U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 AM

36 posts, read 41,207 times

Advertisements

So im looking into moving out there in a few months and im looking for an apartment to rent it dosent have to be fancy or anything and it dosent have to be close to the beach either.I have a 2 year old Akita that im bringing along with me so does anyone know any places that will accept large dogs like an akita.He is very well behaved and is out of his biting phase.

Any help would be great thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM

2,992 posts, read 3,745,405 times
I don't know what you call cheap but cheap apartments and Newport Beach don't go together regardless of the dog.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:18 PM

11,715 posts, read 35,952,231 times
You'll have better luck in Costa Mesa. I believe there's a complex near Harbor and Adams that's full of dogs.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:42 PM

68 posts, read 175,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I don't know what you call cheap but cheap apartments and Newport Beach don't go together regardless of the dog.
Agreed. What's "cheap" to you?

I don't think you'll find anything in Newport Beach at all for less than about $2200 per month.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:51 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,737,543 times
My buddy pays around $1600 a month for a 1-bedroom apartment in Newport Beach. He loves the area, but his neighbors are really annoying and he'll be leaving once his lease is up.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,758,448 times
Nothing says "I want to make finding a place to rent as difficult as I can" like (A) bringing a huge dog and (B) dragging along a huge dog that is also on the insurance industry's restricted breed list.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 PM

85 posts, read 112,290 times
I think the only luck you might have is finding a condo that someone owns and wants to rent out - in other words - stay away from apartment complexes. They follow the rules. Finding an apartment with a dog is not terribly difficult - but getting around the breed restrictions can be.

I know there is a relatively cheap apartment complex in the Huntington Beach area that prides itself on allowing all dogs - even large breeds. Not sure about what breed restrictions they have though.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:50 PM

2,188 posts, read 2,375,015 times
As a landlord with a few condos, I'd rather rent to a meth addict than to a dog owner, sorry.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 AM

231 posts, read 477,128 times
Default Money is no problem to cheap and also a big dog

Money is not an issue for you according to your previous thread about Newport being boring....remember?...here let me help you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyqueen27 View Post
Ok so i am about to be 19 and right now i know i want to move somewhere where the weather is nice because I've grown up in PA and while im used to the cold i just cant stand it.I know its going to be tough at first but right now this is just something im thinking about doing its not like im going to wake up and move tomorrow.

I have never been so i plan to visit befor i just move out here but i was looking at previous forms and i heard people say that it was boring for young people.That there was no nightlife and mostly old people lived in newport.Im not one to party anyway so that dosent really bother me but im also not an outdoorsy person either but im hoping to change that.

Pa is pretty boring though as well thats why im moving away so i dont want to move all the way out there only to be disappointed.

Also im a single female i want to know if theres alot of young kids in newport or is it mostly older rich people?
Quote:
Im not gonna lie the oc did bring it to my attention but i have researched it and i dont expect it to be like the show.
Also i was going to go to a community college to become an ultrasound technician maybe or a nurse somewhere along those lines.
Quote:
Wow there's some rude people on here.you guys covered everything else except my queshtion is it boring?
I didn't ask about expensiveness that's not an issue for me my family has money.Why you need to know iss beyond me since that has nothing to do with my queshtion.

So far this Is my first experience with this site and its a bad one rude ass people
Quote:
college isnt for everyone especally not me.Like i mentioned befor im going to communtiy college and while money might be a issue for you its not for me im very fortunate.and if this website is so knowledable why cant people tell me weather its boring to them or not.like jesus everythig else you are bringing up is no concern to me so why would i ask that
Do you plan on leaving a large dog like an Akita in a small apartment all day while you are at school?
Since money is not a concern to you, rent a house with a yard for the Akita.Jeeeez

Last edited by OGTSO; 02-24-2013 at 12:30 AM..

Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 PM

71,937 posts, read 83,581,802 times
Quote:
So im looking into moving out there in a few months and im looking for an apartment to rent it dosent have to be fancy or anything and it dosent have to be close to the beach either.I have a 2 year old Akita that im bringing along with me so does anyone know any places that will accept large dogs like an akita.He is very well behaved and is out of his biting phase.

Any help would be great thanks.
I am really confused now: here you are saying you plan to move in a couple of months: This is posted in Feb; now, you just posted you plan on going to school before you move, which is it? And do you plan on moving with a friend or all by yourself? oh, and then in March you posted your wanted to move and live on the Las Vegas strip? do you have any idea where you want to live and do you realize life can be boring sometimes? I hate to tell you this, but dreams often turn out to be nightmares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or