Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:24 PM

6 posts, read 33,012 times

Advertisements

Hi All, I recently moved here from NY. I was on a sprint agreement which thankfully ended this week. The voice quality was horrible, call dropped a lot, and 4g on my samsung galaxy sucked.

I am in the market for a new cell phone service provider. Who do you think gives reasonable service? Voice matters a lot to me..

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 12:28 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,159,231 times
Probably Verizon, then AT&T. I'm a T-mobile user myself, and while voice quality is fine, the coverage area leaves something to be desired.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:13 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,941,918 times
Probably Verizon, but I have no problem with Sprint, except they do not have full LTE coverage

Old 05-19-2013, 01:37 PM

Thanks guys...

Old 05-19-2013, 01:44 PM

2,495 posts, read 2,709,994 times
I have been through all this trying to find good reception with the cellphone providers. To determine which cellphone service will work best for you means you have to try them out where you spend most of your time which probably would be your home and work. You can do this on a trial basis with most of the cellphone providers. You have normally 30 days to cancel service and return the phone. You can have them give you a temporary phone number if you intend on porting your old number. If the new service works for you then port your old number.

I have tried almost all of the cellphone companies because I was having bad reception. I have found that Sprint gives me the best reception at home and work enough that we got rid of our landphone at the houose. We could not get reception in our house with Verizon. I think AT&T is the all around worst.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:51 PM

Thank you jet757f. I havent found a place for myself, so Im not sure...

Since sprint was bad wherever I went, I am still torn between AT&T and Verizon.. like you said, may be I'll wait till I move to my own place and do a trial run Thanks again!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:24 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,458,967 times
Pretty much a toss up between Verizon and AT&T. Both have worked ok for me except a few isolated spots.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 AM

36 posts, read 67,440 times
Verizon is probably the best when it comes to coverage, but they charge you an arm and a leg for it. If I didn't get a 20% discount from my employer I would probably ditch them. Most of my friends who have Sprint have terrible coverage. AT&T seems ok, but it was terrible when I had them, granted that was about 10 years ago so I'm sure a lot has changed since then. Before I switched to Verizon I had TMobile and it was great. Coverage wasn't that great, but call quality and pricing was on the money.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,320,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by som3on3_10 View Post
Verizon is probably the best when it comes to coverage, but they charge you an arm and a leg for it. If I didn't get a 20% discount from my employer I would probably ditch them. Most of my friends who have Sprint have terrible coverage. AT&T seems ok, but it was terrible when I had them, granted that was about 10 years ago so I'm sure a lot has changed since then. Before I switched to Verizon I had TMobile and it was great. Coverage wasn't that great, but call quality and pricing was on the money.
I think AT&T is still pretty far behind Verizon in coverage. I have a friend who jumped to AT&T when the iPhone came out. He switched back to Verizon within the last couple of years and is very happy he did. I find Verizon penetrates buildings better. I've been in so many places where people say "No one gets signal here" and I've got at least a couple of bars with my Verizon phone.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:06 AM

193 posts, read 307,543 times
Verizon. Stay the hell away from Sprint.(Learned the hard way.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County