Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 01:33 PM

193 posts, read 307,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbullet89 View Post
You can definitely make it off $55k in Laguna. You would have to rent a tiny studio..I'm talking maybe 300-400 square feet and really budget but it's doable. You could also rent a room in a house with house mates. I too wanted to move to Laguna but the traffic during tourist season is unbearable for me. Plus, I feel like I can live more inland (Aliso, Laguna Niguel, MV, Irivne, etc) for cheaper and just drive 20 min to Laguna when ever I want to.

When does Tourist season open, are there limits and do I need tags and a license?

They are like Crackerjacks they have prizes...wallets and cameras!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 01:43 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,628,769 times
Cheap way to live in Laguna Beach: Don't spend money.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:18 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,491,859 times
Just how bad is traffic in Laguna Beach? Locals don't go there on the weekends.......all year, not just the summer. Driving to Newport on PCH through Laguna can add quite a bit of time to your commute......and stress if you are in a hurry. And then you have to watch for cops on motorcycles at the north end of town, just when you think you can speed up to make up time....LOL There is a toll road but it's not along the water.

Many pedestrians trying to cross PCH have been hit over the years...it's a very busy, very colorful road and it's hard to see people who are trying to cross....they used to have flags in boxes on the corners and you'd wave a flag to get attention, carry it across the street and then replace it in the other box but creeps would steal them, so........now they have these blinking lights in the asphalt to remind cars to stop for pedestrians. Trust me, the blinking lights are much needed. PCH through town is not wide, cars park along the street and drivers take off without checking over their shoulders, drivers/vacationers try to turn left when it says no left turn, people jaywalk when they can get away with it because they are in a hurry to get to the beach, confused motorhome drivers drift over the line, especially when the road curves.....drive carefully.

Laguna Beach is a lovely (but pricey), weekend getaway place, a summer getaway place, a honeymoon place, a family getaway place, a night out to a restaurant place, a boutique store place......it's an artistic colony that is always busy. It does indeed have a high population of gay folks so if you are the type that is bothered by such a thing, don't move there. I've had plenty of gay friends during my lifetime, so this doesn't bother me.

The beach is fairly long and clean, (thought not as long as Huntington), especially when people follow the dog laws. There are tidepools for kids. You can see Catalina from the distance. The Pageant of the Masters, during summer, is world-renowned, one-of-a-kind and quite the attraction. It's a fun place for all ages.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM

7,021 posts, read 14,412,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Find a room for rent.
Ditto that..

Old 01-14-2013, 02:40 AM

15 posts, read 26,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Just how bad is the traffic in Laguna Beach? I am looking at staying on a wednesday night in January. How long would it take me to get to LAX if I left after 9 am?

Am I correct in avoiding LB on a Sunday or is there a lull in the tourist traffic in January.
No problems in January with traffic. You can leave Laguna and be at LA within an hour if you leave after 9am, assuming there are no accidents on that particular day. I always like to check sigalert dot com to see how much red it shows on the 405 before heading to LA. If you're leaving from South Laguna you should probably allow yourself and extra 10 - 15 minutes.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:43 AM

15 posts, read 26,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Many pedestrians trying to cross PCH have been hit over the years...it's a very busy, very colorful road and it's hard to see people who are trying to cross....they used to have flags in boxes on the corners and you'd wave a flag to get attention, carry it across the street and then replace it in the other box but creeps would steal them, so........now they have these blinking lights in the asphalt to remind cars to stop for pedestrians. Trust me, the blinking lights are much needed. PCH through town is not wide, cars park along the street and drivers take off without checking over their shoulders, drivers/vacationers try to turn left when it says no left turn, people jaywalk when they can get away with it because they are in a hurry to get to the beach, confused motorhome drivers drift over the line, especially when the road curves.....drive carefully.
Just ask the gal that owns the gym Art of Fitness downtown. She got it by a car that was going like 50 or something when she was crossing the street. Had a limp forever, but she's pretty active and seems like she recovered pretty well.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,895,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Why is it that there are so many sober living homes in Orange County with cheap room rentals? Do you have to be an addict to get reasonable rent in the county?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,246 times
I own a couple of rentals in Laguna Beach....the cheapest I have available is 850.00 for a studio in Solag.....actually you will probably find cheaper rentals in Solage (South Laguna) then in north or central Laguna ....its the old part of town that used to be in the county but personally I love it the beaches are awesome I can throw a rock to thousand steps beach from my house. Jeffrey Martino Young
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County