.

Last edited by pacific2; 02-02-2013 at 07:01 AM..

Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 AM

162 posts, read 381,292 times
I would nod my hat towards Ladera Ranch or Newport Coast/Turtle Ridge. The newer parts of Irvine are also very nice (Laguna Altura, Quail Hill etc.)

For isolated you could look into Coto De Caza and just take the toll road to Chapman every day...

Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 PM

8 posts, read 20,371 times
I'm looking to move to Orange County within next 6 months, to work at SNA airport. I make approx $40,000 yr. I'm single, no kids, no debts, currently have average lifestyle; not high end or beyond my means. Where is the best place to live; somewhat good commute to airport, average price for rent, and good community?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy20 View Post
I'm looking to move to Orange County within next 6 months, to work at SNA airport. I make approx $40,000 yr. I'm single, no kids, no debts, currently have average lifestyle; not high end or beyond my means. Where is the best place to live; somewhat good commute to airport, average price for rent, and good community?
I'd probably go with Costa Mesa. Lots of reasonably-priced apartments around South Coast Plaza and down Bristol Street.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM

281 posts, read 750,441 times
Three pages of replies before anyone would answer with the most important factor in a decision on where to live, outside of where you work! The political correctness on this board. These towns are broken up by race and culture for a reason. If the races and culture of the people who live in a town was not important to MOST FOLKS the towns would not be dominated by a specific race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fipster View Post
Let's face it, more important that what you live in is who are those who live around you. In Orange County, there are two major ethnic groups, Whites and Hispanics, and one minor one - Asians. White people adore the coast so they can be found living in Seal Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach. They also like the hills or suburbs of Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, Villa Park, North Tustin, Irvine, Fountain Valley, and South County. Hispanics congregate in the urban cities of Santa Ana, Anaheim, Garden Grove, Tustin, Costa Mesa, and Fullerton. As for Asians, they are found in Buena Park, Garden Grove, and Westminster. The more affluent ones live in Fountain Valley and Irvine. Personally, I think it's important to live close to freeways for commuting purposes. Along the 405, the homes south of it are better due to their proximity to the coast. Along the 55, the neighborhoods to the east tend to be more desirable. As for the 5, the neighborhoods further south tend to be more pleasing. So... I would prefer to live south of the 405 and east of the 55. Cities that I like are Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, Costa Mesa (East), Newport Beach, Irvine, and Tustin (East). You need to pick a place that would work for your commute. Being that I work in Orange and my wife works in Irvine, our ideal locations would be Fountain Valley, East Costa Mesa, Irvine, and East Tustin. And lastly, all four of these regions are known to have good schools!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,246,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tired Man View Post
Three pages of replies before anyone would answer with the most important factor in a decision on where to live, outside of where you work! The political correctness on this board. These towns are broken up by race and culture for a reason. If the races and culture of the people who live in a town was not important to MOST FOLKS the towns would not be dominated by a specific race.
Warning: he's been trying to peddle this bilge on the Northern Virginia forum. Please don't feed the troll.

OTM you might want to go hang out on one of the Deep South forums.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,685,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Warning: he's been trying to peddle this bilge on the Northern Virginia forum. Please don't feed the troll.

OTM you might want to go hang out on one of the Deep South forums.
He's also struck the LA Forum and, surprisingly, most people there are feeding him by the shovelful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County