Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 10:05 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
It's been more then a single vehicle. In any case, the overall mindset of these people is what I'm referring to. You can try to minimize it by saying "well that sticker just means that or it just means this" but in actuality, the majority of these people are not stable. Anyone who kills for sport is a testament to that. Their views are extreme and delusional, paranoid, and overly suspicious. Quite honestly, they are probably not the most educated people when it comes to the issues, likely getting their information from only one news source.
You can't compare a "liberal" who has a Greenpeace or marriage equality sticker to a right-winger who is advertising his militant, anti-government tendencies.
Dang! In these here parts I'd venture a guess that about 75% of the male population hunts and fishes and a large percentage of women do as well, along with most children when they're old enough. This includes doctors, lawyers, business owners, corporate executives, people rich and poor, highly educated to not so much, you name it. Some hunt and fish for sport because they like the challenge, others because they like the taste of venison, fish and other game, some simply to put meat on the table.

And here someone told me you liberals were open-minded and inclusive. Guess they were wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 10:16 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,484,230 times
Quote:
It's been more then a single vehicle. In any case, the overall mindset of these people is what I'm referring to. You can try to minimize it by saying "well that sticker just means that or it just means this" but in actuality, the majority of these people are not stable. Anyone who kills for sport is a testament to that. Their views are extreme and delusional, paranoid, and overly suspicious. Quite honestly, they are probably not the most educated people when it comes to the issues, likely getting their information from only one news source.
You can't compare a "liberal" who has a Greenpeace or marriage equality sticker to a right-winger who is advertising his militant, anti-government tendencies.
I love these "balanced" opinions, no matter from whom they come.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
"cityx" is aptly named.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post

I'm an ultra right-wing, conservative, gun owning, Republican, Jew.
Wow. I know know of TWO in Orange County.

Unless your name is David S. in which case you still owe me ten bucks from that Super Bowl bet.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 PM

3,271 posts, read 3,932,639 times
Quote:
Anyone who kills for sport is a testament to that. Their views are extreme and delusional, paranoid, and overly suspicious...
Guilty, guilty, guilty, and guilty, throw in "smokes cigars" and you have a home run !!

Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 AM

7 posts, read 12,823 times
I wouldn't say I am worried, but people do assume things about me. It's all thanks to the OC.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM

880 posts, read 1,415,476 times
Is anyone else concerned about the misconceptions people have about OC?

No.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 PM

17 posts, read 41,372 times
see I was concerned when that UCI black face video started making rounds because UCI is the best school in Orange County and for it to start getting a bad reputation, especially one like that, that was concerning. Other than that not really. I have friends/family from out of state that have numerous ideas about Orange County. One being that we're all rich and that it's very luxurious, another being that gangs ran down every street throwing gang signs at you, and another that everyone here is just so laid-back and kind. I suppose we're sending mixed signals. :l

Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Mixed signals from over 3 million people? Whoda thunk?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 PM

17 posts, read 41,372 times
sassy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County