Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 09:21 PM

72 posts, read 434,227 times

Advertisements

Orange County drivers are overly aggressive drivers. They are also rude.

I wonder if they are more aggressive than Los Angeles or San Diego County drivers.

In Orange County, you get tailgated by BMWs. They then change lanes, cut in front of you. YET, you both end up waiting at the same red light.

You have these losers who pimp out their Honda with a muffler and a rear wing, then drive it very fast. You hear the roar of their Honda. These idiots can not afford a real sports car like Porsche or Ferrari, so they pimp out their Honda and drive it like a Porsche or Ferrari.

Driving in Orange County sucks. We have no good transportation system here, so we have to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 09:29 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Don't forget the SUVs passing everyone on the shoulder and weaving in and out of traffic.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:44 PM

317 posts, read 1,758,033 times
Coming from NJ, I am used to fast paced driving. But the people out here in Orange County drive aimlessly. They have no regard for others around them and not only drive fast but drive idiotic (peeling out at the sign of a green light to only stop a few hundred yards up for another red light, tailgating like CRAZY, and passing you on the right when you're in the left lane already doing 55 in a 45) lol NUTS! Let's not forget the people who talk on the cell phone, look at themselves in the mirror, and look for papers in their car (yes all at the same time) while nearly running the "normal" people who pay attention, off the road. The funny thing is people are afraid to beep at me b/c I have NJ plates still I think, or maybe they are non-assertive and act dumb but can't complete the obnoxiousness. In NJ people would throw the bird without thought and catch up to you and cut you off lol so I don't know what is worse, blatant jerkiness in NJ where people have too much pride and don't let things go and avenge your actions or people out here who drive without any care in the world for themselves or others around them hence almost causing accidents everyday and ticking people off in the process! lol I can go on and on, wow.

Obnoxious, Childish, Unthoughtful, Disregard= great words to describe most of OC's famed drivers.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:58 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
I have to say people in OC are more agressive than they were in San Diego. I mean in OC I've seen SUVs honk at people in crosswalks, because they're in a hurry to get to the El Pollo Loco drive-thru.

I'll take CA drivers over WA drivers any day, though.

V. =)

Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 AM

198 posts, read 930,990 times
LA's TEN times worse than OC. I can't drive there--WAY too scary.

The 55 does suck, though. I'm not always a conscientious driver, though, so I can't really complain. I will talk on my cell intermittently, more so if it's bumper-to-bumper, but I generally wait for stoplights to apply my makeup (no eyeliner or mascara in a moving car, though). I also have completely changed my clothes (including understuff) on the 405 during rush hour traffic once or twice.

Yeah, so no stones cast here--I've myself committed reprehensible traffic sins. >_<

The 55 still sucks, though.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:41 AM

5 posts, read 15,103 times
LOL.......cant even be close to Boston and Rhode island, where every commute is like a NASCAR bump event...seriously....it's 85-100 mph for "as long or s far as you can", with drafting, and bumper to bumper high speed lane changes etc. Then, there's a Wreck, literally EVERY DAY, in the same god-dammm 3-4 spots....EVERY DAY. When the thick stuff hits, it's every man for him self. Merging? New englanders dont know what that is......"yield", or "right of way"? HA HA HA HA.....you're joking, right?....in the 8 years Ive been back in NE, I think I've seen the use of a turn signal, maybe twice.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:15 PM

good to know there are other rally zones. lol. although i think the biggest problem with socal drivers isn't the nascar-like speeds, it's more of the driving without thought and total disregard for what is going on around them. pretty much little common sense and errant maneuvering without looking for people in the other lane before switching and backing up out of spots in the mall, WATCH OUT!

Old 10-07-2007, 12:23 PM

ALSO:
MY BIGGEST GRIPE---
Does anyone else notice how LONG the traffic lights are out here? I feel like I wait 3+ minutes at each stop light, and then half of the time I catch another light at the next intersection! A 5 minute quick trip can quickly become 12 minutes out here! So annoying. Anyone else notice the lengthy lights? Or are they standard? In NJ I think they are 1 minute MAX, I also suspect part of the reason is because there is 1 other piece of the puzzle in NJ, U-Turns, hence making larger bits of traffic at intersections so they must move it along faster I guess?

Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM

124 posts, read 733,912 times
I PREFER any OC freeway to LA or SD. Gosh, the drivers in Metro NYC are waay worse. Ever drove on the Merritt?

I know there are some crazy drivers in Newport, but I've never had any problems in Huntington at all (except on Beach Blvd. which is often a zoo IMO). Downtown HB takes like ten minutes to get through because almost every car stops and waves pedestrians through.

Also South Laguna/ Dana Point is another friendly place to drive. As well as Inland sections of South County.

Last edited by investtt; 10-07-2007 at 01:22 PM..

Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 PM

124 posts, read 733,912 times
SD Freeways are notorious for someone going 75 MPH in the left lane and someone passing at 90 MPH in the right lanes.. Blinkers on SD freeways? Forgedaboudit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County