Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,918 times

Advertisements

Hello ,I am about to celebrate my son's 5th birthday. and We are planning it to celebrate outdoor. can anyone suggest me good places in orange county to celebrate this birthday party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,692,239 times
Well how much of a theme park do ya want? Knotts Berry farm?

Birthday Parties | Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park, CA

Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 AM

5,888 posts, read 12,969,894 times
Adventure City - Family Theme Park - Anaheim, California
Probably the most cost effective for a group of 5 year olds

Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 PM

5 posts, read 7,227 times
There are many things you can do with little to no cost up to high cost.
Irvine Regional Park in Orange
Santa Ana Zoo in Santa Ana
Peppertree Park in Tustin
Eisenhower Park in Orange
Hart park in Orange

Jumping places
Roller/Ice skating
Boys love the Firestation
Girls love Build a Bear

Hope this helps. I have lots of ideas that have worked and not.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,150,895 times
Ever hear of a little place called Disneyland? We took our boys there last year for their 4th birthday and they loved it. They even got birthday buttons to wear so every worker in the park wished them happy birthday all day. Probably the best birthday ever for little kids.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 AM

30,707 posts, read 79,541,763 times
Mud park in Irvine or the Zoo would be my first thoughts. I wonder if the worlds oldest clown is still alive. I forget his name but he is fantastic for younger kids and often appears at the zoo for parties. He has a little carosoul on a truck and does magic, balloons silliness, he is great.

We had a party out at Silverado Canyon one time. We had to plan everything since there is nothing there, but it is eat too beacuse you will be undisturbed and can pretty much do whatever you want.

Once had a realyl cool patry way out at Joshua Tree. We went on a little rock climbing adventure, camped out and had the actual cake/dinner and a silly string fight in a cave.

Irvine Park is fine, but you want ot get there early to get a better area.

Any place with lots of open space to run play frisbee, nerf, whatever works well, particularly a defined area.

We found partys at amusment parks or chuck e cheese or the like do not end well usually. THe kids get overstmulated and freak out. The birday kids does nto remain the focus of attention as everyone scatters and the kids do not interact much or well. Better to have a location where the focus is ont he kids and interaction between the kids. That is more work for the host parents, but it is usually a much better party. A nerf war (or squirt guns) in the forest is much more fun than waiting in line for rides and getting grumpy because someone else got more X Y or Z.

One party that was a lot of work but went over super supwer well was to charter a fishing boat and take the whole group fishing. They all had a blast and lots fo dads came so thre were pleanty of adults to help out. The cost was about the same as a typical birthday party (typical for non-overboard parents, some spend thousands). I think it was maybe $500 for a half day charter. We split with another parent whose kid had the same brithday.

Oops, sorry 5th brithday, I was thinking 5th grade. 5th birthday - take them to the zoo and ride elephants or to Irivne Park and ride ponies. I would not want to try to take 20 5 year olds someplace like Disneyland. At that age we either stuck with home, or a local park and just had cake and maybe swings or a clown for half an hour. They kids get worn out and overstimulated in about 2 hours.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Mud park in Irvine or the Zoo would be my first thoughts. I wonder if the worlds oldest clown is still alive. I forget his name but he is fantastic for younger kids and often appears at the zoo for parties. He has a little carosoul on a truck and does magic, balloons silliness, he is great.

We had a party out at Silverado Canyon one time. We had to plan everything since there is nothing there, but it is eat too beacuse you will be undisturbed and can pretty much do whatever you want.

Once had a realyl cool patry way out at Joshua Tree. We went on a little rock climbing adventure, camped out and had the actual cake/dinner and a silly string fight in a cave.

Irvine Park is fine, but you want ot get there early to get a better area.

Any place with lots of open space to run play frisbee, nerf, whatever works well, particularly a defined area.

We found partys at amusment parks or chuck e cheese or the like do not end well usually. THe kids get overstmulated and freak out. The birday kids does nto remain the focus of attention as everyone scatters and the kids do not interact much or well. Better to have a location where the focus is ont he kids and interaction between the kids. That is more work for the host parents, but it is usually a much better party. A nerf war (or squirt guns) in the forest is much more fun than waiting in line for rides and getting grumpy because someone else got more X Y or Z.

One party that was a lot of work but went over super supwer well was to charter a fishing boat and take the whole group fishing. They all had a blast and lots fo dads came so thre were pleanty of adults to help out. The cost was about the same as a typical birthday party (typical for non-overboard parents, some spend thousands). I think it was maybe $500 for a half day charter. We split with another parent whose kid had the same brithday.

Oops, sorry 5th brithday, I was thinking 5th grade. 5th birthday - take them to the zoo and ride elephants or to Irivne Park and ride ponies. I would not want to try to take 20 5 year olds someplace like Disneyland. At that age we either stuck with home, or a local park and just had cake and maybe swings or a clown for half an hour. They kids get worn out and overstimulated in about 2 hours.
Maybe I misread the OP. For a party, Disneyland wouldn't be good, and too expensive. My kids are twins, and it was just our family (the four of us) at Disneyland. And we took them back to the hotel after lunch for a long nap, so they were good to go well into the evening. The unfortunate part is that we set the birthday bar awfully high at age 4 lol!

Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM

30,707 posts, read 79,541,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Maybe I misread the OP. For a party, Disneyland wouldn't be good, and too expensive. My kids are twins, and it was just our family (the four of us) at Disneyland. And we took them back to the hotel after lunch for a long nap, so they were good to go well into the evening. The unfortunate part is that we set the birthday bar awfully high at age 4 lol!
Maybe they are not intending a party. When our twins were about 4 or 5 we had an annual pass and went regularly so it woudl not have been anything special for them to go to Disneyland. It was crazy to go there with just 2-5 of our own kids, I cannot imagine trying to keep track of a whole birthday party there. The zoo works pretty well though. It is rarely busy and not that big.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM

815 posts, read 2,693,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Ever hear of a little place called Disneyland? We took our boys there last year for their 4th birthday and they loved it. They even got birthday buttons to wear so every worker in the park wished them happy birthday all day. Probably the best birthday ever for little kids.
------------------------------

Yeah right..Disney, cost effective?? -- LOL !!!
And be prepared to file for bankruptcy after you visit too.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
------------------------------

Yeah right..Disney, cost effective?? -- LOL !!!
And be prepared to file for bankruptcy after you visit too.
I'd say that for the 4 of us to spend one day in Disneyland, it was about $600 - $700 when you factor in tickets, food, souveniers and snacks. Add on 4 airplane tickets from Denver, 3 nights in the Grand Californian, rental car and meals... probably well over $3000 But that was our family vacation for last year. Plus we got to see many old friends since we moved here from OC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County