Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 6,002 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I wanted genuine reviews from Tutor time moms who are sending their kids to tutor time preschool.
Do the children their get individual attention? Do they teach anything, is their curriculum good? My daughter goes to the prepper(30months) class there where she just plays and comes. I see that even the daily art/craft work is given to only some kids while the other kids keeps roaming about. Is this the same way in preschool class??
Any information regarding this would be helpful.
Thanks,
Lakshmi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM

823 posts, read 1,771,526 times
I can't comment about that specific preschool, but can give you info on the preschool where my son is enrolled at just to give you an idea of what another school does.

As soon as he turned 2, I enrolled my son in the preschool where he has been going f/t 5 days a week. He just turned 3, but even at 2 years, they taught him letters, numbers, colors, shapes, etc. There was art time, although all he's really done is just lightly (I mean barely) scribble with crayons and markers . They paint, glue, play with shaving cream, with playdoh...so much art.

It's a Christian preschool, so he's learning Bible lessons, along with Dr. Seuss, etc. The class sings songs with hand motions. They cover the solar system, animals, plants...so many different things just to expose them to the world and to get their fine motor skills developed. They study aphids when they appear on a nearby tree. They go to Chapel once a week and will watch the big kids in elementary school perform their musicals.

They are taught to sit still, to follow directions, to wash their hands, to throw their plates away, etc. They nap or sit quietly while others nap. There is time-out for those who misbehave.

This is just in the 2 year-old class. A cute little 2 year-old girl just started going to the school and I commented at how "small" she is. Mine was just as small, a teacher said. I forget how young they are at 2, but I just had to send my son away, because I couldn't get work (I work from home) done with him around.

There's outdoor play time with scooters, a sand box, building toys, a big play structure, puzzles, and just toys galore. All the kids from 2 - 5 are out at the same time and will be called in by class when time comes. There's bubble days, picnics, book reading, and yes, tv watching too (but only to a minimum). The teachers are loving and firm and will even help potty-train the kids. Unfortunately, my son is not cooperating with that, but pretty much all his classmates are potty-trained thanks to the school.

Your 30 month-old should be getting more at preschool. I'm sure it's not cheap at Tutor time; you're paying for preschool, not babysitting. The first 3 years are so important in the child's development, so I hope you can find a good school for your precious one.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:12 PM

823 posts, read 1,771,526 times
p.s. The 2 preschools my daughter went to also went over letters, numbers, plenty of arts and crafts, singing, etc. One school was Christian-based, the other was not. If Tutor Time is not providing a strong educational foundation for your little one, I would find another preschool. Kindergarten is so demanding now so our preschoolers need to be ready for it.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:03 PM

3 posts, read 6,002 times
Thanks for the replies.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM

254 posts, read 440,764 times
None of my children attend Tutor Time, but some of my co-workers' children do and they have no issues. It's very comparable to a KinderCare. They are expensive, but will do a good job preparing your child for school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County