Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:58 PM

30 posts, read 36,238 times

Advertisements

AND I DON"T wave the mexican flag but I just don't understand why everyone gets so upset about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgreyes View Post
AND I DON"T wave the mexican flag but I just don't understand why everyone gets so upset about it.
Most people don't see a problem with someone that's proud of their heritage/ethnicity.

Unfortunately as of the last few years there has been a rise of ethnocentric Chicano activists protesting against the US and it's policies while demanding things, marching and claiming that this land was stolen from Mexico. It is these people that raise the ire of other Americans.

I have no problem with someone celebrating holidays or whatever in that regard and many other ethnic groups do so also.

It is good to see that people can be proud of their culture and history. If it's waved as a protest symbol in a march or act of civil disobedience, then they might as well go back if the place they left was so great.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,396 times
Mexican Americans love education, so they go to night school, take Spanish, get B's.....

Old 04-22-2013, 11:38 PM

Awwww, I am extremely excited to live in OC.

LOLOROJ- night school? how did you know? oh wait....I'm Mexican, duh?

Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 PM

919 posts, read 1,782,396 times
Quote:

Furthermore, Mexican Americans don't like to get up in the morning, but they have to, so they do it real slow.....

Old 04-22-2013, 11:57 PM

loloroj- get it. now. I was just pumped up. fail on my part. and it begins.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 AM

391 posts, read 840,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
Mexican Americans love education, so they go to night school, take Spanish, get B's.....
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloroj View Post
Furthermore, Mexican Americans don't like to get up in the morning, but they have to, so they do it real slow.....
That was a sneaky dirty joke. Dirty as in enema like. I like how the government can play a broken record 100 years old to try the same crap again, except you people are letting them get away with it. The government continues to pit us all against each other every time they are up to something then start a huge war. OP, the people with the biggest mouths do not represent the majority.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:33 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Just go round wearing your kiss me I'm irish shirt fly a polish fLag and drive a volvo with a big swedish flag on the hood. You will confuse everyone and they will not know what to think.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 PM

Kremit- thank you for your kind words.

Coldjensens- If I do that NOW, I'll be found. Bummer. Great idea though, although speaking only spanish added to that, haha.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:27 PM

391 posts, read 840,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Just go round wearing your kiss me I'm irish shirt fly a polish fLag and drive a volvo with a big swedish flag on the hood. You will confuse everyone and they will not know what to think.
I'm getting confused just thinking about it...

Quote:
Kremit- thank you for your kind words.

Coldjensens- If I do that NOW, I'll be found. Bummer. Great idea though, although speaking only spanish added to that, haha.
Be proud of your culture. NEVER be afraid to speak your language.

Here is a cartoon of our politicians using us as scapegoats.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County